ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-06, 05:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

Dreeza has disabled reputation
Sudden Urge to Eat

Anyone else get this?

I'll be FINALLY actually doing something, and with literally less than 5 mins of notice, my body decides its going to shut down until i eat something. I literally have to stop doing work, because my head gets all dizzy, i get extreme brain fog, and sometimes, like right now, it is accompanied by stomach pains...

I'm not eating candy or anything sugary when it happens...

today i had an egg for breakfast and a falafel for lunch. Usually i have a salad with tuna/salmon for lunch.

Is this hypoglecemia? I just went to the doctors (my doctor was a ******* idiot though) and had all these blood test run cause i was complaining of fatigue...would that have showed up then?
Old 12-05-06, 05:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

sconard82 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like hypoglycemia. The problem is that it's hard to catch that on a blood test...you'd have to have the blood drawn as you were having the attack. Do you also sweat profusely when this is happening? If so, it definitely sounds like low blood sugar. I get this occasionally myself and it is extremely scary and not fun.
Old 12-05-06, 05:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

Dreeza has disabled reputation
Sorry, i kinda forgot to add something to my post....

my bf apparently has it, and when he has his 'attacks' he is like the worst person to be around, and REFUSES to eat anything...or it has to be something that fits in with his extreme pickiness that occurs during his 'attacks'.

I dont get liek that at all...all i want to do is eat the first thing i can find. I get a little irratible, but its mainly due to the fact that if someone is talking to me when i feel dizzy, it is just way too much input to handle.

I dont sweat though, and its not really scary.

Im sorry yours are that really doesnt sound like fun. Mine arent nearly anything to complain about compared to yours!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-06, 05:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

sconard82 is on a distinguished road
Hehe...with mine I need to eat ANYTHING immediately. Because it honestly feels that if I don't I will pass out any second. My body starts shaking like crazy and I sweat a ton until I get some sugar into my body. Not a good time...I've scared some of my friends when they saw an attack once.
Old 12-11-06, 10:35 AM

Teadrinker2005 will become famous soon enough
Wow,been suffering with body shakes and sweating buckets,feelin that i would pass out since the age of 12.Would eat normally and then gets the shakes for no apparent reason!Ended up being tested for diabetes,spent one day in hospital,had a blood tap stuck in my arm and fingers pricked for testing blood and having to sprint on a treadmill.Which resulted in nothing as that day i didn't have a shakey attack that day.

So ened up stuffin my face too stop the sweaty shakes.My peers use too take the p15s as i constantly eatin burgers and mars bars to prevent the attacks.Have emptied many a vendin machine!in mytime and ruined a few towels.

Now i'm in my mid 30's still get the occasional Shakey attack,overweight by 1 or 2 stone and probably got diabetes,so off to the doc's for a bloodtest...