ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-07-14, 11:55 AM

Thanked 32,256 Times in 14,571 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific generic

we want to provide this resource for members who have legitimate difficulty filling prescriptions, and we also recognize different generics can be more/less effective for people, who may have difficulty locating them. i've started this thread with those things in mind, and feel free to message me or another treatments moderator or any supermoderator with questions or for clarification.

this thread is for those who are;
  • having difficulty finding pharmacies in their area with current stock to fill prescriptions

and/or

• having trouble finding a pharmacy with a specific generic type available

this thread is for the following:
1. if you're having trouble filling a prescription due to medication shortage or pharmacies in your area not carrying medication: post the approximate geographic location you are in or willing/able to go.
2. if you wish to ask if others know where a specific generic type or types might be found: post the approximate geographic location you are in or willing/able to go.
3. if you know of a pharmacy with the medication/generic type: please quote the post you're replying to and give pharmacy name and geographic location ONLY.

***all forum guidelines apply***
this thread is NOT for people to solicit medications without prescriptions or to seek advice on obtaining medications without a prescription or in any way circumventing US federal law or prescribing information. NO posting of commercial links, NO phone numbers, and NO hyperlinks to pharmacy sites or maps is allowed. any violations of our guidelines may result in thread closure and warnings/infractions.

-it will remain stickied and will be reviewed by staff.
-specific requests that are started as their own threads will be moved here to reduce clutter on the adderall board.

cheers,
-peri

Last edited by someothertime; 07-09-14 at 08:22 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
hilversum (07-28-14), namazu (07-16-14), someothertime (07-09-14)
Old 07-13-14, 08:23 PM

ibuprofen is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

I live in the city of Kent, south of Seattle, WA. I usually have to wait at least a week or longer to get any prescriptions filled due to none being in stock. I'm new to this med, so I've only tried about 6 local places, and it's the same story every time. If anyone knows any pharmacies in the greater Seattle area that keep a regular stock of this medicine, I'd be glad to hear it. I basically have to get my prescriptions from my doctor at least a week and a half to a week before I run out because that's how long it takes to fill them. For a medication that is needed to be taken daily, I find this to be totally unacceptable, but I guess this is part of my annoying introduction to the world of Adderall.
Old 07-16-14, 03:38 PM
Jr Member

NiaCas is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

I have trouble too. I don't usually get my prescription from places like CVS partly because it's 10x's more expensive, so I stick with Walmart and Target. I have to tell them a week in advance, but I'm not allowed to leave my prescription with them until they have it in stock...I'm not sure why. I've never experienced that with any other medication.

When they do get it in, it's amphetamine, not adderall which isn't bad I guess, but I've taken to skipping days of taking my meds because it can take about a week and a half or even 2 weeks to get my prescription. 2 months ago, I went to Walmart, showed them my prescription, they said they'd get it in the following Friday and, as usual, I couldn't give them my prescription paper. Then on Friday, I showed up and they were OUT! They said they hadn't gotten enough in...Aren't THEY the ones that order it? Just order enough!

I went to Walgreens and CVS - both said they would receive their next shipment in 2 and 3 days respectively, and at both places it was going to be almost $100 AFTER insurance since it would be regular adderall rather than the $10 amphetamine and they don't take requests lol. This is in the Woodstock, Georgia area. If anyone knows of better places around here where I can get my meds ON TIME without paying 2 weeks worth of groceries, please let me know!

Like I said, I've taken to skipping days of meds and only taking them when I really REALLY need them, but now I feel like I'm hording adderall If the cops came into my room for some reason I think I'd be questioned lol. I was upped from 10mg xr to 20mg and when I figured I had enough "stocked", I turned in what I had of the 10mgs - almost 2 bottles worth. I asked the pharmacist if, since I was giving them a bunch back if they would put me on a priority list so I could get my meds BEFORE they run out ....but he said no :/

Last edited by someothertime; 08-10-14 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: line breaks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-14, 08:28 PM

Kyle92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaCas View Post
I have trouble too. I don't usually get my prescription from places like CVS partly because it's 10x's more expensive, so I stick with Walmart and Target. I have to tell them a week in advance, but I'm not allowed to leave my prescription with them until they have it in stock...I'm not sure why. I've never experienced that with any other medication. When they do get it in, it's amphetamine, not adderall which isn't bad I guess, but I've taken to skipping days of taking my meds because it can take about a week and a half or even 2 weeks to get my prescription. 2 months ago, I went to Walmart, showed them my prescription, they said they'd get it in the following Friday and, as usual, I couldn't give them my prescription paper. Then on Friday, I showed up and they were OUT! They said they hadn't gotten enough in...Aren't THEY the ones that order it? Just order enough! I went to Walgreens and CVS - both said they would receive their next shipment in 2 and 3 days respectively, and at both places it was going to be almost $100 AFTER insurance since it would be regular adderall rather than the $10 amphetamine and they don't take requests lol. This is in the Woodstock, Georgia area. If anyone knows of better places around here where I can get my meds ON TIME without paying 2 weeks worth of groceries, please let me know!

