ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-04, 05:52 PM
Contributor

bnsforu2 is on a distinguished road
thanks joan.
paul
Old 03-27-04, 04:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
Paul.
It sounds as if something common is happening here. Missing social cues and ADHD aren't altogether unknown in these circles. < g > Is this likely?

Maybe if you are having some difficulties it might help to review the forum guidelines.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=75
I think it wise for us all to review the guidelines periodically. When I first started here I had a good look at them to ensure that I was going to be free to be myself here. Lucky for me they suited me just fine. The next step for me was to observe the administration and their commitment to those guidelines. Again I have not been disappointed. Apparently they mean what they say and say what they mean. I love this about these forums. Very low signal to noise ratio. < g >

Possibly a netiquette guide too if the social dynamic is getting to be a stretch.
http://www.albion.com/netiquette/
Here is one link but there are many. I have an excellent one in "pdf" format if you need. Just ask and I'll post it where you can retrieve it. I found it to help my Dad get up to speed on the web and it's been a big help to both of us and many friends. Mostly through his ability to accept some learning has been key to his success. I'm so grateful he's not dead yet. So many people go brain dead and stop taking on new and helpful behaviours. I've met my share of kids in this boat and it's very sad in that age group. I prefer the live wires that many mums and teachers wish would go away...ehehh

You might find mention of your habit of posting on top of your own posts frequently that might be mentioned in both references. Just a thought. I notice you "bottom" posting in return to me, so you have much of this stuff down pat no doubt.

I used the search function to look for "social cues" and came up with some hits here. They were mostly in the "Relationships and Social Issues" forums. We are all here to learn so I hope this isn't falling on deaf ears. Hearing is such a opportunity for growth. I hope you can rectify the things that are causing you some disruption here. I expect that others here have found ways of moderating behaviour that members may be having trouble with. The search function is a good thing! Of course these are skills that are relevant to our lives here and in our local surroundings. After all.. these are the types of things that many of us are here to investigate and practise. In my life, practise beats investigation every time...hehe Of course you have to forumlate the questions first to indicate a course of action but I'm sure you catch my drift.

I read on one of your posts that you aren't using meds. I was opposed to this for a long time as well. I have done some trials this winter with some of the safer ones. Mainly my trials have revolved around Dexedrine. I continue to develop both chemical intervention and life skills to help me be more effective in these types of situations and the world around me. If you are having some difficulties I'm sure there are those whom have gone before you and their strategies and successes are posted here for us all to learn from. Learn we must or we just cycle in place and the insanity of the same things happening over and over while cycle we find ourselves expecting the results to somehow be different.

Please know I'm interested in helping not offending. Take what you like if anything and leave what you don't need.
Good luck. Hope this helps.

Please don't post your usual short response to this. I'd rather you just ignore me than have this effort taken lightly. It has cost me plenty to be where I am.

Respectfully. Ian
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 03-29-04, 11:01 AM
Contributor

bnsforu2 is on a distinguished road
Please don't post your usual short response to this. I'd rather you just ignore me than have this effort taken lightly. It has cost me plenty to be where I am.
======================================
your effort is not taken lightly.

thanks for your info. it was helpful.

i will try to give you some more feedback later.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread