ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 01-24-17, 05:05 PM

TruDovah is on a distinguished road
how long does straterra take to have full effect?

Hey everyone!

I just started taking straterra to help me control my own mind and the ADHD that goes with it, so far it seems to be helping, at least a bit.

My question to the community that takes it it, how long does it need to be in your system until you get the full effect of, side effects and all?

Luckily for me, so far, I haven't had drastic ED issues, but I have notice a drop in randoms and those that I do get go away a lot faster, when there's no attention paid to it! Is there a chance that this could change or should it stay about where it is as I continue with my doses?

Thank for you for your help everyone!!
Old 01-24-17, 05:14 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,966 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how long does straterra take to have full effect?

It can be a lot of weeks, but not a lot of months.

For some people, it works sooner than that.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 02-18-17, 01:57 AM
Jr Member

ldk_13 is just really niceldk_13 is just really niceldk_13 is just really niceldk_13 is just really nice

I've been on it for 2 weeks. Other than reduced hyperactivity, my inattention is worse than ever.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-17, 02:42 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute

The sample pack they make for people just starting out has you take 15 days to get to the target dose gradually, then an additional 15 days on the target dose before you start evaluating symptoms, then 15 more days. So that's a total of 30 days before it's expected to start helping and a total of 45 days before you have much information to evaluate how good it is for you.

It might be less time if you start at a high dose.
Old 03-07-17, 05:25 AM

TruDovah is on a distinguished road

I've been on straterra for nearly 2 months now, and I have noticed some small changes. I would best describe it as "slow chaos" versus what it was before (a billion exploding ideas all happen simultaneously and in random intervals). I started off with 40mg a day and after my first month it was upped to 80 (2 40mg's a day). Haven't really had any negative side effects either, which is good. I do not know if it is because of my sleep schedule or not, I work over night security and get out about 8 am. I take one dose at 9 am and my second between 5-6 (depending on my work/sleep schedule). Wondering how much of an impact this is having/could have on the effectiveness......ugh.
Old 03-21-17, 02:18 PM

Adderall-star is on a distinguished road

I've been taking Strattera for a couple years. Alone it didn't really do all that much - if anything dulled things a bit.. but combining it with Concerta has been the key for me. It "smooths out" the ups and downs that come from the stimulant use, and seems to help me avoid the darker thoughts that can come with coming down from those types of meds....
Old 04-14-17, 11:47 AM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

You'll be waiting a long time for it to work... because it doesn't. At least for me.
Old 06-18-18, 02:05 AM
Jr Member

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road

I use to take this for 3 months, 80mg, Didn't get to the full effect due to side effects, But my nurse said it can take at-least 6weeks