ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-17, 05:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,742 Times in 9,492 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanrc51 View Post
Maybe use a batch file instead? If you have no idea what that is I could help you create one.
Thank you for the offer! That is very kind of you!

I re-set it and removed a bunch of stuff and it turned out just fine. But thank you!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 06:33 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Mentioning Dylan was what did it for me. If I could have one wish it would be to know for certain whether he's still alive and if he's still alive whether he's okay.

I was talking through some of the what ifs about Ebony when I dug deeper into the past (therapist asked if my anxiety had always acted up like this before Ebony came into my life or whether it was just about Ebony)

How I miss him.

You are stunning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 06:41 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,096 Times in 2,204 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mentioning Dylan was what did it for me. If I could have one wish it would be to know for certain whether he's still alive and if he's still alive whether he's okay.

I was talking through some of the what ifs about Ebony when I dug deeper into the past (therapist asked if my anxiety had always acted up like this before Ebony came into my life or whether it was just about Ebony)

How I miss him.
I'm so glad that you can feel and show your emotions about that. Being able to connect with your emotions os one of the greatest gifts someone can have.

You had a lot of fear and anxiety about going into therapy before. How do you feel about that after your first session?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17), midnightstar (04-28-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-17, 07:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,708 Times in 12,442 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it very hard to ignore things that don't make sense to me or that I know are plain wrong. However after correcting or quizzing people about the nonsensical statements thst they make I feel guilty and petty. And like a smart ***. And disrespectful. But then do I need to respect nonsense? Maybe. ..if the nonsensical view doesn't actually harm me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-29-17), midnightstar (04-29-17)
Old 04-28-17, 11:14 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,064 Times in 10,376 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I'm so glad that you can feel and show your emotions about that. Being able to connect with your emotions os one of the greatest gifts someone can have.

You had a lot of fear and anxiety about going into therapy before. How do you feel about that after your first session?
I admit I'm still nervous about future sessions

(I should be in bed abd asleep, it's 4am and I'm awake again for no reason)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17), Lunacie (04-29-17)
Old 04-28-17, 11:26 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Tigger, why do you think the staircase is a bed? Silly girl.
Hermus (04-29-17), Letching Gray (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 02:19 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Tigger, why do you think the staircase is a bed? Silly girl.

Extraordinarily proud of you and happy for you, too. To go talk to others about the real you, just awesome. Tremendous guts.

I don't want to appear to be bragging, but where I grew up, people used to think I was a tough guy, in fact, very, very tough and nasty, too. The men and young guys thought I was it. That is the truth.

What they didn't know or suspect, as far as I know, is how fearful I was inside and how crippled I felt because of shame and the terror, really, to let anyone know who I really was inside. To come here and see what you and others do and say, opening up, being vulnerable, despite your fears, is, well, it just blows me away.

Being cool was always my God. Wanted to be in the center of all that was going on, all that was in. Today, the people I like and admire the most are the those who are honest and vulnerable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-29-17), midnightstar (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 03:54 AM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
I admit I'm still nervous about future sessions

(I should be in bed abd asleep, it's 4am and I'm awake again for no reason)
But you don't think they will put you away anymore?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17), midnightstar (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
But you don't think they will put you away anymore?
No I think if they were going to they'd have done it yesterday

As in "Star you're a fruitcake" *gets out the keys and locks Star away*
Hermus (04-29-17), Letching Gray (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 04:29 AM
Mindful moderator

Quote:
No I think if they were going to they'd have done it yesterday

As in "Star you're a fruitcake" *gets out the keys and locks Star away*
Great. So you're making progress there.

Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 05:07 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,397 Times in 6,128 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Another day...another night of sleeping issues .

