ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-11, 01:31 PM
Jr Member

Graleh is on a distinguished road
Re: Tired all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Is anyone else tired all the time and can't seem to get a handle on it. I have had a lot of blood work done .It's all come back negative. Ialso had a stress test done and cheched for copd and I do have that. I also have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine.
Me too.
I am also tired all the time and I don't know what to do with it. I have recently recieved the diagnose ADD and as long as I take my ADD-medicine, I am alert. But I am also a bit confused and get problems with sleeping :/
Old 12-13-11, 03:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,030 Times in 610 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graleh View Post
Me too.
I am also tired all the time and I don't know what to do with it. I have recently recieved the diagnose ADD and as long as I take my ADD-medicine, I am alert. But I am also a bit confused and get problems with sleeping :/
After reading this post, I got to thing about the longterm effects of add medicine
Old 12-15-11, 02:30 PM

kassem23 is on a distinguished road

Time to get on sertraline.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-11, 05:02 PM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

how would setraline work or take care of this issue. Anything with serotonin blasts me back. Then the tired issue no matter if microdosed is just way worse. More like provigil. That usually helps.
Old 12-20-11, 10:45 AM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

What works for some people may not work for another. I would dicuss that with your doctor.
Old 01-14-12, 07:26 AM

Thanked 5,039 Times in 2,192 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing a naturopath who gave me this stuff called Astragalus 8. It's supposed to help recovery from Ross River Virus (which I'm still struggling with) and CFS. I'm 1 month in. It does help. He said it would take a couple of months but I am very impatient and want too be better now. It's been 6 months already.
Old 01-14-12, 07:30 AM

Saboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to all

I'm tired all the time, but I'm also depressed I literally don't do anything all day, everyday, that's the routine. I don't know what to do.
I can't get out of it, there is one way but I'm not ready yet.
425runner (08-29-12)
Old 01-14-12, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saboit View Post
I'm tired all the time, but I'm also depressed I literally don't do anything all day, everyday, that's the routine. I don't know what to do.
I can't get out of it, there is one way but I'm not ready yet.
Force yourself to get some excercise everyday. This should help
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Saboit (01-14-12)
Old 08-29-12, 07:45 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about

I exercise daily, take my ADD meds, although they now stopped working so I started drinking coffee for additional boost of energy. Not good...major tolerance issues, I guess I need a break. I've been depressed for two years and nothing helps...besides l-tyrosine several times/day and b vitamins but that's just temporary.

I have no energy because I get easily tired, mentally & physically. I dunno what to do about it, eating healthy, exercising, I had all kinds of blood tests done - all negative.
I was on Wellbutrin but it never really did anything to cure my depression, more like a temporary boost of energy/motivation and then feeling dizzy.
Old 02-19-13, 01:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Is anyone else tired all the time and can't seem to get a handle on it. I have had a lot of blood work done .It's all come back negative. Ialso had a stress test done and cheched for copd and I do have that. I also have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine.
Did you ever find any help with this? I glanced through the 10 pages, but decided to just ask.

(RX): Pristiq 50mg, Vyvanse 50 mg, Trazadone (when needed)

"No. Just the butter"
Old 02-19-13, 01:39 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I'm seeing a naturopath who gave me this stuff called Astragalus 8. It's supposed to help recovery from Ross River Virus (which I'm still struggling with) and CFS. I'm 1 month in. It does help. He said it would take a couple of months but I am very impatient and want too be better now. It's been 6 months already.
What type of doc did you get this from? I wonder if this could help me? Wait never mind neuropath. Sorry my bad!

"No. Just the butter"
Old 02-19-13, 01:43 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by never2late View Post
I have been having really bad fatigue too, brain fog, low energy, genreally crabbiness, depression, anxiety, add symptoms.

Rheumatoid was a concern but has thus far come up with no diagnosis after multiple blood tests.

I went and saw I new pdoc and the first thing he recomended was to get TSH Free t3, free t4 bloodwork done. I got it scheduled for Monday but if you look up symptoms of Hyperthyroid it fits pretty well with ADD focus issues, comorbid depression, tiredness etc. The other thing that is interesting, I thought, was that I am so tired all day yet cant sleep at night ( even when not taking add meds during the day). Another thing associated with thyroid.

Anyone had extensive thyroid bloodwork done? My doc said TSH alone dosnt tell the whole story free T3/Free t4 imbalances can screw with your energy focus and concentration levels. Ill let you know what comes up. I never thought about thyroid being associated with this stuff before. Anyway something to think about if anyone has similar problems.
Yah I thought this was going to be the magical answer. My tests from my endocrinologist all came back fine.

Unfortunately, the medical community has a difference of opinion over adrenal and T3/T4. You have to see a homeopathic doctor for them to address these issues. I have seen just as many horror stories from this though. If it's not taught in medical school I am not so sure I want to test it. I have enough troubles with FDA approved medicine!

"No. Just the butter"
Old 02-20-13, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasikins View Post
Did you ever find any help with this? I glanced through the 10 pages, but decided to just ask.
I think it was the cymbalta I was on. I also have sleep apea and am over weight plus it takes me for ever to get to sleep. check the uncontrollable thought thread. It is better now
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
dasikins (03-04-13)
Old 03-13-13, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nibs91 has a spectacular aura aboutNibs91 has a spectacular aura about

Add me to the tired all the time list...

My depression has started to lift but I'm getting MORE tired?! What does that mean? It can't be the meds, I've fully adjusted to them. My blood levels are fine and everything is right. I'm ridiculously annoyed with my doctor because he is not taking my concerns seriously. I'm tired all day and can't sleep at night. But even when I do get 6-8 hrs of sleep I'm tired the next day. So it's not an issue with sleep. I'm living on coffee these days......I'd love an IV bag full of it right now, lol.
Old 03-14-13, 10:47 PM

The Letter N has a spectacular aura aboutThe Letter N has a spectacular aura about

I'm glad I found this. My fatigue has been a mystery to me for a while. It seems to be a symptom way down on the list of ADD symptoms (probably because most people are in the ADHD category).

I also had a battery of blood tests done and found I was completely normal. For a while I wore a CPAP machine but it didn't help that much (I was rated mild to moderate for apnea--hardly an intensity to make me feel constantly tired).

Chronic fatigue syndrome was constantly shot to the ground. Then, of course, I took antidepressants that were supposed to be stimulants. Still nothing.

I have friends who can't drink a cup of coffee because they say it makes them jittery. I don't think I've ever had that reaction. I can drink five cups a day without any ill effects. At best I might be a little more alert with four shots in a cup.

And, no, I'm not addicted to coffee. I found I can abstain fairly easily. I mainly miss the ritual and the taste on the days when I'm too lazy to make a cup.

But, yes, fatigue. Anyone found a cure-all? I keep hearing exercise but I get over 30 minutes of exercise 3 to 5 times a week and I still feel tired (I even feel tired after exercise--more tired, in fact).

So, yeah, like most of y'all I'm wanting an answer. Maybe someone could post a sticky at the beginning listing ways to beat fatigue.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Letter N For This Useful Post:
425runner (10-30-13)