ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 12-01-17, 12:02 PM

Mark Rinze is on a distinguished road
My story

I'm Mark been battling with My inability to understand anything I read,and finish 1 task at a time, I lost everything home wife children and Myself at 39 , found my way into AA and been Sober ever since, . If anything My reality was no longer blurred with Alcohol, which made my awareness of the inability to concentrate , was diagnosed with Major depression and prescribed many varieties of medication , the last were EFEXOR , I was thinking of ending it regularly, Went to a shrink and he suggested I wean off as He suspected I wasn't depressive , doing that I was diagnosed ADD and prescribed DEX , I was anti amphetamine medication as I'm sober and have NO wish to return to where I've been,So now 68 doing it alone and really battling, An American Psychiatrist AA member told Me about a medication STRATERA that wasn't amphetamine base , Does anyone have any knowledge of this Medication. I joined up last night and now know I'm not alone , I live in North Thailand so it's really difficult trying to get any info here,. Mark
Old 12-01-17, 06:21 PM

allesandro1 will become famous soon enough
Re: My story

yes, I've taken Strattera, It's efficacy is contingent upon the subtype of ADD you have. The mechanism of action is that it increases norepinephrine in the prefrontal cortex of the brain. It may work, the only to know for sure is to try it; it doesn't have any addictive side effects
Old 12-02-17, 06:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,561 Times in 13,429 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rinze View Post
I'm Mark been battling with My inability to understand anything I read,and finish 1 task at a time, I lost everything home wife children and Myself at 39 , found my way into AA and been Sober ever since, . If anything My reality was no longer blurred with Alcohol, which made my awareness of the inability to concentrate , was diagnosed with Major depression and prescribed many varieties of medication , the last were EFEXOR , I was thinking of ending it regularly, Went to a shrink and he suggested I wean off as He suspected I wasn't depressive , doing that I was diagnosed ADD and prescribed DEX , I was anti amphetamine medication as I'm sober and have NO wish to return to where I've been,So now 68 doing it alone and really battling, An American Psychiatrist AA member told Me about a medication STRATERA that wasn't amphetamine base , Does anyone have any knowledge of this Medication. I joined up last night and now know I'm not alone , I live in North Thailand so it's really difficult trying to get any info here,. Mark
I am sober and in the rooms too. All through the literature it says we are not doctors... to thine ownself be true. I have taken adderall for over 13 years and I have been sober for nearly 5. I am a regular old alcoholic that had been and continues to be on adderall. I just had two surgeries on my hands in 6 weeks and I took pain killers. I took them as prescribed with my husband as my "backup" should there be any issues. Nobody wins an award in AA for suffering. No one gets a trophy for going through the most stuff medication free. I also am bipolar and take meds for that too. Some of the old timers would say general things to me about medication and I was always told "mind your own business, mind your own sobriety". AA members are not doctors. Its one of the reasons that people who might consider AA get scared off. Its people that preach a militant no meds philosophy that can scare away people and make them think its a cult. I try not to go all AA here or anywhere in my life but I am only doing s o here because you mentioned it.
I almost lost everything, December 12 is five years. It was actually someone's phone call from these very forums that got me to come clean and turn my life around.
All that said its still always between you and your higher power.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links