ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-17, 01:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold
Extreme brain fog vs. cognitive impairment

So the question is mostly in the topic.

Is there a way to separate these 2 things?

It's been troubling for me to notice, mostly in the last year or so, frequent periods of something that feels like either a "disconnect from mind or environment" or some kind of cognitive impairment. It could be--hopefully it IS--just a worsening of the brain fog I've had for years, and which seems to be part and parcel of this kind of ADD... inattentive. I would call my ADD "extremely inattentive."

I'm in my 30s, for reference. Is it possible for someone to get Mild Cognitive Impairment in their 30s?

The best way I can find to describe the feeling of it is like I'm "not fully present in my environment" like whatever my normal cognitive state really is, it's like I'm functioning at 50% capacity during these times.

It happens less often with proper sleep patterns. Sometimes it lasts most of the day; other days I don't notice it at all. It's almost like "every other day" I notice this unnerving mental state which is an alarming progression. Exercise doesn't help as much as it used to... another concern.

I have some other thoughts on this, but will refrain for now to keep the post from getting longwinded.

Anyone experience this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batman55 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-11-17), namazu (10-10-17)