ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 05-31-12, 11:37 AM
ADDvanced Member

chiank is on a distinguished road
Talking Tomorrow is my Interview and ....

I have great feeling that i am going to suck at it. Problem is that i don't lie (Very honest guy) and i can't say truth. Now solution is to memorize the lie and speak the same memorize lie to interviewer. There are very good books on interview which teach us how to lie . But for that i have to memorize. But problem is that i can't memorize .. even if i am memorize "n" number of question how i can recall it? With my experience with memorization and recall i strongly vote that i will not able to recall the answer. I can't recall in exact order . I stammer very much while remembering. and while interviewing we have to avoid all such things. So i am in dilemma ..what to do ? Any Last moment tips ...

My Medicines (I am from India, so names of medicines indian)

AXEPTA 18 (ATOMOXETINO HYDROCLORIDE)

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

RIZPLUS (RISPERIDONE AND TRIHEXYPHENIDYL HYDROCLORIDE ORODISPERSIBLE)
The Following User Says Thank You to chiank For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 02:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tomorrow is my Interview and ....

Why do you need to lie? Can you give a bit more information about your situation?

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
The Following User Says Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 02:23 PM

Thanked 21,937 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

You can memorize, you will memorize and you will kick ***! Go get em!

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-31-12), chiank (05-31-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-12, 02:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
Why do you need to lie? Can you give a bit more information about your situation?
Well ...i can't go and say i have lot of attention problem ...i don't work in groups .....i have problem with social anxiety so don't expect me to mix up well with other employees ...i can't say that i have ADHD and depression problem ....probably i could also have problem of learning disability ..... Well lets there are lot of things in me that if i say wouldn't get me a job.... Also in past job experience i have problem with working with seniors ...i don't like people bossing me around...

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

BR549 (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 02:44 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiank View Post
Well ...i can't go and say i have lot of attention problem ...i don't work in groups .....i have problem with social anxiety so don't expect me to mix up well with other employees ...i can't say that i have ADHD and depression problem ....probably i could also have problem of learning disability ..... Well lets there are lot of things in me that if i say wouldn't get me a job.... Also in past job experience i have problem with working with seniors ...i don't like people bossing me around...
Yes, there are many things you don't want to say at this interview. That doesn't mean you have to lie. You might need to think of a creative way to explain some things about you. For instance, instead of telling them that you're really hyper due to ADHD, you could just say, "I'm kind of a restless guy."

You may be asked one of your weaknesses and for that I've supplied the link where we discussed the topic here.

I would send a quick email to the person interviewing you today. You could say something like being excited for the interview and discussing how you might contribute to the company.

Edit:

Check out my job tips thread here.

~Paulo Coelho

Last edited by anonymouslyadd; 05-31-12 at 02:56 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-31-12), chiank (05-31-12), Fuzzy12 (05-31-12), stef (06-01-12)
Old 05-31-12, 02:53 PM

BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AHHHHH!!!! Gotcha!

I understand this part. Unless outright asked, you don't have to volunteer any information. You can always say that it takes you a while to warm up to new people, because you are shy. You don't have to say you have social anxiety. That way, perhaps you won't be thrown immediately into social situations or group work situations. They might be more inclined to ease you into certain areas or situations. You can respond in ways like that.

Practice what you are going to say---answering in a creative way might be best.

Bean is right---you can memorize! Anon does have some great tips too.

You will go in there and nail this interview!!

"no talk
no, talk
~Abi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (05-31-12), chiank (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 03:55 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have great feeling that i am going to suck at it. Problem is that i don't lie (Very honest guy) and i can't say truth. Now solution is to memorize the lie and speak the same memorize lie to interviewer. There are very good books on interview which teach us how to lie . But for that i have to memorize. But problem is that i can't memorize .. even if i am memorize "n" number of question how i can recall it? With my experience with memorization and recall i strongly vote that i will not able to recall the answer. I can't recall in exact order . I stammer very much while remembering. and while interviewing we have to avoid all such things. So i am in dilemma ..what to do ? Any Last moment tips ...
All the best for the interview!!!!
I wouldn't consider not talking about your ADHD a lie. You don't have to disclose that information and I really wouldn't recommend it.

