ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-10, 04:34 PM
Contributor

kalimba will become famous soon enough
TV shows you try to watch on a regular basis

• Forensic Files. I wanted to be a forensic scientist or crime scene investigator at one point in my life. I also will never commit a crime after watching this show.

• WWE Smackdown. I check the spoilers online and only watch when The Undertaker is on. Sometimes I feel like I'm still 12. I don't care about any of the other wrestlers however, and I'm slightly hoping The Undertaker will retire soon and then I will stop watching WWE forever.

• The X-Files (reruns). Syfy channel shows reruns on The X-Files Monday - Thursday mornings from 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. Gillian Anderson in her 20's (yum), need I say more?

• Family Guy. Funniest cartoon around today. Brian, Stewie, Peter, need I say more?

Not all who wander are lost.

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Old 03-14-10, 05:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,515 Times in 13,320 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TV shows you try to watch on a regular basis

CSI
champions league soccer
this french talk show before dinner
Old 03-14-10, 06:10 PM

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly Betty
Numbers
Medium
CSI (Las Vegas)
Fringe
Glee

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-10, 07:25 PM

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,158 Posts
Addr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud of

TrueBlood
The Pacific (starting soon)
NCIS
The Mentalist
"We all have such a Ring: it forms the foundations of our Dark Tower, namely the Ego, the false self. Our Quest, like Frodo's and Sam's, is to renounce the Ring and be rid of the hold it has over us...."
Tolkien
Old 03-14-10, 07:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

croweater has a spectacular aura aboutcroweater has a spectacular aura about

Big Love
V (pretty disappointed, though)
Insiders (political magazine-type programme)
Food Lover's Guide to Australia
Pretty much any doco or sci-fi show
Old 03-14-10, 08:03 PM

AirJordanV will become famous soon enough

Glee.
Cleveland Show.
Come Dine With Me.
Old 03-16-10, 04:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,015 Times in 508 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

LOST (I don't "try" to watch it...I would pretty much have to hospitalized AND unconscious before I'd miss an episode.)

Flash Forward (not nearly as good as LOST, but still a pretty intriguing and thought-provoking premise.)
Old 03-16-10, 08:42 PM

Thanked 13,644 Times in 5,041 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

MYTHBUSTERS!!!

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING is better than watching Mythbusters.

Discovery Health, Discovery ID, The Food Channel- all good stuff. I record Mythbusters.

Oh! And Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I like Guy Fieri. He has a game show now called "A Minute to Win It". Very funny.

I hear Discovery online calling my name...

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
Old 03-16-10, 11:00 PM

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

oh and

The Big Bang Theory
American Masters
Heroes
Brothers and Sisters
Bones
30 Rock

Thank goodness for TiVo!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Old 03-17-10, 07:30 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,018 Times in 583 Posts
Asylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud of

I LURVE family guy! lol
NCIS - my new favourite
Does anyone actually read these replies?
Boston Legal when its on in Oz.
The Soprano's - when its on in Oz.
Seriously, is anyone reading this? If not, why am i writing?
30 Rock - when its bloody on in Oz!
I think i only went to the toilet like, once today. Is that normal? Its almost 10.00pm!
Sometimes i watch Neighbours, but i'm not proud of it.
How does Jennifer Aniston even get work??
And finally, anything with Russell Crowe in it.
Addr68 (03-17-10), salleh (03-27-10)
Old 03-17-10, 07:48 AM

Thanked 27,515 Times in 13,320 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading them!
I know what you mean, to my list I'll add "most halfway decent US shows available in english"...
for a while they showed 30 Rock on sundays.

I love that one that's called Criminal minds (?) but it's only on dubbed in French. UGH.

Heroes: compelling but gives me bad dreams. it's on several different channels and I never know what's going on. - since when did Clare's father become evil?

and finally any Minnesota baseball and football shown on "ESPN America"
and some French movies I love
and science fiction movies!
Old 03-17-10, 02:07 PM
Contributor

kalimba will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDTigger View Post
MYTHBUSTERS!!!

Oh! And Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I like Guy Fieri. He has a game show now called "A Minute to Win It". Very funny.
I like Mythbusters too.

• Jamie and his impressive facial hair.
  • The eye candy that is Kari (she is even yummier than Gillian Anderson in her 20's)
  • Adam and his craziness.
I also like Guy Fieri, but why is his last name pronounced like FieTi? I also like DDD better than Guy's cooking show (called Big Bite, I think?)

Asylum, I am reading these replies, but I haven't seen any of the shows mentioned yet.

I don't watch ABC, NBC, or CBS very often, so while I've heard of shows like Lost, Heroes, NCIS, etc. I don't watch them.

I prefer channels like SyFy (which was better when its' name was SciFi), TruTV (which was better when its' name was CourtTV), ESPN, and Food Network.

I used to like Ghost Hunters until about the 3rd or 4th season when they stopped trying to debunk the hauntings and proclaimed every place they visited haunted. Oh, and then they got caught faking evidence to appear paranormal, that kind of helped kill some of the show's credibility.

I also like game shows sometimes - Price is Right, Deal or No Deal, 5th Grader, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, etc.

Not all who wander are lost.

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Old 03-17-10, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,015 Times in 508 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

This isn't a specific show, more a genre (or sub-genre) I guess, but anything disaster oriented - be it "It Could Happen Tomorrow" or "Mega-Disasters" or the shows on the History Channel that deal with cover things like prophecies of doom, I really like.
Old 03-17-10, 05:36 PM

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

Criminal Minds.

(I also bought all the X-Files on DVD cuz I did miss some of them) Yummy!

Lost, but I got LOST, and will likely get them on Netflix or something so I don't get LOST between the 10 months between seasons. Ugh...
Old 03-17-10, 06:04 PM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 752 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

sunny in Philadelphia, and my name is earl

what is mythbusters?

Syd Barrett