ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 12-02-04, 03:53 AM

My Life ADDs Up will become famous soon enough
You're Welcome

I'm glad this thread is beneficial. Unfortunately, I am not as optimistic as I was when I started it. Basically, I have found my results are not very consistent. This may not be just the medication though, as my job is neither ADD friendly, nor Non-ADD friendly considering my workload and constant distractions. So at work, I'm just as lost most of the time as ever. Also Strattera is known to cause paranoia in some, and it is very possible it has increased my anxiety level. Of course it's not possible to be anxious about something and focus on it at the same time. My mind spends as much effort in self-doubt and panick as it does on getting the task done.
At home, I am just plain hit and miss. This might be due to the difficulty in motivating that some have reported while using Strattera. In my mind I am used to not only not being able to motivate, but not being able to focus once I force myself into something. In the end, I'm not satisfied with my changes at home. My wife, who is probably a better judge of my results than I, also believes that my improvement is hit and miss.
I have an appointment to see my doc next Tues. I plan to try other medications. Maybe it's just Strattera taking effect too gradually for me to notice the improvements. I figure if stimulants don't work, then I will just look even harder for a way to structure my life around my ADD and go med free.

James
Old 12-02-04, 02:55 PM
Forum ADDvocate

DaveHawk has disabled reputation
It was just about 1 year when the Doc decided to lower my dose. I think as time goes on and your body becomes accustom to the Starrttera you will be able to lower your dose. You will begin to see life in a new perspective. Make discusions calmer and settle back and revew your thoughts and actions befor taking action. I was an imposs person and made many wqrong moves because I couldn't rationalize what I was doing. I argue less and now think more. I wish I caould spell.
Old 12-09-04, 06:06 PM
Contributor

emwell is on a distinguished road
I spoke with my doctor about not noticing any effects from the dose I am on. She stated that Strattera takes longer to work than the adderal I was on. I will give it a bit longer and maybe go up to 100mg if she thinks it would help.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-12, 03:53 PM

telelou is on a distinguished road
Re: Strattera at 2 1/2 mo.s

Hi I don't know if you will get this, but I was looking for Strattera posts and comments and I found yours. It was encouraging. I had to switch to Strattera because the Ritalin started giving me terrible headaches. I hope the Strattera is still working for you. I took my first dose today.