Like Anon said, if the topic comes up (of the symptoms, not ADHD) maybe find other ways of putting it. For example, instead of saying that you are hyper active you could say that you are very active (which is positive) and are constantly looking for challenges.

Also, you don't have to memorize everything. I think, it's perfectly ok to take some notes with you into the interview. You are not being tested on memory. In fact it might impress them if you have a set of neatly written notes because it shows that:

1. You prepared for the interview
2. You are organised

Fingers crossed!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-31-12), chiank (05-31-12), Unmanagable (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 06:04 PM

deeinsun is on a distinguished road

Prepare, be calm, avoid too much coffee & remember you want this job so you have nothing to loose & everything to gain!! Be lucky

Last edited by deeinsun; 05-31-12 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deeinsun For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-31-12), chiank (05-31-12)
Old 05-31-12, 11:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

All of You, Thanks a lot!! I will remember this tips!!

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

Old 06-01-12, 02:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

Well ...went for the interview today ...it didn't went well ..i was not selected ......
The interview method was very stupid ...due to save time they took nearly 10 candidates at once for interview ...they place us in the conference room and asked each one interview questions .... it was stupid ...how can we reveal our strengths and other interview question before all of the people ...what about out privacy?
i tried to answer little bit ..but i have problem with social anxiety and the idea to open up myself before other 10 people felt like a very bad idea ...

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiank For This Useful Post:
BR549 (06-01-12), ginniebean (06-01-12)
Old 06-01-12, 02:44 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well ...went for the interview today ...it didn't went well ..i was not selected ......
The interview method was very stupid ...due to save time they took nearly 10 candidates at once for interview ...they place us in the conference room and asked each one interview questions .... it was stupid ...how can we reveal our strengths and other interview question before all of the people ...what about out privacy?
i tried to answer little bit ..but i have problem with social anxiety and the idea to open up myself before other 10 people felt like a very bad idea ...
I'm sorry.

I've never heard of an interview with that many people. I probably would have been a little spooked.

I know what social anxiety is like. Have you considered joining a public speaking group? Toastmasters International has really helped me with my confidence when I'm speaking to people. It hasn't cured my social anxiety, I don't think, but it's helped me push through those anxious moments.

Hang in there.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
BR549 (06-01-12), chiank (06-01-12)
Old 06-01-12, 09:31 PM

Quote:
WOW! I've not heard of conducting an interview that way either. I definitely would not have been able to project best self in that situation.

I know that you are probably disappointed/upset. Understandably, too. However, I have to believe that if they conduct interviews en masse, they probably aren't the best company to work for. You might have been subject to anxiety a lot working there.

I hope that you find the perfect job for you soon

"no talk
no, talk
~Abi
The Following User Says Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
chiank (06-01-12)
Old 06-01-12, 11:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
I'm sorry.

I've never heard of an interview with that many people. I probably would have been a little spooked.

I know what social anxiety is like. Have you considered joining a public speaking group? Toastmasters International has really helped me with my confidence when I'm speaking to people. It hasn't cured my social anxiety, I don't think, but it's helped me push through those anxious moments.

Hang in there.

Ya I am considering to join toastmasters. At what level right now ? How long you have been in toastmasters?

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

Old 06-01-12, 11:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
WOW! I've not heard of conducting an interview that way either. I definitely would not have been able to project best self in that situation.

I know that you are probably disappointed/upset. Understandably, too. However, I have to believe that if they conduct interviews en masse, they probably aren't the best company to work for. You might have been subject to anxiety a lot working there.

I hope that you find the perfect job for you soon
Thanks a lot!! I hope too that i will find a good job!!

FLUNIL 60 (FLUXOETINE)

BR549 (06-01-12)