ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-03-18, 09:19 PM

MSkiles35 is on a distinguished road
Re: Very Important - Adderall IR changes for 2018, Adderall XR info and Corepharma up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroudab View Post
Does anyone know where I can find Epic Pharma Adderall in Ohio? Thank you
For those in Texas --> Baylor Scott and White pharmacies
Old 01-19-19, 12:53 PM

jrp10421 is on a distinguished road
Re: Very Important - Adderall IR changes for 2018, Adderall XR info and Corepharma up

Hi I thought I would share since I really appreciate this forum has helped me before. I just received the generic Adderall 20mg instant release by Zydus (01-19-19). This is my first time to try this brand. I usually prefer Zandos and Corpharma or Eoruobindo over Teva. These Zydus (20mg ir) are shaped and colored the same football shape as Teva ir. With the imprint letter "N" over "955". I've been prescribed generic Adderall for my add since I was a teenager and have gone months to a year off them and recently going on 3yrs on them. I have had many similar frustrations related generic brands but I know when one works for me better. Consistency is what works for me. Ty, Jonathan
The Following User Says Thank You to jrp10421 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-19-19)
Old 01-19-19, 04:55 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,434 Times in 7,858 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp10421 View Post
Hi I thought I would share since I really appreciate this forum has helped me before. I just received the generic Adderall 20mg instant release by Zydus (01-19-19). This is my first time to try this brand. I usually prefer Zandos and Corpharma or Eoruobindo over Teva. These Zydus (20mg ir) are shaped and colored the same football shape as Teva ir. With the imprint letter "N" over "955". I've been prescribed generic Adderall for my add since I was a teenager and have gone months to a year off them and recently going on 3yrs on them. I have had many similar frustrations related generic brands but I know when one works for me better. Consistency is what works for me. Ty, Jonathan
Welcome to the forum!

Please let us know how it works for you. Many of us have had bad experiences on certain generics. I haven’t heard much feedback on Zydus.

Please keep us posted and hopefully it works well.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-19, 12:40 PM

MSkiles35 is on a distinguished road

UPDATE:

Epic adderall won’t be available again until May of this year thanks to the DEA

Anyone else experiencing any shortages for other manufacturers? Or delays?
Old 11-24-19, 04:41 PM

Scotybo1 is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one who thinks the new Epic generic Adderall is totally ineffective. I think I have had every other one over the past 20 years and they each have different attributes but this one doesn’t seem to work at all. I think I am going to call my doctor and see if he will write a swap out for me. Everyone seems to have have posted how bad Mallinkrodt is but this Epic crap is like useless for me.
Old 11-30-19, 10:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

MyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotybo1 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the new Epic generic Adderall is totally ineffective. I think I have had every other one over the past 20 years and they each have different attributes but this one doesn’t seem to work at all. I think I am going to call my doctor and see if he will write a swap out for me. Everyone seems to have have posted how bad Mallinkrodt is but this Epic crap is like useless for me.
Hi Scotybo1,

I find your comments intriguing, please specifically expand upon the issues you are having with it.

What is ineffective about it....to you? (As in what do you expect it to do and what actually happens when you take it)

What tablet size are you currently taking 5, 10, 20, 30?

What is your preferred generic form of adderall?

When you take your preferred form of adderall what does it usually do for you and how long does it typically last?

In response to your question about how it effects me...
(For the record - I am NOT hyperactive, I am the opposite of hyper as I tend to be sluggish and more like a turtle (classic inattentive add/ non-hyper / quiet wallflower devoid of personality) as opposed to the hare... I take adderall to wake my brain up, speed it up, put thoughts in my head, and improve verbal fluidity and improve interactions with other humans.. Therefore my needs may be quite different than yours.

Epic Adderall experience:
I currently get headaches from it especially if I take a couple days off a week. No other generic has hit me as hard with headaches in the frontal lobe quite like this one.

Currently using the 30 mg tablet, I break it into quarters or thirds (i use a scale to precisely weigh for proper dosage 7.5 to 12.5 mg depending on which generic manufacturer I currently have. They all feel very different to me... but that's just me...

That said, when it does work it usually onsets (kicks in) within 45 to 60 minutes with a significant kick in the ***** to get up and go get things done. After the onset it works smoothly for 4 to 5 hours providing the benefits I require (as mentioned previously).

When it doesn't work it feels as if I literally took a placebo pill (regardless of how well I slept, what I ate, or what I drank that day).

It has been a very mercurial ride with this particular generic, and I am loathe to complain about it as i may certainly be part of the problem.

I have had every generic form of Adderall in XR and IR as well as brand name Shire. I know what works for me and what doesn't, especially in the present day of Wild West generics and questionable pharmaceutical manufacturing practices....and as much as I hate to say it, the one I can feel/notice the most is the one by Teva. Their product is still the same after all these years.

Teva has never been my preference....it still is NOT my preference...but with the Russian Roulette of generics...and when Teva makes the adderall correctly...it's better than others.

Northstar is an intriguing possibility .... but Aurobindo and Mallinckrodt continue to prove to be very very challenging... Very challenging to find a way to get it to be therapeutic.

This is why I have switched back to generic Ritalin (methylphenidate) because I am sick of the generic Adderall IR tablet problems...and I don't like the inconsistent release patterns of the XR products from the first release to the second.

On another note:
Lannett has released a generic form of Adderall which looks a lot like Teva. This generic should be out in the market and more widely available in the next six months. Lannett usually makes good generic medications but the adderall they are marketing is made in China...so who knows if it will be good or bad.

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme...a-98b3d4b1658e

All the best,
-M

Last edited by MyAchillesheel; 11-30-19 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: additional info