ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 11-21-17, 10:31 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,253 Times in 527 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
Re: Are men not allowed to think about sex anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Well I tell you what. If you like, you can PM me the site you're on and i'll sign up and do the same thing. At the very least we can laugh at each others misery.
Seriously? I don't think you would really do it! What would you put? It is making me laugh just thinking about putting that in my profile, though. I'm kind of tempted to see what responses I get. But it's not like anyone reads the profiles anyways!

I think I shared the site on here before, but now I'm wondering if that wasn't a good idea? Could some lurker find me on there? I'm so nave.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 10:35 PM

Thanked 34,235 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Semi as a moderator here, I'm just popping in to suggest you name the sites you're on in your profile message or a private message to each other. Don't post it on the open forum or your usernames. As long as you don't link it it doesn't violate social media guidelines, but I want you both to be careful. A ****load of people read these forums but only members can see profiles and only you two could see a private message between you. Protect yourselves please xx
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17), Fuzzy12 (11-22-17), Stevuke79 (11-21-17), WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 10:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,508 Times in 3,101 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Please report back. I'd love to hear the results.
I've already got the stamp at the ready.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-21-17), WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-17, 10:40 PM

Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Seriously? I don't think you would really do it! What would you put? It is making me laugh just thinking about putting that in my profile, though. I'm kind of tempted to see what responses I get. But it's not like anyone reads the profiles anyways!

I think I shared the site on here before, but now I'm wondering if that wasn't a good idea? Could some lurker find me on there? I'm so nave.
Yep, i'm 100% genuinely serious.

I would just put exactly what comes to mind. I'll lay out all my flaws and imperfections. I'll even put up awful looking unaltered pictures of myself for anybody to see, including yourself.

Well I promise to totally read it if you make if accessible to me.

A lurker will only find out if you post the site publicly on here. But it would be strictly confidential if you PM me and I won't share the knowledge of the site with anybody else under any circumstance.

I'll even PM you the link to my own profile once i've completed it before you decide to reveal your own to me.
peripatetic (11-21-17), WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 10:53 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yep, i'm 100% genuinely serious.

I would just put exactly what comes to mind. I'll lay out all my flaws and imperfections. I'll even put up awful looking unaltered pictures of myself for anybody to see, including yourself.

Well I promise to totally read it if you make if accessible to me.

A lurker will only find out if you post the site publicly on here. But it would be strictly confidential if you PM me and I won't share the knowledge of the site with anybody else under any circumstance.

I'll even PM you the link to my own profile once i've completed it before you decide to reveal your own to me.
You still didn't double dog dare me, though. How about this, I double dog dare you to do it first and PM me the link, and then I'll do mine. You can trust me, really! Unflattering photos might take a triple dog dare. Although, I don't think I have any. Any and all unflattering photos get sent straight to hell, where they belong.
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 10:59 PM

Quote:
You still didn't double dog dare me, though. How about this, I double dog dare you to do it first and PM me the link, and then I'll do mine. You can trust me, really! Unflattering photos might take a triple dog dare. Although, I don't think I have any. Any and all unflattering photos get sent straight to hell, where they belong.
You can triple dog dare me if you want. I've just taken a few "gems" which will help my profile to "stand out".

I will do it first. But all you need to do is PM the website name and i'll link you directly to my profile when it's complete.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:10 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
You can triple dog dare me if you want. I've just taken a few "gems" which will help my profile to "stand out".

I will do it first. But all you need to do is PM the website name and i'll link you directly to my profile when it's complete.
I could take some bad photos, but I'm afraid it might break my camera. Like, how bad are we talking here? This is cracking me up, but I do think it might be even funnier if we had our best photos on there and people were like, "Oh, yeah" and then they start reading and their expression turns to and then Might not even get any views with our unflattering photos. Or maybe I'm just trying to make excuses not to put an unflattering photo on there.
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I could take some bad photos, but I'm afraid it might break my camera. Like, how bad are we talking here? This is cracking me up, but I do think it might be even funnier if we had our best photos on there and people were like, "Oh, yeah" and then they start reading and their expression turns to and then Might not even get any views with our unflattering photos. Or maybe I'm just trying to make excuses not to put an unflattering photo on there.
Well you don't have to. But perhaps after seeing my profile you'll think "who really cares what anybody thinks". The way I see it, it's better for people to see you at your worst online. At least then, they won't be disappointed if they do decide to meet you. And who knows... they may actually like you for having a sense of humour and the confidence to go against the grain.
Fuzzy12 (11-22-17), WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:18 PM

Oh.... and my main profile picture will make me look totally psychotic, just so you know.

