ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 12-06-17, 06:23 PM

karalo is on a distinguished road
Anyone taking very LOW DOSES Of DEXEDRINE IR WITH SUCCES ?

I was wondering - I have been struggeling with DEX Ir for a while now - I get a lot off bad side effects .I usualy take 5 or 10 mg every 3 hours - This seems just to much for me - Tense - feeling the DEX - overstimulated -Anxious - High Puls -

its working very well for focusing , and other adhd symptoms ..

I think maybe I have been overmedicated for at while now - startet 4 weeks ago ..

So I would be happy to here from you ??

Sorry for the spelling . I am from Denmark ..
Old 12-06-17, 07:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,928 Times in 5,753 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone taking very LOW DOSES Of DEXEDRINE IR WITH SUCCES ?

No, I would have no success with that.

60mg/day is what I require.

Cheers,
Ian
karalo (12-06-17)
Old 12-06-17, 07:52 PM

Hi Ian . Thanks for your reply . Well you are not among the sensitive to stimulants I can conclude . Can I ask you - when you started how slow did you tiltrate up ? Also how did you feel the medication? I mean being stimulated, anxious am so on ? Do you take other medications?

Thanks - bob
The Following User Says Thank You to karalo For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-17, 08:52 PM

Thanked 28,056 Times in 12,981 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember someone on here writing that 2.5mg a day was enough for them. More than that have them bad side effects.

I used to take 25mg a day.15 in the morning and then 5 and 5 in two hour intervals but I often skipped (or forgot to take) the last dose.
Old 12-06-17, 10:56 PM

Thanked 12,928 Times in 5,753 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by karalo View Post
Hi Ian . Thanks for your reply . Well you are not among the sensitive to stimulants I can conclude . Can I ask you - when you started how slow did you tiltrate up ? Also how did you feel the medication? I mean being stimulated, anxious am so on ? Do you take other medications?
I didnít really titrate...I started at 45mg and stayed there for a couple of years, then moved to 60mg because I wanted better and longer coverage at the end of the day.

Iíve never once felt anxious from dextroamphetamine sulfate...in fact, just the opposite. Dexedrine relaxes me, gives me a feeling of calm...and as tested by my doctor, it slightly slows my pulse and lowers my blood pressure. My guess is this is because I am not in a state of fog, confusion, and WTF?! from the chaos of my unmedicated brain. My brain goes still, quiet...and it only focuses on that which I direct it to.

I do take other medications, a few for Type 2 Diabetes, and I also take bupropion/Wellbutrin 300mg/day, mirtazapine/Remeron 30mg/day, and as needed, trazodone/Desyrel 25-50mg for sleep (canít remember the last time I even took this), and lorazepam/Ativan 0.5mg for severe anxiety...it works perfectly, but I have only taken it twice so far.

I get what you might call the typical side-effects from dextroamphetamine sulfate, but the degree to which they are a bother is minimal-to-nothing compared to the benefit Dexedrine gives me. It has absolutely changed my life in a way I could never have imagined beforehand. I mean, I didnít even know it was possible to experience the state of mind that I do when medicated.

I did take methylphenidate/Ritalin/Concerta and dexmethylphenidate/Focalin for some time before switching to Dexedrine. Ultimately, I stopped those medications because at a dosage that was efficacious for me, they produced a degree of anxiety I could not tolerate.

Cheers,
Ian
karalo (12-07-17)
Old 12-06-17, 11:01 PM

Thanked 19,704 Times in 10,506 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I take 10 mg three times a day.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-07-17)
Old 12-07-17, 07:48 AM

Ian -

The strange thing is when i take higher doses - like 30 - 40 mg with 3 - 4 hours apart , it also lowers my puls back or al least it gets normal - everything slows down - even my walking .. is this normal ? i was thinking it maybe was a sign of taking to much ?