ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-19, 01:37 PM

jscully730 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up This is a very nice forum for specific health exp and random stuff

Guys since i am new here and i saw random posts in a different group of thread. I would just like to ask if somebody here knows whats the difference between granite countertops and marble ones. I would love to hear some advice from you. planning to change my countertops and besides. This is my first post here to make new friends! TIA
Old 05-01-19, 02:16 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,750 Times in 14,044 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is a very nice forum for specific health exp and random stuff

Probably what they are made from?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-02-19)
Old 05-01-19, 02:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Granite and marble countertops both need to be sealed, and they are susceptible to staining and cracking, respectively.

Have you considered a quartz countertop?

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-02-19), Little Missy (05-01-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-19, 07:59 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,315 Times in 7,808 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscully730 View Post
Guys since i am new here and i saw random posts in a different group of thread. I would just like to ask if somebody here knows whats the difference between granite countertops and marble ones. I would love to hear some advice from you. planning to change my countertops and besides. This is my first post here to make new friends! TIA
Welcome to the forum!

Both granite and marble are natural stones. In the case of slabs sold for countertops, there are many different minerals and stones sold as either granite or marble because they contain similar composition and characteristics.

Commercial granite is an igneous or metamorphic stone that is mainly comprised of silica, feldspar, mica, and quartz. Stones labeled as granite usually have a tightly packed, granular appearance to their surface. They may have veins, flecks of color, or be solid. Granite comes in a wide range of colors from very light to very dark, and each slab has some degree of variation in color over its surface.

Commercial marble is either metamorphic or sedimentary in composition, made primarily of calcite. Some “marbles” may be a type of quartzite or quartz-based stone, and green “marbles” are made of a mineral called serpentine. Marble is usually characterized by having veins and a smoother surface texture than granite. Like granite, marble ranges from white to black in color and will have some degree of variation in color over its surface.

Both marble and granite vary in appearance from slab to slab because the minerals that make up the color of the stone may change depending on where it is cut from.

For this reason, it is always recommended that you visit a stone yard and select the stone you want in person. Showroom samples of either marble or granite will not provide a true representation of what the stone will look like.

Granite Countertops

PROS

Many colors and styles to choose from
Less expensive
More durable
Lower maintenance
Resists heat
Does not emit radon gas
CONS
May stain
May etch
Has variation from piece to piece
Not likely to increase resale value

Marble Countertops

PROS

Many colors and styles to choose from
Softer vein patterns
Resists heat
Does not emit radon gas
CONS
More expensive
Less durable
Higher maintenance
Will stain
Will etch
Has variation from piece to piece
Not likely to increase resale value

I hope that helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-02-19), midnightstar (05-03-19)