ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-12, 08:00 PM

Dms25938 is on a distinguished road
Hey

Hey everyone. My name is Danielle. I'm 26 years old and a full time student.

I got diagnosed with ADD and generalized anxiety disorder a few days ago. My 6 year relationship is holding on by a string. It took the threat of a breakup to actually go see the psychiatrist. But now I realize that nearly everything that is wrong in my relationship is pretty much because of me, and honestly it's a lot to handle. I'm very overwhelmed. So I did some searching and found this forum, in hopes that it would make me not feel so alone.

I guess that's all for now.
Old 10-02-12, 08:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey

welcome, Danielle!

That's what it took for me to get back on meds myself... not my idea of a good reason at the time, but looking back, I needed that push.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 10-02-12, 08:24 PM
mod of many colors

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,578 Posts
pooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-12, 10:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

Seravance will become famous soon enough

Hello Danielle!

I have a similar story. I'm in a four and a half year relationship and the threat of a breakup was the reason I started seeing a psychologist, and the reason I promised to go see a psychiatrist (which took a few months longer but has finally happened).

If you start to feel alone, feel free to message me! I'll help you if I can, or just talk/listen if that's what would help!

"We're all stories in the end." - The Eleventh Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold." The Seventh Doctor