ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > ADD Tech Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Tech Corner Discuss issues with software, hardware, viruses, security and other technology issues here.

Old 07-14-18, 12:03 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about
Does Anyone Else Get Baffled By Technology,Modems Wires, Cables Internet Connectivity

I get totally baffled by modems, wire connectivity, and technology setups. Other people just seem to have this natural ability to just figure all of this stuff out and for me it fits into the "cannot organize multiple stimuli" par of ADD. I find this so frustrating, plus it just makes me feel like an idiot.
Old 07-14-18, 12:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,978 Times in 2,047 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: Does Anyone Else Get Baffled By Technology,Modems Wires, Cables Internet Connecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesandro1 View Post
I get totally baffled by modems, wire connectivity, and technology setups. Other people just seem to have this natural ability to just figure all of this stuff out and for me it fits into the "cannot organize multiple stimuli" par of ADD. I find this so frustrating, plus it just makes me feel like an idiot.
tbh, I think you're being too hard on yourself. I don't really think the ability is natural for most people. They might think it is but really, they are just used to it (in terms of adults) or just love it (especially kids and some adults) so gain more experience more rapidly.

I'm far from a tech guru but I'm comfortable with it. It feels like common sense to me now but I know it wasn't common sense until my experience increased (so not common sense at all). Modems and routers are actually quite complicated especially imo. Also, the smartest people I know irl aren't tech savvy. I think it's cause their interest in it is zero. Being untech savvy is not a sign of how intelligent you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (07-14-18)
Old 07-15-18, 04:08 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,436 Times in 15,028 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Else Get Baffled By Technology,Modems Wires, Cables Internet Connecti

I think its tough too.. I have solved major laptop issues on my own after intense hours long trial and error and been baffled by the simplest fix. I am convinced that help desks and internet companies think every problems can be fixed by unplugging your router, counting to 30 and plugging it back in. Even if I do that before I call they still make me do it again as if I am making it up.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (07-15-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-18, 08:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough

I am constantly buffed by something tech-related: new usb-C plugs (can't remember all those voltage-throughput-label diagrams), then I realise I had no idea bout when to change oil in what type of engine and then there's the drone hype and the burning question where can one fly one and how to operate it and a month ago I realised I didn't even know there are so many types of lightbulbes to choose from....

I can't wait when alexa has an AR interface that will show anything like that, instantly, with a nice diagram