ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 06-20-12, 08:07 AM

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,485 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute
I lost the unemployment battle :(

Formerly Carley... For those who know, I had an over the phone hearing with unemployment and found out I lost last Monday... I've been fighting with them and my former employer for 3 months...not gonna get into it, but thank you all for your support in this matter.
I took it hard, cried, was depressed and sad. My boyfriend was so supportive it was unbelieveable. I've only had a $200 a month income from child support the last 3 months.

My boyfriend's grandma also died the same day. Needless to say, we've had a rough week.

"Oh Happy Day"
-Tmoney-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raye For This Useful Post:
BR549 (06-20-12), Retromancer (06-21-12), spunkysmum (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 08:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I lost the unemployment battle :(

I'm so so sorry for this! Is there any chance of an appeal or is it a done deal?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 09:21 AM
Forum ADDvocate

PookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to all

I'm sorry * HUGS*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PookDo For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-20-12), spunkysmum (06-20-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-12, 11:32 AM
Forum Guru

mad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to behold

I know exactly what you are going through. I had to fight my former employer for unemployment. *hugs* You're in my thoughts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mad83 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-12, 11:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so very sorry (((HUGS)))

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-12, 11:40 AM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,308 Times in 582 Posts
crystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud of

So sorry hugs!

Down a hole, up a rope
Down some pills, up some hope
This karma machine only takes quarters
New age soldier, new age soldier - Matthew Good -Canadian Musician With Bipolar Disorder

Cyclothymia & ADHD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal8080 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-12, 11:42 AM

Buffie1313 is on a distinguished road

[quote=Raye;1321613]Formerly Carley... For those who know, I had an over the phone hearing with unemployment and found out I lost last Monday... I've been fighting with them and my former employer for 3 months...not gonna get into it, but thank you all for your support in this matter.

I went through that with unemployement back in 2001. I ended up having to pay back what they had giving me. Lucky me they never sent a bill showing how much to pay each month. Just one wanting payment...So I gave them $5.00 a month for 10 years. Now they stopped giving me the bill probably because their time to collect is past due. Last June I started being a stay at home mom and have not sent them anything. I have not heard anything either...So if you have to send unemployement money do as small as you can. I am in VA. Don't know how it works where u are but probably the same.
Old 06-20-12, 11:58 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Sympathies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-12, 12:15 PM

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

((hug))
The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 01:00 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to silivrentoliel For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 01:02 PM

Thanked 2,812 Times in 1,493 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this. :-(

Nothing more frustrating than when justice is not served.
Raye (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 07:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Massari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
Formerly Carley... For those who know, I had an over the phone hearing with unemployment and found out I lost last Monday... I've been fighting with them and my former employer for 3 months...not gonna get into it, but thank you all for your support in this matter.
I took it hard, cried, was depressed and sad. My boyfriend was so supportive it was unbelieveable. I've only had a $200 a month income from child support the last 3 months.

My boyfriend's grandma also died the same day. Needless to say, we've had a rough week.
What child support?
Old 06-21-12, 01:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

Anna3000 has a spectacular aura aboutAnna3000 has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sorry to hear this! So, is this it - I mean - are their options for you to appeal their decision? This was for unemployment, correct? What about disability - I remember mentioning something about that before but I don't recall if that's an option for you. Things will work out - it will just take a plan and some support. We can help you with those things!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Anna3000 For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-21-12)
Old 06-21-12, 02:57 AM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,157 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

The worst part of these things is the waiting and the distraction. Now you know where you stand. I wish you strength for your fight,
-- Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Retromancer For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-21-12)
Old 06-21-12, 08:00 AM

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,485 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute

Massiri-

I get child support for my oldest daughter, that has been my only income for the last 3 months since losing my job.

And yes I can appeal... strange as it sounds, and as much as I've b****** about it, I'm not going to.

I applied, it got denied. I appealed. It got denied. Had a phone hearing, it got denied... I fought the war 3 times and lost. I just don't have it in me anymore.

I'm going to just keep applying for work. I can work when I'm medicated ( so my old pdoc says) but honestly I'm not sure I can. I don't know if it's just the other issues we are facing that has my mind all messed up ( meaning I'm going to screw up at another job if I get one, thinking about all these problems at work) or if I truly just cant work.

I see the new psyche on Monday... I'm hoping to add a stimulant to help me focus and hope he allows me to continue the non stimulant med I'm on for ADD.

This company did me wrong and they got away with it. To all of you who have supported me during this,

"Oh Happy Day"
-Tmoney-