ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-04, 03:04 AM

My Life ADDs Up will become famous soon enough
Smile Strattera at 2 1/2 mo.s

Today I tried taking 120mg instead of my 80 mg. I did this because my doctor by phone said that is what we would likely do before I was switched to stimulants. Anyway with strattera in my system and knowing how quickly a missed or late dose affected me I decided to try 120 while off. Then I got called in. hehe... It really had me feeling strange at first, but now tonight for the first time I am focused and calm at home. I am optimistic that maybe this stuff can work after all. I have a high metabolism too, so that probably explains the need for a higher dose.

My wife is going to call my doc tomorrow to see if he will approve me going to 120mg per day from now til my visit. I was disgusted with myself for choosing to go the Strattera route over Ritalin because of almost no noticeable improvement in two months. Now that I see a positive, I am very happy to know that maybe I can avoid the hassle of a controlled substance after all.

For me, Strattera feels like a stimulant right now. It actually makes me tired for periods in the day, but now that it's working it seems like a stimulant. This is probably because of the focus which I've only known from a guy at work giving me a ritalin years ago and also meddling with speed years ago. Ironically I think those were what led me to first consider that I might have ADD. I just never followed up on it then.

I guess I don't have a point. Maybe I'm just posting so I can be scolded for playing with my dosage. I guess I also wanted to give a possible positive note for Strattera. I can't believe I'm this excited and still sitting still.

James
The Following User Says Thank You to My Life ADDs Up For This Useful Post:
telelou (04-24-12)