ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > ADD Publications, Audio & Video Tapes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Publications, Audio & Video Tapes Discuss your favorite AD/HD related books & tapes.

Old 01-31-07, 01:13 AM

info is on a distinguished road
Book - ADD in Adults by Dr Gordon Serfontein

Hi there,

Have any of you guys read "ADD in Adults" by Dr Gordon Serfontein. He's an Australian Dr. (who aslo has ADD) I found his book to be quite good. It's not to complicated and he gives good suggestions on how you can improve on your abilities. It's a pretty simple book, but I like it. I purchased this book in 1996 so I'm sure he's got updated books by now, but I thought I would just share his info.

He's also written another book called "The Hidden Handicap". I've yet to read this one. Anyone read this one?

Cheers
Old 02-07-17, 03:37 AM

ADDLifeTerm is on a distinguished road
Re: Book - ADD in Adults by Dr Gordon Serfontein

Wow what a pity, this post was posted ten years ago almost to the day, but it's only just now that its getting it's first reply, that sucks! I was lucky enough to see the now late Dr Serfontein waaaay back in his early pioneering days, he changed my life back then, the right medication combined with counselling changed everything, if somehow, by some crazy bit of luck the OP is still about please reply to this so we can talk!
Old 10-29-18, 09:09 AM

JimMatters is on a distinguished road
Re: Book - ADD in Adults by Dr Gordon Serfontein

I was too one of Dr Serfontein’s early paients back in the early 90’s I’m now 40 and was researching the old Dr and came across your post to realize he has passed away.. have you had any luck with tracking down the OP?
Only recently have I been experiencing a level of concentration issues which definitely feel like ADD. I stopped taking medication when I was 14 so it’s been a very long time but when I was taking meds we saw significant improvements.
Always have nterested to hear from someone with similar experiences.
Sponsored Links