ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 01-15-10, 04:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,494 Posts
julesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant future
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

You know when your child is ADHD when your six year old daughter gets all exciteD and tells dad to come outside as she has written her name[and spelt it right!] When we get outside there it is on the bonnet of the car done with a flint stone down to the metal complete with hearts around it!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julesjampot For This Useful Post:
crusty (09-01-10), Turbochica (01-19-10)
Old 01-15-10, 11:03 PM
Contributor

psychokitty is a glorious beacon of lightpsychokitty is a glorious beacon of lightpsychokitty is a glorious beacon of lightpsychokitty is a glorious beacon of lightpsychokitty is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyhermit View Post
When your six-year old still waits until the very last second to run to the toilet (every time), and BARELY makes it, because he can't bother with it until he simply can't hold it anymore.
Ummm......I do this - and I`m an adult It`s not that I can`t be bothered exactly - it`s more that I get distracted from those signals until it is REALLY URGENT and there is no way I could forget that I need to go.
My 6year old also does that.....so we both race to the toilet, especially after we get home.
Old 01-19-10, 11:03 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,136 Posts
Turbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond repute

when my 17 yo is always the last one out of the house to get in the van for school and the first question she asks. Is there a brush in van?

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-10, 02:16 PM

Ames33 is on a distinguished road

Alot of these stories remind me of my 5yr old dd. espeacially the "mommy" "what "mommy" after abot 6 or 7 seven times you get " i love you " As of late I guess I don't answer her quickly enough because she has started this ....
"mommy say what " mommy say what " "say what mommy "... then finally i do and she says ....you guessed it "Ummmm.... I love you "
another one I get is "can I tell you something ?" over and over .
Old 02-26-10, 12:35 AM

litlcntrygrl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorton View Post
You son has colored on the wall with marker grandparents brought him when he was 3. Then when you are disciplining him he is yelling "WHAT DID I DO????????"

Grandparents only get him the Wonder Markers and paints after that fiasco. Maybe when he is seven I will try regular markers again.

My son is 9 and just the other day we were meeting his great-grandmother at a nice restaurant for Sunday lunch. It's about a 45 min drive from our house to the restaurant, and I didn't give son his meds b/c no matter how much I tell Grandma that he really does eat, she doesn't believe me because he rarely eats in front of her if he's on his meds. We meet her almost every Sunday and I do this frequently, he's usually fine until after lunch at which point I give him his meds.

This day was an exception. I turned around to look at him and his brother in the back seat (they were arguing as usual) and he had drawn ALL over his arm and the window in blue marker. I don't even know where the marker came from! So uhhm maybe you should try regular markers again when he's 10 lol
Old 03-12-10, 10:57 PM
Jr Member

AnnaAugusta is on a distinguished road

...you have to put up all bottles of shampoo and soap out of reach unless you want to buy a new bottle everyday.

...your living room constantly looks like it has ice flows made of couch cushions across the floor.

...walking isn't an option (but rolling, jumping, and running will do just fine).

...in the middle of his math homework he looks up and says, "Did you know cows have four separate compartments in their stomachs?"

...people say "I don't know how you do it" more often than you care to hear.

...your phone rings during the school day and you automatically tense up and say a quick prayer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnnaAugusta For This Useful Post:
HouseFull4+1 (09-25-12), Tbearsmum (09-27-12)
Old 03-22-10, 06:55 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Scooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud of

AnnaAugusta that is hilarious! and so true! I panic if my phone rings during the day :-)
My little 6 year old blessing cut open the flyscreen on the front window & snuck out into the front yard while I was bed early one morning. He wanted to play with the cat out the front.....took me ******* ages to sew up the damn flyscreen!!
Old 03-22-10, 06:59 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Scooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud of

oh my god, this thread is so funny! and so easy to relate to!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scooter77 For This Useful Post:
ninaballerina (12-04-13)
Old 03-29-10, 09:06 AM
ADDvanced Member

MyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the rough

He takes a squirrel tail (found by the dog) to school for sharing, and completely forgets he has it for three days!
Old 04-26-10, 12:41 PM
Jr Member

gailzy is on a distinguished road

you block the mirror from view so that he can focus on brushing his teeth rather than the faces he's making in the mirror.
Old 05-12-10, 01:38 PM

Ferris_mom is on a distinguished road

I'm new here (I recently found out Ferris is ADHD inattentive) but I can relate to so many of these stories! When he's calling me constantly to ask me something, I call it "being mommed".. He has always mixed up "scientific formulas"- even when I ask him not to..
Here's my you know your child has ADHD when- watching TV is an aerobic sport, the kid never stops hopping up and down!
Old 05-12-10, 02:51 PM

AuberryShortcak is on a distinguished road

I knew my child was ADHD when:

In the amount of time it takes me to go to the bathroom he
climbs to the top shelf of the pantry, gets the cornstarch, climbs back down and makes "snow" over the entire kitchen and living room and covers our black lab entirely in cornstarch. (I discovered the deed when the dog came into the bathroom as I was getting ready to walkout, with nothing but her sad brown eyes staring at me)

Tells me he isn't hungry when I offer him lunch and goes outside to play only to come in five minutes later crying that he is starving and why wont I make him lunch.

When I left him doing his homework correctly for the three minutes it takes to take the dog out to take care of her business and when I get back to the table he has scribbled his over entire homework sheet so dark you now can't read it, including the areas he had already correctly completed.

His teacher calls and tells you she wants to give him an office refferal but he had done so many things she couldn't remember the exact reason she wanted to give him an office refferal (yeah, that didn't fly too well with me, but my son's teacher also has ADHD and is on Ritalin, so I have to be patient with her too, I had to tell her if she felt he needed to see the principal that was fine, but I needed her to have a documented reason. LOL)
Old 05-12-10, 02:54 PM

AuberryShortcak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
AnnaAugust : ...you have to put up all bottles of shampoo and soap out of reach unless you want to buy a new bottle everyday
LOL, I can so relate, I am always saying I need a safe to keep my soap in
Old 05-18-10, 12:23 PM
Jr Member

merlinmagic is on a distinguished road

After a really crappy day today with our 9 year old son with ADHD, this has really made me smile and remember the things he has done.

You know your child is ADHD when....

At age 2 he ironed the carpet of our house that we were 2 weeks from closing on in Philadelphia (we were moving back to the UK), except the iron had left iron shaped burns all over the carpet. I came home from work to find him with the iron.

My face and my wife's face must have said it all, he said "Don't worry daddy we can get a towel, put some glue on it and then stand on it".

I wanted to be livid with him but couldn't avoid laughing. Out of one of the most stressful points in my life he had managed to make me smile.
Old 05-26-10, 04:54 PM
Jr Member

Moonlight29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
Lunacie, you reminded me of one.

You know your child is ADHD when she says, "Mom"

You reply, "Yes?"

"Mom"

"Yes"

"Mom"

"Yes"

"Mom"

"What do you want"

"Ummmm..."
I LOVE this one!! just like my daughter!!!