ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-12, 10:39 PM
Jr Member

InkyMarie is on a distinguished road
Surprise diagnosis at age 32, but it all makes sense!

Boy, this intro stuff is a little scary. Not sure exactly where to start.

After struggling through years of what I thought was just due to my screwed-up parents and my husband's untreated depression/anxiety, I finally got my husband to agree to see a shrink. I eventually made the appointment after finding a suitable doctor, and then he refused to go... so I said "well SOMEONE is going, and I don't care who." One of the best decisions I've made in my life.

After several visits over the course of a year (and my husband eventually going by himself and getting depression meds), I was shocked by one day walking out of the office with a prescription for *myself*. I started reading up on ADD (inattentive type) and quickly discovered how it all matched up. DAMN, is basically what I had to say.

I've been lurking for a while but decided it's past time for me to seek out some additional support I know I need. Going to a local support group just isn't an option for me right now.

Thanks, and I hope to be able to pay your support back to others in the future!
Old 11-19-12, 03:13 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,252 Times in 8,589 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Surprise diagnosis at age 32, but it all makes sense!

Welcome home InkyMarie. You have come to the right place.

I remember when I wrote my own intro. I was just as scared as you are now. I was used to other places on the net that were a lot less friendly than our place and I was pleasantly surprised at the warm reception I got right away.
InkyMarie (11-27-12)
Old 11-19-12, 03:20 AM
Contributor

scrambled86 is a jewel in the roughscrambled86 is a jewel in the roughscrambled86 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome, hope you can find the support you are looking for here
The Following User Says Thank You to scrambled86 For This Useful Post:
InkyMarie (11-27-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-12, 04:04 PM
Jr Member

InkyMarie is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am a little less worried here about having to deal with the usual internet trolls.
The Following User Says Thank You to InkyMarie For This Useful Post:
sarek (11-19-12)
Old 11-19-12, 04:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,531 Posts
SquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to SquarePeg For This Useful Post:
InkyMarie (11-27-12)