ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-18, 08:05 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,209 Times in 7,322 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Just found out Halloween is one of the world’s oldest holidays. Who knew that?

Quote:
Since much of the history of Halloween wasn't written down for centuries; some of it is still sketchy and subject to debate. But the most plausible theory is that Halloween originated in the British Isles out of the Pagan Celtic celebration of Samhain. It goes back as far as 5 B.C. It is celebrated today by more people in more countries than ever before.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-01-18), Little Missy (10-31-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 10-31-18, 10:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,989 Times in 12,127 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Just found out Halloween is one of the world’s oldest holidays. Who knew that?
*waves hand*

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-31-18), lisariver (11-01-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 12:32 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,244 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
*waves hand*
Well I mean...OBLIVIOUSLY you'd know that!

So, what was it like way back when it started Lun-Luns? Do you remember much?

I'M SORRY!
i'll smack myself so you don't has to!! lol

(((Luns)))

p.s.
I had no idea halloween was so old!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-18, 10:44 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Well I mean...OBLIVIOUSLY you'd know that!

So, what was it like way back when it started Lun-Luns? Do you remember much?

I'M SORRY!
i'll smack myself so you don't has to!! lol

(((Luns)))

p.s.
I had no idea halloween was so old!
Behave yourself, young lad!

I follow a religion that follows the Wheel of the Year. Halloween is based on the
holiday that was celebrated halfway between the Summer Solstice and the
Winter Solstice. In Celtic lands it was called Samhain (pronounced so-wen).

Livestock was brought down from summer pastures and most were slaughtered
for food to last through the long cold dark winter.

It was a "between time" when the boundary between the past and the present,
or between this world and the Otherworld could easily be crossed. The souls of
the departed could revisit their former homes and families, and a place was set
for them at the table.

But the fairies and other spirits could also come into our world. Costumes were
worn to confuse these unwanted spirits as people went door-to-door reciting
verses in return for a gift of food.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-01-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18), stef (11-01-18)
Old 11-02-18, 11:29 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cool lady I've been working with coming over to my apartment here in less than 2 hours. I think it'll be her 5th time being here...we've been working on cleaning my apartment.
We've made huge progress on my living room and kitchen...today I think I'm just going to have her sit and visit while I tackle the trash in my bedroom.
I'm not very good at self-motivation. /sigh...I wish I was haha...lord only knows how far I'd be in life...

I've also got a couple of phone calls i've been meaning to make for like 2 weeks now .
Think I'll try to make them while she's here too.

I don't "need" the help...it's not like there's anything physically stopping me from cleaning or making phone calls...but damn...i do struggle and I really kinda sorta do need the help.
And screw people like my old case manager who think low of me for using help as if I'm using the help so that I can be lazy or whatever. Like I'm going to become dependant on help and stop trying to do things on my own.
That's the attitude he's had with me. WTF kind of attitude is that? I guess there's people out there that would abuse this kind of help from others...but damn, it hurts my feeling that he treats me like this.
I really don't feel like I ask for much...and damn people for treating me badly because of the help I do need and ask for.
/end rant

It'll be nice to start working on my room today!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), Lunacie (11-02-18)
Old 11-02-18, 02:47 PM

omgosh...AWESOME!

I called my pharmacy and ordered in the meds I need, called and set up an appointment with my doctor and called to order in a new mask for my c-pap machine.

Then I just had the lady sit and we had an awesome conversation. I was able to vent about SO many things with her in a very lovely manner. She's so on my level of thinking in so many ways...very open, honest, frank...but also very sensitive, caring and polite.
She's just awesome...and she 'gets' me in so many ways so few do...it's damned nice to find professionals like her to work with (my pill lady is the same way and I love her too).

...meanwhile...while talking...
I tackled a huge mountain of trash in my room.
And holy damn guys!!!...
Mountain has been removed!
Filled lots of black trash bags, and I made sure to take them out while the lady was still here (or else they'd still be here the next time she came haha!).

I'm making such awesome progress on my apartment guys!
And it's so damn lovely cause it's been at such a nice managable pace. I'm so not overwhelmed with all the cleaning!

She'll be back again on Monday. I've still got quite a bit to do with my room...mainly just breaking down some cardboard boxes, and then eventually I have a bunch of boxes for of toys and stuff I want to go through and see what I want to save...then I'd like to get my room actually organized and looking cute.

I'm very pleased with myself today!
I'm sure as hell not lazy...it's just I have a damned hard time starting things, and sticking with them.
It was great to have someone here today for the motivation.
I really am quite grateful to have this lady in my life!! <3

(((Hugs)))

p.s.
lol I'm in such a good mood atm...and now I'm just waiting for the drop in my mood. Stupid bi-polar!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), Lunacie (11-03-18), midnightstar (11-02-18), namazu (11-03-18)
Old 11-02-18, 03:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

SO happy for you, psychopathetic. And that lady...not enough of those kind in the world! It occurred to me that even though I'm not much of a joiner/follower (in some ways I like peace and quiet and my own company) I do truly do better work when pairing with another/others! At least, as long as the others aren't judgemental, of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-02-18)
Old 11-03-18, 12:25 PM

psycho, I'm so glad you've found a way to get started and stick with cleaning
chores. Bless this lady for being helpful and not being judgmental.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-03-18)
Old 11-03-18, 08:15 PM

Thanked 11,265 Times in 5,503 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

whats up
Little Missy (11-03-18), psychopathetic (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 05:23 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,436 Times in 15,028 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
whats up
The sky, the sun, the stars...

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 12:03 PM

ASD granddaughter's IEP meeting was Monday. New guy there who explained
a new program, in it's 2nd year, to help these kids develop job skills and to
explore different kinds of jobs to find a good fit hopefully.

Sure lifted my spirits to think she may be able to get a real job instead of doing
busy work at REACH or TECH.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-18, 12:28 PM

BlimeyMooshroom is on a distinguished road

Sometimes when things get too serious, my mind does a "Cutaway Gag", usually starting out with a witty phrase like "Plot twist!" or "Oh you mean like..."

Examples:
Watching a documentary about a murder case, then thinking, "Plot Twist! It turns into a ghost story!"

Watching a documentary where a mother says that the crime is so bad in their neighborhood that their kids are like an endangered species and I think, "You means like pandas?". Starts thinking of that video of a baby panda sneezing and scaring its mother.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlimeyMooshroom For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 01:33 PM

That's great! I'm glad such a program is available to her!!

What does IEP stand for?

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 02:36 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,698 Times in 10,413 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
What does IEP stand for?
IEP = Individualized Education Program
It's a binding document laying out the services and accommodations for a child eligible for special education.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-07-18), psychopathetic (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 08:30 PM

Thanked 21,487 Times in 11,522 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyMooshroom View Post
Sometimes when things get too serious, my mind does a "Cutaway Gag", usually starting out with a witty phrase like "Plot twist!" or "Oh you mean like..."

Examples:
Watching a documentary about a murder case, then thinking, "Plot Twist! It turns into a ghost story!"

Watching a documentary where a mother says that the crime is so bad in their neighborhood that their kids are like an endangered species and I think, "You means like pandas?". Starts thinking of that video of a baby panda sneezing and scaring its mother.
oh yeah! And its even more fun if you have a friend who adds to the momentum!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post: