ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-18, 05:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,354 Times in 13,987 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
What good deed are you going to do for yourself today?

I think most of us are just way too hard on ourselves
and i suspect that quite a few of us don't spend enough time taking care of ourselves, nurturing ourselves or just being kind to ourselves because we have always got a never ending to do list that either needs to be tackled or at least fretted about. It doesn't help. Neither does the to do list get done nor are we relaxing, having fun or adding to our happiness.

I've had enough of it. I've downloaded an escapist murder mystery and I'm going to relax and read my book and not feel guilty.

What are you doing for yourself today?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-27-18), lisariver (09-27-18), Little Missy (09-30-18), namazu (09-27-18), psychopathetic (09-27-18), stef (09-28-18)
Old 09-27-18, 05:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What good deed are you going to do for yourself today?

dance

Last edited by peripatetic; 09-27-18 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: fixed formatting
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-27-18), Fuzzy12 (09-27-18), psychopathetic (09-27-18)
Old 09-27-18, 05:59 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,385 Times in 7,656 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so going to dig up some of my star wars toys and play with them tonight without feeling like a complete moron for playing with toys at my age.

lol I'm such a dork!

Been wanting to go through my toys though for like 2 weeks now.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-27-18), lisariver (09-27-18), stef (09-28-18), tudorose (09-28-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-18, 06:06 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisariver View Post

lol this song and video remind me of cartoons I grew up with on the nickelodeon channel.

(((((((Li-Li)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-28-18)
Old 09-27-18, 06:36 PM

Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,061 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Good for you Fuzz!

I'm playing beat saber in virtual reality. LOVE VR, it's like you are there!

Here's a video clip of it though I usually play with two light sabers instead of the darth maul style. I actually highly recommend this for exercise as some songs are supposedly the equivalent of an elliptical machine (I think it's actually less than that but it's certainly more than walking which is already good). If you aren't tech savvy and patient though, I'd wait till spring of 2019 if you decided to get this cause a new VR stand alone headset will be out by then which will be much cheaper and simpler to use.

Last edited by namazu; 09-27-18 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: fixed youTube link -- make sure URL starts with "http", not "https"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-27-18), psychopathetic (09-27-18)
Old 09-28-18, 04:21 AM

Thanked 27,110 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to go check out the other site of that workspace I went to yesterday.
It's farther away but I know the area really well. I'll go to a nice café before I start working and also scope out a place for lunch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-28-18), psychopathetic (09-28-18)
Old 09-28-18, 05:06 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,611 Times in 15,102 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am already procrastinating stuff.. so once I get the dogs to the groomer I am going to set up my school email and work on some math.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-28-18), psychopathetic (09-28-18)
Old 09-28-18, 05:54 AM

Thanked 5,097 Times in 2,222 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I did some research about making changes slowly. So rather then searching 'lose weight fast' I looked at 'ease into low carb diet'. The advice was better and made me feel hopeful instead of down on myself and so simple. To change your diet just start by changing 1 meal a day. Then build from there. So today I had bone broth with herb infused olive oil for breakfast and I felt better and was less hungry today.

Small wins
lisariver (09-28-18), psychopathetic (09-28-18), stef (09-28-18)
Old 09-29-18, 05:39 AM

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I went out there yesterday even though i also had to get the rest of my ritalin and of course i didnt do that first so i spent almost an hour in the subway on a beautiful afternoon; anyway though i rediscovered that little neighborhood and treated myself to chinese food ( one of those places where you can take out or eat in). walked up this big avenue and had a coke zero in this cafe/restaurant where my friend revealed she was expecting a baby.
( baby girl is now almost 2 months old )

anyway today really, i would like to go to notre dame and light 3 candles.
and walk in the beautiful fall weather.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-30-18), lisariver (09-29-18), Little Missy (09-30-18), tudorose (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 02:51 PM

So my mattress is slowly falling off the boxspring because I have a ton of things sitting on part of the boxspring between the mattress and the wall.
Not sure if that makes sense haha

Anyhow, for a long time it worked well. It gave me a small space to keep all the stuff I like having near my bed (that I use as my couch as well).

But about a month ago my mattress start to move further and further off the boxspring.

Now the entire bottom half is off, so my mattress is now highly slanted...and I have less then half the top of the mattress that I can actually use.
It's SUPER uncomfortable, and I can now feel a lot of the springs in the mattress which cause me to feel all sorts of pain when I wake up.
Also, I no longer have a pathway next to my bed...so now I have to walk on the mattress to get on and off of it. lol it's fine...until it's the middle of the night and I wake up urgently needing to use the bathroom, while I'm still 90% asleep and super groggy and have like zero balance!

Meanwhile...lol...I have a practically brand new mattress and boxspring that looks SUPER comfy just sitting (leaned on my walls) in my living room waiting for me to set up .
Was given to me about a month ago.
Me being me though...It's one of those "I'll get it all set up..." ... "...later!" lol...we all know where that goes. No where quick, that's for sure!

...So I'm committing to clean things up today (or at least move things! lol) and get my new bed in here.

Want to say it on the forums because I'm hoping it'll help me to actually get it done finally. I've been telling myself for weeks to get it done to no avail. Maybe by committing to do so in front of others will help!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-01-18)
Old 09-30-18, 07:53 PM

Holy ####!!

So that's what it feels like to sit on top of an even surface!?

So that's what it feels like not to be sitting on a bunch of twisty pointy metal springs?!

What took me so long!

lol

I'm still using my old boxspring...A lady will be helping me clean out my apartment this coming month, so I'll deal with that then...

But I did manage to clear out most my clutter next to my bed and put on the new mattress!

It's nice and firm...but it's also got a thick layer of fluffiness on top (and unlike my old bed, it's dual sided so I can flip it once in awhile).

lol my old bed was slanting so much from sliding off the boxspring that I had to constantly fight against the slope to prevent myself from toppling over ...it feels damn good not having to do so right now!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-30-18), Greyhound1 (09-30-18), lisariver (09-30-18), stef (10-01-18)
Old 09-30-18, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

drinking water
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-30-18)
Old 09-30-18, 09:31 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,318 Times in 7,377 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate and I got a haircut earlier.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-01-18), psychopathetic (09-30-18), stef (10-01-18)
Old 09-30-18, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Chocolate and I got a haircut earlier.
Nice!

Cause I didn't want to say anything...

But yeah, your hair was starting to get pretty wild there!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-02-18), stef (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 01:44 AM

I have to go to this career advisor meeting scheduled by the unemployment agency.
apparently it's not too far from a big Carrefour store (equivalent of Target ), so I'll go check that out afterwards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-01-18), Little Missy (10-01-18), psychopathetic (10-01-18)