ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-18, 01:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,939 Times in 705 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
What Are Your New Year's Resolutions?

It's December 31st, so it's time to look to the next year. I am sure many of you already have, or perhaps you have some time now. I am curious to read what you want to happen in your life in 2019.

My goal is to continue on the path that I am on now, which I wrote down as a list, so here it goes:

- Continue to build my character. Be someone that others can rely on and that is fun to be around. In a genuine way.
- Start my own business. Do things that help me earn some money, but also really contribute something good to the world.
- Change jobs (work 32 hours here, 8-16 hours for my business)
- Save 10k
- Build a great relationship. Hopefully with the girl I am dating now, she is a lovely person and I don't want this to end, unless it turns out that we are not a good match or it is just not working for either one of us (or both), then I do want it to end, but so far I have no doubt in my mind.
- Continue to build more structure and peace in my life. It's been a long journey, I feel like the good life is starting now. I don't need to fight and struggle anymore, but I need to maintain this stability so that I can continue to grow from here. Concrete steps are to plan my days and weeks (realistically, without overplanning) and meditate regularly.
- In line with the previous goal: live healthily. Now that I have gotten to this point, I don't want my life to suddenly end or grow bad because of health problems (which I currently don't have). Like everyone, I want to live a long and healthy life, and that's in part dependent on the choices I make now.
- Enjoy doing sports on most days, especially climbing and triathlon.
- Ready every day. Even if it's just 5 pages.
- Love the people in my life.
- Learn new skills every day.
- Enjoy my home, spend more time here instead of the office or city center. Working, reading, relaxing.
- Capture my memories: write in a journal, and make more photographs.

That's it I think. Few of these goals are new, most I am doing now to some extent and I just want to do more of that. This is not a checklist, it's just a direction that I want to move in.

And what about you? What are your resolutions?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (12-31-18)
Old 12-31-18, 02:02 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: What Are Your New Year's Resolutions?

Got no plans
I will start bodybuilding/fitness on 5th january if u consider it as a resolution
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Jacksper (12-31-18)
Old 12-31-18, 02:04 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,487 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

My resolution or goal is the same each year. To be happy and worry less.

Learning how to let things go that are unimportant, out of my control and futile. Not allowing my mind to go down dark roads constantly is the key for me. I want to learn how to dream again about the future instead of always worrying about the now or the past. I want to believe again the glass of life is half full instead of always worrying it’s half empty.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (01-03-19), Jacksper (12-31-18), PoppnNSailinMan (01-04-19), stef (01-04-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-18, 03:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,048 Times in 2,091 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Since I achieved only 1 of the 4 things I said I would do in your other thread, my New Years resolution is to do the other 3 things and to do it before the end of January.

This includes:

1. Get on a dating app.
2. Finish my dad's flooring
3. Get my dad on a consistent brain stimulating and exercise routine.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Jacksper (12-31-18)
Old 12-31-18, 03:43 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,023 Times in 13,602 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

1) save a bit of money
2) get a second job if I can find one that I can fit round my current job
3) stop self destructive behavour and never go back to it
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Jacksper (12-31-18), PoppnNSailinMan (01-04-19), stef (01-04-19)
Old 12-31-18, 04:09 PM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

1-100 get a job
The Following User Says Thank You to Alphawave For This Useful Post:
Jacksper (12-31-18)
Old 01-03-19, 04:53 PM
mod of many colors

Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,580 Posts
pooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond repute

write more, read more, spend more time with friends and less time on my phone, be more consistent with yoga, learn some new recipes, join a book club, keep in touch with people I love who are far away, become more familiar with my city, start a morning routine, try to learn Spanish

I am good at making resolutions and not so good on the follow through
Old 01-03-19, 05:21 PM

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about

1: time managment, calanders, orginizers, alarms on my phone
2: spend way more time with friends and loved ones.
3: not to be so full of myself, to be humble and let things go(is that a resolution? heh)
4: finish this semester of college to go to university
5: get a job, thinking a good part time and some guitar lessons and selling stuff on ebay on the side
6: hopefully a relationship relationship
7: get in shape(already started on this one)
8: study study study!
9: record music more.
10hotography
Old 01-04-19, 02:24 AM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I'm rarely able to stick to them for very long.

But one thing I would like to do this year is to start going to bed at a reasonable hour each night. I often stay up until 1:00 AM or sometimes even until 2:00 or 2:30 AM. It annoys my partner to get woken up when I come to bed so late and I'm probably not getting enough sleep, either. I really do need to develop better sleep habits than what I've got.

I don't have a problem falling asleep when I go to bed, but I often find it difficult to stop what I'm doing each night and leaving it until the next day when I'm hyperfocused on something interesting to me. I usually don't even realize that it has gotten to be so late because I'm not very aware of the passage of time.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-04-19)
Old 01-04-19, 11:02 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,487 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppnNSailinMan View Post
I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I'm rarely able to stick to them for very long.

But one thing I would like to do this year is to start going to bed at a reasonable hour each night. I often stay up until 1:00 AM or sometimes even until 2:00 or 2:30 AM. It annoys my partner to get woken up when I come to bed so late and I'm probably not getting enough sleep, either. I really do need to develop better sleep habits than what I've got.

I don't have a problem falling asleep when I go to bed, but I often find it difficult to stop what I'm doing each night and leaving it until the next day when I'm hyperfocused on something interesting to me. I usually don't even realize that it has gotten to be so late because I'm not very aware of the passage of time.
I need to add that to my list as well. My wife got one of those sleep noise machines, whatever they’re called. That’s been great for her. You may want to consider one if your resolution doesn’t stick.

She goes to bed at 7:00 pm and has to be up at 2:00 am for work. Many times I say good morning and she says goodnight to me as we pass like ships in the night or morning depending on your schedule. She never hears me come to bed now, when I can make it there before her alarm goes off.

This is a fairly new schedule for her and the background noise has been essential for getting sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (01-05-19)
Old 01-05-19, 12:46 AM

one thing about sticking to resolutions is how whatever new behavior (or old behavior, getting in shape again) is recollecting the feelings of when one was good at the particular behavior or how one thinks they will feel.

I remember loving getting up in the morning, I felt great starting the day with the morning sun, when I don't, well, I wish I had (don't really get down on myself anymore). I remember feeling fantastic being in shape, now... bleh

our feelings are really what shape behavior, or at-least one of the main facets. even after a hard workout, after the burn I feel preaty great.
Old 01-05-19, 01:51 AM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions, but I guess I would like to survive to the end of the year. And I'd like to not have any major medical problems this year since DH and my five cats really depend on me taking care of them.
Old 01-09-19, 04:42 PM

another new years resolution is to stp smoking.

going o the docs right now to get on some chantex