ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-10, 11:39 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Marspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond repute
Question Do you have weird hands or any part of your anatomy?

I don't know how I stumbled on this but it was talking about palmar creases, after freaking out (No of course you don't have Down's syndrome or simian lines or whatever) ah I remember I was searching fine motor skills, than hand anatomy http://handfacts.wordpress.com/2010/...cal-disorders/, I do realize I have weird hands.

I've loads of deep set lines on my palms. Very deep set and creases, one of my friends once commented they look like I've been juggling with razor blades. I have lots and lots of lines on my hand, way more than average. My hands are short and I also have lots of deep wrinkles on the back of my hand. It's not due to dryness but that I have deep creases. I always wear the smallest gloves.

Nobody else in my family has this. My sister has long beautiful tapered fingers grr...

I also have four horizontal creases on the middle and ring finger of my right hand. It should be 3 creases which are all very deep set anyway on my hands. Look at your palms and count how many, well I have four.

My feet also look very wrinkled like they've been in water for a long time and I have got some deep creases on the sole but nothing like my hands.

I had lumps on the back of my hands when I was a teenager but they went away. And bony protruding knuckles. I also had weird bumps on my spine a few years ago like I had on my hands.

Other body weirdness, I have flexible shoulders, and they roll out of their sockets. I had a party trick where my hands were tied behind my back and I could roll my shoulders forward and undo the knots with my teeth, the gasps of horror.... but haven't done that since I slipped down the icy stairs last year, I grabbed the banister to stop myself and must have done something with the sockets, joints and tendons. I had horrible pain a few nights and lingering soreness for 1 year.

I discovered my loose joints in karate class when I was about 14/15 when I punched someone, he grabbed my arm and stared at me in horror as he felt my arm move way too forward. He was frightened because he thought he had pulled my arm out, he felt it move out of socket and i just looked at him wondering what he was on about. Then I discovered I could clasp my hands behind my back, and roll them out to the front freaking out my audience. (EWWWWWWW! OMG! Do it again!)

One of my friends used to enjoy grabbing me and lifting me as my limbs would flop about like a rag doll. (we were 14, I was about 5 "3 or 2 he was 6 foot. annoying).

I'm fairly sure my left leg is shorter than my right as my left trouser legs always seem to drag on the ground which doesn't happen with the right one. It's not noticeable but I have a swaying walk. I'm always having pains in the hips although I've been having joint crunchy pain in general, I think it's lack of Vitamin D.

I have flat feet and fallen arches. My legs used to tangle together when I was young, I still have scars from the inside of the ankles where they used to bang together and I started walking pigeon toe to avoid that.

I also started getting white hair at 16. The only person in my family to do so: near family and extended family who don't go gray until they are at least 50. I'm the weird one, though I look so much like my dad so I'm definitely not a foundling.

Gd, now I'm going to worry I have some weird disorder. So any thoughts of early white hair, flexible joints,and unusually large number of lines on palm?
Old 10-06-10, 12:52 AM

Dogsquat has a spectacular aura aboutDogsquat has a spectacular aura about
Re: Do you have weird hands or any part of your anatomy?

Are you sure you're not the mailman's kid?
Old 10-06-10, 01:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ky4giraffe has a spectacular aura aboutKy4giraffe has a spectacular aura about

Ha me and my mother look like we have old people hands. We use to joke that we start off with old lady hands and as we get older the slowly turn into normal hands, of course they dont but I was little at that time lol.
My hands and feet have a lot of deep wrinkles in them.

As for weird things with them my second toe (the one next to the big toe) is very crooked on both feet. They are stright until the top part (that knuckle like thing bone whatever) that bone thing is what is crooked. On both toes it is crooked pointed the direction of all the little toes. Also, I can more my toes... individually lol. Mainly the baby toe I dont even have to think about it I can just more it like any other body part. The others I have to think about actually I remind myself of Kill Bill when she repeats 'wiggle your big toe' over and over again after she wakes up from the coma.

As for my finger my pinky fingers are also bent, not as service and noticeable as my toes, but they bend in a little. Also, all my fingers are double jointed. I can take my thumb and bend the top part all the way back perfectly straight. I can do that naturally to without thinking about it, I put my thumb up like give someone thumbs up and my thumb bends back without a thought of trying. In fact when I was little I never wrote the correct way because of my double jointed fingers. I remember the school gave me a little rubber thing to put on my pencil so Id write the right way. I was in 3rd grade and so ****ed at them trying to make me normal so I cut the rubber thing up into little bits. I still write my way, I like it makes me feel unique =)

I am the only one in my family with the bent toes and pinky, Im the only one that can move my toes individually and Im the only one with double jointed fingers.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-10, 04:31 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,330 Times in 12,448 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

double jointed fingers!
and I'm not limber at all, not athletic but it's really easy for me to sit in a lotus position. at work (if I'm not wearing a skirt!) , I sort of sit in this half yoga type position with one leg folded over the other.

I don't hold a pencil "correctly" either. I love those Pentel triangular shaped pens, my fingers go all twisty and cramped with normal pens.
Old 10-06-10, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,472 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

I have crooked/bent toes and pinky fingers, flat feet, and double jointed elbows.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHairedWitch For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-06-10)
Old 10-07-10, 01:24 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ky4giraffe has a spectacular aura aboutKy4giraffe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
but it's really easy for me to sit in a lotus position. at work (if I'm not wearing a skirt!) , I sort of sit in this half yoga type position with one leg folded over the other.
I do that all the time! I remember people use to see me sitting in strange ways and they'd always ask me if it hurts. Obviously, if it hurt I would be sitting like that, duh. lol
Old 10-07-10, 09:08 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,045 Times in 1,382 Posts
shysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond repute

My hands are normal I guess.
Ummm, I was born with 2 teeth missing. You can't really tell at all since I had braces to close the gaps. Lucky for me this meant my wisdom teeth had enough room later on.

Also I'm pretty flexible, and like some said, can sit in weird ways with no pain (no arm socket dis locating though, ow!! ).
Old 10-07-10, 09:49 AM

KWIL is on a distinguished road

My palms look like a 70 year old's hands!!! I'm only 28 and they've always looked like this since I was a child