ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-17, 04:39 AM

Saskally222 is on a distinguished road
Everything finally makes sense...

Lately I've been feeling like I'm failing at everything. Failing at work and school and being a mother. Too many things going on in my life and I can't seem to focus.At work I feel so completely useless sometimes, like everyone I work with thinks I'm a moron. I'm a nurse's aide and for the longest time I worked doing home care which means I did things on my own, went to clients houses, followed their care plans which were always in my folder and was mostly really great at my job. But then my hours got cut and I was forced to make up the time in longterm care, a nursing home.There, I am always partnered with someone different (we work in pairs) and things are never in the same order (the nature of the job), I mostly try to let the other person lead but sometimes I think they loose patience with me because I always forget things that I should know by now after a couple years. The thing, is, I do know how to do the job, its just that I have trouble organizing my thoughts when we are rushing.
____
For years I had trouble in school but I was smart in certain areas. Bad in math, great at English. Always got either As or Fs, not much in between. I was always late handing in assignments and was always late for school. When I got to university, I had the same problems. At times I seem to be more with it than others. My mind is always thinking of so many things that I can't concentrate. Last week I went online and googled a bunch of the stuff I had problems with in my life and I came across a website taliking apout ADHD, The more I researched, the more I realized that I was such. Im trying to work up the nerve to ask my familu doctor to assess me. Joined this forum to hear about others with the same problems I have.