ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-12, 05:10 PM

cryptzombie is on a distinguished road
Hello Everyone!

My name is Sam,

I'm 25 years old and in the last semester of obtaining my MA! I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5 years old, but my father (being the proud stubborn individual he is) did not believe in it so I was never treated until high school. By that time I grew out of the hyperactive part of it and just can't keep my thoughts focused on one thing. I have to try very heard to listen to people or my mind will wonder and I won't hear a thing. I can read half a book and not remember any of it. I somehow read it and my mind will think about food or some movie watched last night and I retain nothing. I've tried quite a few medications over the years and have finally settled on one that seems to help. I still have problems but I'm loads better. I even had to increase the font size because I couldn't focus on it (I'm sure most of you have the same problem). Well thanks for letting me vent a little.
The Following User Says Thank You to cryptzombie For This Useful Post:
nanners (10-03-12)
Old 10-03-12, 05:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the forums!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 10-03-12, 06:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-12, 02:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

Seravance will become famous soon enough

Welcome!

I appreciate your increased font size! Both because of my ADD and my poor eye sight.

"We're all stories in the end." - The Eleventh Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold." The Seventh Doctor
Old 10-04-12, 04:40 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

DvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to beholdDvlsAdv0c8 is a splendid one to behold

Hello!
"Face your fear, accept your war, it is what it is." - Black Label Society