ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-09, 08:41 PM

IhasAnExcuse will become famous soon enough
car salesman.... he didn't want me wasting his time.

Went to a dealership in town today to look at a car I have been eyeing. Basically the salesman let me know fairly quick how important his time was and he wasn't going to waste his time or anyone else's at the dealership if I wasn't REALLY interested in the car. That many have come in to look at it and they've offered a great deal on the car only for no one to ever come back. They were getting tired of writing up deals on teh car. (should have walked then)

I don't sell cars but I KNOW you don't tell potential customers this BS. I should have walked then but it didn't really hit me how rude it was until I have sat here and stewed about it.

I did fire back that I value my time (which I really do b/c I am one busy person with full time school and full time work) and that I could assure him I feel my time is just as important if not more important than anyone who works there.

I really did say that....and I didn't mean it in a mean way. lol And lets not forget to mention the slumping car sales so is this guy really that busy. WOW.....how RUDE!

Needless to say they wasted my time by shooting me this horrible deal when they told me they'd give me a great deal. Oh, the BS this place pulled on a car they have had since Oct that has problems and is well known in the car community here (I knew this but for the right price was willing to buy and repair myself) to HAVE said problems and that previous owner beat the crap out of it. (its a turbo car for the record).

I needed to rant..........

Any car salesmen here? lol
lunaslobo (01-22-09)
Old 01-19-09, 08:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,010 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: car salesman.... he didn't want me wasting his time.

Never trust anyone whose trying to sell you something
Old 01-19-09, 09:04 PM

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

That would be irritating! I suppose you could have honored his wishes, and ask he direct you to someone whom does have the time..........
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-09, 09:06 PM

Thanked 1,018 Times in 641 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future

re:: #1

Are you female? If so, take a male friend to a car dealership.
Old 01-19-09, 09:12 PM

Thanked 1,018 Times in 641 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future

I think it is a trick to make you feel vulnerable to him.

Personally, I don't want to give my hard earned money to a jerk who makes me feel like I am wasting his time.

go somewhere else where you get some RESPECT.

Can you see the manipulation and sense of entitlement/righteousness the Salesman has? Sounds creepy. Or at least Narcissistic-like.
Old 01-19-09, 10:53 PM

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,158 Posts
Addr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud of

hey hey...I jsut took my night p[ills a bout thirty minutes ago... I was a car salesman for a short time...got out of the buisness ..i thought it was unethical....When I'm more aleart, I like share what this tactic he was doing.....I can sooo answer this question for you.... its all about control....ok ok I need to sleep..give me some time..I'm heading out of twon tomorrow morning..be back in afternoon...so I will come back to this..give you the insiders few...bryan
"We all have such a Ring: it forms the foundations of our Dark Tower, namely the Ego, the false self. Our Quest, like Frodo's and Sam's, is to renounce the Ring and be rid of the hold it has over us...."
Tolkien
Old 01-20-09, 10:02 PM

Yes, I am female. I am also fairly knoweldgable about cars, racing cars (auto-x) and fun runs at the local drag strip. I haven't done it in a few years due to paying for my college tuition out of pocket and putting my money into a house. However, racing and working on cars is in my blood. It won't go away!

I had my husband with me. But, like always I did almost all the talking. I know all about sleezy car salesman and their tricks. My occupation as an investigator has helped me tremendously to recognize when someone is trying to lead or control the conversation. I would say I am pretty good at reading ppl and controlling the conversation. Which I was..... which is most likely why he was acting the way he was.

When my husband and I left I said, that guy has got to have ADD or ADHD. OR it is possible that he was just jumbled b/c he wasn't running the show. lol

I really wish I had walked out and left but it would have had to of bothered me in order for me to do so. It wasn't until I kept playing it over and over in my head and hyper focusing on it that I THOUGHT "why didn't I walk?"

I know now I will if some jerk pulls this BS again.
Old 01-22-09, 10:29 AM

lunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhasAnExcuse View Post
Went to a dealership in town today to look at a car I have been eyeing. Basically the salesman let me know fairly quick how important his time was and he wasn't going to waste his time or anyone else's at the dealership if I wasn't REALLY interested in the car. That many have come in to look at it and they've offered a great deal on the car only for no one to ever come back. They were getting tired of writing up deals on teh car. (should have walked then)

I don't sell cars but I KNOW you don't tell potential customers this BS. I should have walked then but it didn't really hit me how rude it was until I have sat here and stewed about it.

I did fire back that I value my time (which I really do b/c I am one busy person with full time school and full time work) and that I could assure him I feel my time is just as important if not more important than anyone who works there.

I really did say that....and I didn't mean it in a mean way. lol And lets not forget to mention the slumping car sales so is this guy really that busy. WOW.....how RUDE!

Needless to say they wasted my time by shooting me this horrible deal when they told me they'd give me a great deal. Oh, the BS this place pulled on a car they have had since Oct that has problems and is well known in the car community here (I knew this but for the right price was willing to buy and repair myself) to HAVE said problems and that previous owner beat the crap out of it. (its a turbo car for the record).

I needed to rant..........

Any car salesmen here? lol
In todays economy this is not acceptable in any kind of place weather it be cars, department stores what ever. Actully in any time period this is not good. Where is the customer service at, where people worked at the sales being honest and hard working. hmmmm.

It Doesn't matter what you've heard
impossible is not a word,
its just a reason not to try.
Old 01-22-09, 08:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,015 Times in 508 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

I'm guessing he's unaware of the current economic situation? He should have given you a foot rub, cleaned your house for a week AND offered to name his first born after you just for walking in the door.

When you find a car elsewhere, be sure to drop by this guy's dealership and let him know what his attitude cost him (and make sure his boss knows, as well).
Grafter (01-22-09)
Old 01-22-09, 11:04 PM

Lunaslobo and Chartreuse, I agree 100%! You would think that they'd be happy someone is there and willing to buy a 1yr old POS car that they've had since Oct and are steadily loosing money on and can't get rid of. But no, this guy acted like the economy and times weren't bad and they could get out of this car what they could get in a GOOD economy.

At the price they tried to sell me the car it is under NADA value by $5k BUT BUT BUT the car has issues and ones the dealer can't hide. Like a check engine light due to a map sensor b/c some crappy modifications.

Anyway, we all know had I rolled up in this car in its condition to trade it in they would have been offering me $5k under what they are trying to sell it at which would be about $10k less than what it should be worth.

These guys can be greedy butts. B/c I go through cars so often and fast I never guy them for what they are worth. I just won't do it....period.

As an ex BF once said to me....there is always something better out there. lol I apply that to most things. Especially cars.