ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-18, 06:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,241 Times in 937 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
AD(H)D Families Overwhelmed With Emotional Distresses (part one)

My mother recently visited from far away, and i had a chance to ask my mother why she did not seem interested in learning more about the origins of AD(H)D and the emotional distresses that I experienced living with AD(H)D.

And what I learned was that she had so many types of social emotional distresses in her own life, and that she was already overwhelmed with social emotional distresses and sadly she simply did not have the capacity to deal with any more emotional distresses.

Are there any other AD(H)D families that are simply overwhelmed with life's social emotional distresses to properly address origin and treatment of AD(H)D?

M
acdc01 (05-12-18), Fuzzy12 (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18), Tetrahedra (07-14-18)