ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 10-03-11, 06:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,494 Posts
julesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant future
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

You will be wonderful Anon ,i have every faith in you ,trust yourself you have come this far.
anonymouslyadd (10-03-11)
Old 10-03-11, 06:52 PM

Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Anon, here's how I would look at it: If he is willing to hire you on a part time basis and temporarily work around your school schedule, go for it, if you really want this job. Everything will work out. If he wants you to work for him and you want to work for him, school, the paper and the other things will all work out one way or another.

It's always good to have a plan in place with regards to managing your schedule and previous commitments. Just don't over-think it too much just yet. Talk to him tomorrow and go over your current work/school situation. You'll be able to figure things out better after your interview and after your event.

Peri's right, also. Stick with the 10:00 time. The interview probably won't last too long. You'll still be able to get to the event and not miss anything too terribly important.

You are going to be GREAT tomorrow!!

Remember, you are where you are supposed to be right now.

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), anonymouslyadd (10-03-11)
Old 10-03-11, 07:09 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Don't rush it BR. I'm meeting him on Wednesday.

~Paulo Coelho
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-11, 08:04 PM

BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man!!!! I keep thinking today is Tuesday

Still, you are going to be great!

"no talk
no, talk
~Abi
The Following User Says Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-11, 09:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

soccerboy has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
I wouldn't feel comfortable lying. I'm far from married. I don't remember being given a date. I don't know.

I could just say. I need some time to think about this.
Just say you need to talk to your partner.. Your partner can be a cat or fish! Never said it had to talk back
The Following User Says Thank You to soccerboy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-11, 12:26 AM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

The interview is soon enough. I'm gonna knock it out of the park.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), namazu (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 12:29 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,471 Times in 10,835 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be great, Anony!

Don't forget to bring a list of questions to ask -- you can keep it in your pocket, but you'll have it in case you get the dreaded, "Anything else?" question and your mind goes blank...
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 01:41 PM
Moderator of all seasons

I got the job and everything I wanted. I can't describe the feeling of comfort and confidence I had after the interview. I feel very comfortable with the idea of working with this agency. I want to scream with joy and dance on the top of a mountain. More details to come.

Note to my Forum friends:

For those who have been behind me, whom I'm so grateful to know, I send to you a sincere thank you.

With much love,

Anon

~Paulo Coelho

Last edited by anonymouslyadd; 10-05-11 at 02:01 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), namazu (10-05-11), NorCalAndy8 (10-06-11), peripatetic (10-05-11), Unmanagable (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 02:09 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,471 Times in 10,835 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

This calls for a celebration! Strike up the band!

[dances a jig, then trips over two left feet]

[pops cork on champagne -- whoops, sorry 'bout your eye!]

[sings "Happy Workday To You"]

[raises a chocolate malted (made with the tummy-friendly liquid of your choice)]

Here's a toast to your new job, to great opportunities and fresh starts, to believing in yourself, and to knowing you have friends supporting your efforts!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-05-11), peripatetic (10-05-11), Unmanagable (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 03:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

soccerboy has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerboy has a spectacular aura about

Congrats! What's the time commitment for this job?
The Following User Says Thank You to soccerboy For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-09-11)
Old 10-05-11, 04:27 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerboy View Post
Congrats! What's the time commitment for this job?
Part-time. He said I can work about 18 hours per week.

~Paulo Coelho
NorCalAndy8 (10-06-11), Unmanagable (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 10:21 PM

FANTASTICK, Anon!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

"no talk
no, talk
~Abi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-05-11), Unmanagable (10-05-11)
Old 10-05-11, 10:52 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

lmao @ the first two lines of namazu's celebration post.......make my malt a double, please!!

Anon - this is the best news I've heard all day!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGE CELEBRATION HUGS!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-05-11), namazu (10-06-11)
Old 10-05-11, 11:10 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
lmao @ the first two lines of namazu's celebration post.......make my malt a double, please!!
Yes and how about that banana dancing guy in BR's post? Christmas came early for me.

~Paulo Coelho
namazu (10-06-11), Unmanagable (10-05-11)
Old 10-06-11, 08:19 AM

Thanked 26,979 Times in 12,584 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Early Christmas, Anon!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-06-11)