ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Nutrition
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-17, 05:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,051 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
The whole 30 - modified

Peripatetic and me have decided to clean up our diet a bit by trying this program called the whole 30.

https://whole30.com/new/

It asks you to eliminate certain food groups (dairy, legumes, grains, etc.) For 30 days.

I wouldn't actually recommend cutting out entire food groups and that too so many but peri and I are just cutting out whatever suits us.

I'm cutting out added sugar and dairy and I'm also giving myself a free pass to eat whatever we want when we go out. Except for desserts or obvious sweets...

Feel free to join us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-30-17)
Old 11-30-17, 05:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,051 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: The whole 30 - modified

I've lost count but I think so far it's been 2 or 3 days for me. I don't remember. I'm.just going to count today as day 3.

It's not that difficult actually but then I haven't really encountered many temptations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-30-17)
Old 11-30-17, 12:16 PM

Thanked 32,245 Times in 14,566 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The whole 30 - modified

yes!!! so glad you made this thread!

i'm since thanksgiving, which was the 23rd. and then the day after. so i can safely say it's been a few days.

my main goal is to see if the gut flora really do change for the better. plus this is a bad season for sugars, so i'm cutting all added and artificial sweeteners and processed foods in general. i'm fine to try and cut the legumes and grains, but i don't know that i can survive without yoghurt. i'll cut other dairy.
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-30-17)
Sponsored Links