ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-18, 02:38 PM

asalem is on a distinguished road
feeling so overwhelmed

I need help from anybody who has tips on how to manage ones time when there are a zillion things happening. Heres my situation. Currently being evicted living with my brother and his wife (who has life going for him). I just launched my own business detailing cars mobile or sometimes I work at my brothers garage. I have over a 1,000$ in cash and making a good flow of money each day, either by selling things or by detailing cars. I can make up to a 100$ on each car by 3 hours of work. I got no car payment as I am driving a 07 Chrysler van my dad paid off and he gave it to me. I am trying to get my life back on track and launching my own business is a good start but it's overwhelming. I am so busy that I don't know when I should schedule customers, when I should look for a apartment. I have been trying to look for a apartment but I have terrible credit and no job references. I know time is running out. Somedays I get so overwhelmed like today that I find myself driving all through town just doing nothing and going nowhere. In situations like this, I need to stop thinking about life and just relax but I always feels like people are watching me and will look down on if I fail, which I am now. But I can't fail anymore than this. And I feel like I am out husslin to survive. Life is hard now and I can't manage my time. I don't know what to do first. How should I manage my time?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asalem For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-04-18), peripatetic (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 02:48 PM

asalem is on a distinguished road
Re: feeling so overwhelmed

I am so overwhelmed now. No one is willing to accept me with my credit or they are asking for too much upfront. I can't afford to keep applying with all the application fees. I feel like if this was someone else, they would know how to get through this but I have been looking for over a month now and I can't find any apartment or they are too dirty. Even the dirty ones want some type of reference and i got none. my life is just always a mess. i am not made for this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asalem For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-04-18), stef (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 03:47 PM

Thanked 34,031 Times in 15,408 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

do you see a therapist or another mental health professional who could refer you for occupational therapy? i get having trouble organizing, prioritizing, keeping **** straight...i have weekly occupational therapy to manage my self care plus family life, so tackling what you describe sounds to me like you need some help creating structure and timeframes of execution.

if you don't have that support available to you, i would try the white board with post-its approach. make three columns, one is need urgently, one is need, one is completed. write up post-its for the places and people and things you need to see and where they are in the process, and move them along as you complete.

we had a member, who's still semi around, who used the kanban system. i found it super helpful. if you want a link, let me know and i might be able to track down that thread. it basically had you work in 45 minute blocks (if memory serves) and have specific items that could fit into those blocks so you knew what to focus on and for how long. i'm probably not explaining that well, so maybe i'll just message steve a link to this thread...

anyway, i see you and i would be overwhelmed, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
stef (10-04-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-18, 04:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,029 Times in 13,127 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

if you really must move out soon, could you find an inexpensive hotel or furnished room for a couple of weeks?
I don't like this credit rating mentality, i mean if you are starting over and getting things together, you need a place to live, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-04-18), Little Missy (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 06:08 PM

Thanked 3,937 Times in 2,026 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

I looked up airbnbs in your city with a shared room filter turned on. $25 per night if you can't find anything else. Pretty cheap if you can't find longer term rent. You might ask if they have discounts for longer stays too if you stay a month. You can stay there temporarily to build up more money to pay off your old landlord and build deposit money.

Is there someone with good credit that might cosign your rent agreement for you? Like parents or something?

When you call apartments, do you think you should warn them ahead of time that you have bad credit and ask if they'll still consider you. That way you dont have to waste your time visiting those that will disqualify you immediately? Not sure on this.

Landlords that rent out their own homes themselves as opposed to professional property management companies are more likely to give you a break so look especially for those types of properties though try others as well.

A lot of people live in their own vans by choice. You could do that for a while unless your area gets too cold. Some walmarts let you park on their properties though check online which allow it before you do it. Truck stops allow overnights in vans. Check your local laws to see of it's legal to sleep in your van before you do it. I don't know how safe (or cold) it is to do this so if you do, do it at your own discretion. Van dwelling is popular where I live . I might do it for travels myself someday though I'll stay at park campsites .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-04-18), stef (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 06:11 PM

Thanked 3,937 Times in 2,026 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

As far as time management goes, I'd set certain hours for work and then certain hours for apartment hunting.
Old 10-04-18, 06:29 PM

Thanked 6,114 Times in 2,794 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

Kanban is good stuff... It might be helpful to you... Maybe check it out..
kanbanflow.com

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax

Last edited by Greyhound1; 10-04-18 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Replaced commercial link with website name only.