Like I said, I've taken to skipping days of meds and only taking them when I really REALLY need them, but now I feel like I'm hording adderall If the cops came into my room for some reason I think I'd be questioned lol. I was upped from 10mg xr to 20mg and when I figured I had enough "stocked", I turned in what I had of the 10mgs - almost 2 bottles worth. I asked the pharmacist if, since I was giving them a bunch back if they would put me on a priority list so I could get my meds BEFORE they run out ....but he said no :/
I'm not in your area, but I've always had luck with Costco always having stock. You can talk with the pharmacist and tell them you're going to be filling there regularly and they should (if they're a good pharmacist) add it to the reorder for stocking so you don't have to wait for shipments in the future.

When I first got the Rx, I checked Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, CVS, and Walgreens. All where out of stock and/or expensive. Costco is the only one that has a remotely decent price. I do the XR variant and I get the generic. Iirc, the generic company makes both the branded and non-branded types because they bought the branding from Shire when Shire brought Vyvanese to market. It's discussed here: http://www.shire.com/shireplc/en/inv...irenews?id=544

There's no "official" Adderall or Adderall XR by Shire any longer. TevaBarr has licensing for the brand name, they also make the generics. Hence why both product lines look the same.
Old 07-17-14, 04:15 PM

didntnotice is on a distinguished road

I'm so frustrated and just tired of the battle!! I live in Deland, FL, am prescribed Adderall 20 mg and every single month end up going pharmacy to pharmacy to pharmacy being treated like I'm a thief or junky searching for illegal medication.

In Florida they won't give CII information over the telephone so it's literally a monthly agenda item to go from place to place hunting for a pharmacy who can fill my script. I cut them in half and try to skip weekends when I get them because I never know how long it will take to find a pharmacy who can fill my script. I've never asked for anything early or have ever had a different doctor prescribe my medication (behavior that has been explained to be "drug seeking" or "red flag") I am courteous and kind and still get the eye rolls and dirty looks.

I am 44 years old and have a diagnosed condition!! Without this medication my life was unmanageable. My husband was constantly furious with me because of trail of things left all around that I didn't notice. My employer was at the end of their rope with me because of my inability to get paperwork completed or to remember complete details of information. I couldn't keep a calendar because I literally would forget to look at my phone for days. I was unmanageable!

The difference Adderall has made in my life brings me to tears. And now, once again after visiting 4 nearby CVS's (I LOATHE them more than any pharmacy), The Medicine Shoppe, Target, Winn Dixie, Walmart and Publix I sit at home feeling completely powerless, embarrassed and just ready to give up. I understand that there are shortages and that there have been robberies that lead to safety concerns - I get all of that - so I'm out of options and just defeated. Florida won't allow CII scripts to be written in advance without "Do not fill before..." written so 90 day mail order is out. I feel lower right now than I did before I ever knew about my ADHD and lived a life inside a hurricane. I don't understand why it has to be so hard.

Last edited by someothertime; 08-10-14 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: line breaks
The Following User Says Thank You to didntnotice For This Useful Post:
ObJoeXXL (09-28-16)
Old 07-18-14, 08:42 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

Is there a another shortage going on????? How does everyone check/find out if there is a current shortage? Last time was severely upsetting...
Old 07-19-14, 02:04 PM

doublej8104 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyd19 View Post
Is there a another shortage going on????? How does everyone check/find out if there is a current shortage? Last time was severely upsetting...
At least in Houston there is...been like this for a while. Luckily I can call around to find it but is a Hassell. Going to have to drive 45 minutes round trip to a Walgreen that said they have it. Really thinking about switching to vyvanse
Old 07-20-14, 09:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