Lately sleep feels very odd to me. Like it's unnatural or something. It doesn't make much sense to me...to sleep 6-8 hours a day. Seems so boring and tedious and unproductive to me. Like why would I want to sleep when I can stay awake and do things?
haha truth be told...sleeping is probably more exciting then the mindless life I'm living right now...but still...
So I fight it.
Then I do fall asleep and I toss and turn all freaking night. Get up several times to use the bathroom, toss and turn, fall back asleep, have a nightmare, toss and turn, wake up, sit up in bed for an hour, get up to go to the bathroom, go back to sleep, toss and turn...
It's vicious and not enjoyable.
I hate you sleep! Go away and leave me alone!! Or if you are going to keep bugging me, can't you at least give me some solid hours without all the tossing and turning and frequent bathroom breaks and nightmares?
/sigh

I REALLY need to get another sleep study done and get a cpap (breathing) machine again. I know I've been saying this for months now...I know I'm ridiculous.
I wonder if that's why I toss and turn so much...because I'm having breathing issues, even though I'm not aware of it? I wonder if I'd be able to sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom so often...if I was able to sleep deeper (which I'd be able to if I wasn't tossing and turning so freaking constantly).
I have big concerns though. I struggled SO hard the first time I tried a cpap...it was horrible. If only I could somehow get use to the great discomfort it gives me. I wonder how long it'd take to really get use to? I think I'd wear it all day while I'm at home for a week or so just to try and get use to it.
We'll see. I don't really know anymore to be honest lol.

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 05:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,062 Times in 12,610 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanrc51 View Post
Maybe use a batch file instead? If you have no idea what that is I could help you create one.
BATCHES? We dont need no stinking BATCHES!

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 04-29-17, 05:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I find it very hard to ignore things that don't make sense to me or that I know are plain wrong. However after correcting or quizzing people about the nonsensical statements thst they make I feel guilty and petty. And like a smart ***. And disrespectful. But then do I need to respect nonsense? Maybe. ..if the nonsensical view doesn't actually harm me
Nonsense is so hard to ignore.

I carried a watermelon?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-29-17), Fuzzy12 (04-29-17), stef (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 05:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I wonder if that's why I toss and turn so much...because I'm having breathing issues, even though I'm not aware of it? I wonder if I'd be able to sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom so often...if I was able to sleep deeper (which I'd be able to if I wasn't tossing and turning so freaking constantly).
I have big concerns though. I struggled SO hard the first time I tried a cpap...it was horrible. If only I could somehow get use to the great discomfort it gives me. I wonder how long it'd take to really get use to? I think I'd wear it all day while I'm at home for a week or so just to try and get use to it.
We'll see. I don't really know anymore to be honest lol.
I think it totally would be awesome if you had another sleep study. So many people chalk it up to apnea but have they ever thought about narcolepsy for you? there is so much misinformation about narcolepsy out there; people think its like the movies where someone falls asleep standing up or something but it varies. My husband has narcolepsy. He has the hardest time during "low stimulus" environment. For him that could be while watching tv or listening to a podcast or music. During a boring staff meeting or seminar. Because of the narcolepsy, he fails to reach the deepest stages of sleep in the right order, or falls into deep sleep within minutes and sort of cycles all throughout the night. He gets sleep paralysis where he will be sort of stuck in a light sleep where he is kind of aware of the stuff around him, the usual household activities like, loading the dishwasher or tv watching and even though he wants to wake up he cant until he comes out of that stage. He cant help it and I have have had to learn he just needs those little sleep microbursts and then he comes out of it and is fine. He also has some cataplexy sometimes.

He is not the kind of narcoleptic who cant drive or has issues when performing active things. A lot of times he will take a power nap, form 20 minutes and come to and not realize he has been asleep.

Do you have chronic pain, like in your back or legs? Hubby does and the doctor said even unconsciously it could interfere with the stages of sleep and cause night waking.

I carried a watermelon?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-29-17), stef (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 06:03 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,291 Times in 12,429 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a magazine to read before grocery shopping, but didnt bring my glasses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-29-17), Letching Gray (04-29-17)