ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What are you licences for?
Manual 4 30.77%
Automatic 4 30.77%
Both Auto and Manual 4 30.77%
Unable to drive due to medical 1 7.69%
Yet to obtain a license 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-19, 09:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,441 Times in 14,021 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manual or Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I've read a lot of British cozies but having a driver's license specify manual or
automatic is a new one for me.

I learned to drive a standard / manual shift when I was a teen, and I guess it's
like riding a bike, it may take a moment to "pull up the file" but then it's no
problem to handle a stick shift.

But ... with the bad knee it became too painful to use the clutch to change gears
so it's been a decade, I'll bet, since I last drove a manual.
What are cozies? Most people learn to drive on a manual car so the standard licence allows you to drive both. However if you've learnt on an automatic then the licence i think specifies that you can only drive automatic cars. Automatic cars are becoming more popular now though so it's not a huge problem though previously you were quite limited in your choice of cars if you only drive automatics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
tudorose (01-02-19)
Old 01-01-19, 10:54 PM

Thanked 26,215 Times in 12,238 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
What are cozies? Most people learn to drive on a manual car so the standard licence allows you to drive both. However if you've learnt on an automatic then the licence i think specifies that you can only drive automatic cars. Automatic cars are becoming more popular now though so it's not a huge problem though previously you were quite limited in your choice of cars if you only drive automatics.
Cozies are mystery books, with a woman as an amateur sleuth, generally living
in a small village. "Gentle" books, no graphic violence, profanity, or explicit sex.
Fast paced, twists and turns, lots of puzzle solving. Or ... brains over brawn.
I've learned a lot about the UK from reading English authors.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-02-19, 01:41 AM

Thanked 5,207 Times in 2,263 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Most people learn to drive on a manual car so the standard licence allows you to drive both. However if you've learnt on an automatic then the licence i think specifies that you can only drive automatic cars. Automatic cars are becoming more popular now though so it's not a huge problem though previously you were quite limited in your choice of cars if you only drive automatics.
Same in Australia. But with the new logbook system most kids can only get experience in an auto (coz that's what their parents have) which is a shame.

I can't understand auto 4wds. Where is the fun in that!
Rebelyell (01-04-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-19, 01:03 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

Manual all the way. No special license needed in the states, but I learned on a 5 speed and given the choice I'll always pick the manual.
Rebelyell (01-04-19), tudorose (01-04-19)
Old 01-11-19, 05:32 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 5,953 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Pop the clutch n let it rip tater chip