Oh man....this is something I that I am always worried about. Is this being reported? Is it on the shortage list?
Old 07-23-14, 07:18 PM

royiswar is on a distinguished road

when I started on 20 mg ir x 2 it was like I was asking the pharmacy if they had crack. the looks and having to explain I went to 5 other pharmacies and they were out. I switched to xr and haven't looked back since. ( 6 months )

I also lowered my dose ( couple different reasons ) so getting 30 pills a month is alot easier than 60.
Old 07-24-14, 01:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

mollymae76 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuprofen View Post
I live in the city of Kent, south of Seattle, WA. I usually have to wait at least a week or longer to get any prescriptions filled due to none being in stock. I'm new to this med, so I've only tried about 6 local places, and it's the same story every time. If anyone knows any pharmacies in the greater Seattle area that keep a regular stock of this medicine, I'd be glad to hear it. I basically have to get my prescriptions from my doctor at least a week and a half to a week before I run out because that's how long it takes to fill them. For a medication that is needed to be taken daily, I find this to be totally unacceptable, but I guess this is part of my annoying introduction to the world of Adderall.
Oh, geez man! Go to Walgreen's already! I'm in Tacoma and that's where I go every month. ChEAPEST TOO!
The Following User Says Thank You to mollymae76 For This Useful Post:
ibuprofen (07-25-14)
Old 07-28-14, 03:09 PM

hilversum is on a distinguished road

I am also having difficulty filling my 30mg generic adderall prescription. My doctor wrote the prescription for 3 months, taken twice daily with a 180 quantity. I had been having it filled at Walgreens in the past with no problem and with the GoodRx coupon.

When I went to fill it at Walgreens they said they were having a hard time getting the 30mg and to check back with them. After following up 3 times I was told each time that they did not have the 30mg.

I finally found the generic available at Target but only for a month's supply. I had to bring my prescription back to my M.D. so he could write 3 prescriptions, each for a one month supply with 60 quantity. I no longer have health insurance and pay out of pocket.

I have used GoodRx coupons frequently from there website (this is a great website & lowers your costs significantly) with great success. When I took my newly written prescription to Target I was told "We don't accept those coupons for controlled substances.

I really need my prescription filled and am at a loss as to where it can be filled and if there is a shortage again. Any suggestions??
Old 07-28-14, 04:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,544 Times in 929 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

The whole prescription drug thing is a film-flam. i got FOUR count them FOUR prescriptions for different controlled substances, two Schedule II and two Schedule IV without even laying eyes on a single Medical Doctor, or even Nurse Practitioner. They just refilled the 'scripts and left them with the secretary or just on the couch in the waiting room! It's like the Razzle-Dazzle song from Chicago, it's just a circus.

edit:

Just to add, if I was caught on the street with all these drugs without a valid prescription (which i do have), I would get like 30 - 50 years in Sing Sing.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".

Last edited by namazu; 10-22-14 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: removed political comments
Old 10-22-14, 03:40 AM

daedelvis is on a distinguished road

Thanks to Peri and the Mods for creating this thread to help with the insanity of finding the meds you need where and when you need them.

That's after however many years of finding the right brand/dosage combo... after realizing yes different brands effect you differently and you're not insane and and some people like the effects of the stuff that really ****s you up....after finding a doctor that will work with you...after the diagnosis... after realizing you need support...after realizing it's just chemistry...after realizing you're not lazy, crazy, or stupid...after people keep telling you you're a frikkin genuis and wondering why your **** is always upside down...

Adderall 30mg Sandoz
Corepharma Survivor.
When Walgreens offers you Corepharma, just say NO.
The Following User Says Thank You to daedelvis For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-22-14)
Old 10-22-14, 03:46 AM

I'll host the SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA 30mg SANDOZ search party.

I've only found it erratically only at CVS or Costco with the exception of a 90% success rate at the CVS Palm Springs on Sunrise. Mark the RPh there is the only one that has ever admitted that people have different responses to different brands and has a standing order for SANDOZ from his distributor. Yes I drive to Palm Springs just to fill my Rx.

Adderall 30mg Sandoz
Corepharma Survivor.
Old 10-22-14, 03:51 AM

I've been in contact with the folks over at GoodRx and they are receptive to adding a field where people can enter the manufacturer of the generic they find as well as the price.

Maybe a rush of enthusiasm from a wave of folks in this forum might help...

Adderall 30mg Sandoz
Corepharma Survivor.
The Following User Says Thank You to daedelvis For This Useful Post:
Waitingame (08-21-15)