ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 04-17-18, 10:57 AM

TrkdTrmp is on a distinguished road
Vyvanse/ADHD Supplements & Vitamins, timing them & do they actually help?

Thread point shortly explained I'm looking for advice on some dietary stuff, when to take certain supplements/vitamins with Vyvanse, because some compete with the absorption of each other, some allegedly increase/decrease Vyvanse's effect/duration/absorption(due to vyvanse having to go through liver for dexampf to release, dully explained.) I want to create a routine/diet so that most of these supplements I take actually do absorb.

So I am an 18-year old guy, taking Vyvanse 1x70mg in the morning & 0-4x10mg IR in the noon for ADHD, depending on my need. I take this daily, and it's been super efficient and important medication for me clearly. I ate Concerta 54mg for 2 years, only to realize it only gave me a list of horrible side-effects, worst comedown known to mankind and like 5% improvement in ADHD symptoms(I was able to write notes at school, yay!), however with Vyvanse, I get **** done, my severe anxiety is nonexistent, haven't been depressed or had panic attacks really in the past 2 months that I've taken it, comedown is so minimal I'm not even sure how long it actually works for me, i think around 6-9 hours.

Now I'm quite thin, not crazy thin, but my eating habits have always been, and on vyvanse especially are quite awful. I know supplements are not to replace proper diet, I'm working on a diet routine among these supplements I'll list below.
Just saying here, I'm no doctor, what I type here is the result of my own online research.

The Supplements(13 in total):

- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (500mg) w/ Alpha Lipoic Acid(200mg)
- Vitamin C (500mg)
- Vitamin D (20-40g)
- Multivitamin
- Vitamin B Complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12)
- Magnesium Glycinate (340mg)
- Choline (550mg)
- Zinc Picolinate (22mg)
- Green Tea Extract (500mg - EGCG 200mg)
- L-Theanine (100mg)
- L-Tyrosine (500mg)
- Melatonin (6mg)

^These are the most common what I found doing my online research regarding ADHD and Vyvanse supplementation and what I consider using.

I'm aware some vitamins etc. absorb better with a meal or awfully without, some require empty stomach so any corrections and information on the order/times I take these will be much appreciated.

So my current plan is the following.

-->1 hour before Breakfast:

- Green Tea Extract 1x500
- L-Tyrosine 1x500
- L-Theanine 1-2x100mg
- Vyvanse 1x70mg
- 1x22mg Zinc Picolinate
- Choline 1x550mg <-Not sure whether this would be better with breakfast?
- ALCAR 1x500mg+ALA 1x200mg
- Vitamin B Complex

-->1 Hour after with Breakfast:

- Vitamin D 1-2x20ug

-->At daytime with a Meal(around 13-16pm):

- Multivitamin
- 1xALCAR+ALA
- Vitamin C 1-4x500mg

-->At night/Before going to sleep

- Magnesium Glycinate 1x340mg
- Melatonin 6mg
^Please if you notice any issues with this, let me know, also explanation/another solution would be nice. If some of these literally and scientifically proven don't even absorb in the first place, let me know & why if you're able to provide info, I'm just aiming at healthier life.

Magnesium has very mixed information about whether it should be taken at night for better sleep/relaxation, or alternatively taking it with vyvanse in the morning to allegedly boost it's effects/lengthen it's duration/prevent tolerance. Mind you, plenty of ppl told the exact opposite, taking magnesium and not feeling anything. I'd highly appreciate if someone gave a proper, scientific information regarding this, how it works, not the "I took magnesium once and my tolerance didn't go down". If I wish for the probably "mild" effects of tolerance prevention, does it make any difference to supplement daily at night, or do you in fact have to take it with vyvanse?

I appreciate any answers, I will ask a pharmacist later today probably & my private doctor on 26th, I'll update if I get some good trustworthy information, I'm aware that even docs aren't always up to date with these.