I also have pictures of my "lovely clean" house which I would like to share with everyone.
WhiteOwl (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:53 PM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh.... and my main profile picture will make me look totally psychotic, just so you know.

I also have pictures of my "lovely clean" house which I would like to share with everyone.
as someone with a diagnosed psychotic disorder who endures psyhosis (which is a ******* nightmare, by the way, in case anyone was unsure...i suffer it mightily)...please don't call yourself psychotic when you mean something else. and if you do mean to compare those of us who've had psychotic breaks with some horrid thing...you should know that it's hurtful. and i'm just letting you know.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), Fraser_0762 (11-22-17), Lunacie (11-23-17), OyVeyKitty (11-22-17), Stevuke79 (11-22-17), WhiteOwl (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
as someone with a diagnosed psychotic disorder who endures psyhosis (which is a ******* nightmare, by the way, in case anyone was unsure...i suffer it mightily)...please don't call yourself psychotic when you mean something else. and if you do mean to compare those of us who've had psychotic breaks with some horrid thing...you should know that it's hurtful. and i'm just letting you know.
My apologies Peri. It was a poor choice of wording on my part and I will edit it as not to cause further offense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), peripatetic (11-22-17), WhiteOwl (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 12:12 AM

I can't seem to edit or delete the post, so please feel free to do so.
peripatetic (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 01:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuke79 View Post
It's true for any relationship. A job. Business. Buying a house or a car... Even friendships and especially dating.

Every relationship involves an exchange... And we all want to make sure we are getting the most value for what we offer. We know what we're offering and we want to find out what they are offering.
But what if you offer no value?

Not to be terse coming out of nowhere, but have you considered there are men (and women) around who truly lack functional (adaptive) ability?

So what happened here is I lack the ability to acquire anything of conventional value. If I had to fill out a profile on some crappy online dating site, I would have nothing to put (no higher education, no "decent job"... nothing) and therefore just put a blank line there hoping someone doesn't care that I omitted the "hey, look at what I can do" crap.

I tried that, and you can guess how that worked out. There was almost no interest and the reason is probably simple... with the uneven ratio of genders and the fact that women get too many messages, they only bother to even reply to guys who show-off some "amazing profile."

Hopefully your answer is not "then become amazing" not saying you would imply such a thing, but I've been given this answer before. I'm not capable of even getting close to functioning like a normal adult. I don't know how else to say it, I've had some folks "not believe me" or think I'm much higher functioning than I claim, well I can't offer agreeance on that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batman55 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), Fraser_0762 (11-22-17), WhiteOwl (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 01:36 AM

i appreciate you so much, fraser.xx
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman55 View Post
But what if you offer no value?

Not to be terse coming out of nowhere, but have you considered there are men (and women) around who truly lack functional (adaptive) ability?

So what happened here is I lack the ability to acquire anything of conventional value. If I had to fill out a profile on some crappy online dating site, I would have nothing to put (no higher education, no "decent job"... nothing) and therefore just put a blank line there hoping someone doesn't care that I omitted the "hey, look at what I can do" crap.

I tried that, and you can guess how that worked out. There was almost no interest and the reason is probably simple... with the uneven ratio of genders and the fact that women get too many messages, they only bother to even reply to guys who show-off some "amazing profile."

Hopefully your answer is not "then become amazing" not saying you would imply such a thing, but I've been given this answer before. I'm not capable of even getting close to functioning like a normal adult. I don't know how else to say it, I've had some folks "not believe me" or think I'm much higher functioning than I claim, well I can't offer agreeance on that.
I just created an online profile with the very same problems. I have nothing of "value" to offer anyone. Except for myself. But I just make jokes about it. I highlight every single flaw I have and throw it out into the open without a care in the world.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), Batman55 (11-23-17), Little Missy (11-22-17), WhiteOwl (11-22-17)