ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-20, 02:25 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,818 Times in 10,994 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corona virus what's the deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Surprisingly the next county over has only 2 cases reported, despite having
the second largest city in the state. And our mostly rural county has 3. So
often it seems to depend on which people have traveled recently and where
they traveled to, as well as how they traveled.
[...]Been wondering why there are so many more cases (and deaths) in Colorado
than in Kansas. A friend suggested because the Denver Airport is an internat-
ional travel hub. But the airport is Kansas City MO is also international and
MO doesn't have as many cases as Colorado. It's a mystery to me.
There are huge variations in testing from state to state (and even medical center to medical center) that may account for some of the differences in case counts. (And cause of death may or may not be correctly attributed.) That's in addition to the randomness of who's traveled where and brought what back with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 02:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,493 Times in 12,798 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
There are huge variations in testing from state to state (and even medical center to medical center) that may account for some of the differences in case counts. (And cause of death may or may not be correctly attributed.) That's in addition to the randomness of who's traveled where and brought what back with them.
That adds another question. Why do some states have more tests accessible?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 02:44 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That adds another question. Why do some states have more tests accessible?
There were some problems with the initial tests sent out to the states by the CDC.

Since then, different labs around the country have developed their own tests and gotten approval to use them. These facilities vary in their ability to churn out and process test kits. Turnaround time ranges from about an hour to several days or more.

In addition to the CDC guidelines for testing, states may also have guidelines in place.

Some places (including Denver) now have drive-through testing facilities open to anyone with a doctor's prescription; other places still have very limited testing available, even to people with worrisome symptoms. Sounds like Kansas is running low on test kits right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-22-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-20, 02:55 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Number of Cases 947
Deaths 21 here

as i expected, exponential function, spreading rate is not linear thats why heavy measurements must be taken

government just announced yesterday curfew for people 65 years old and above
today police arrested few elderly people

i really don't know what is wrong with old people here, younger people take situation more serious
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20), tudorose (03-24-20)
Old 03-22-20, 04:07 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,250 Times in 15,416 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

https://babylonbee.com/news/springbr...fP0IDreQ8XdweQ
Great satire.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 10:51 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Number of Cases 947
Deaths 21 here

as i expected, exponential function, spreading rate is not linear thats why heavy measurements must be taken

government just announced yesterday curfew for people 65 years old and above
today police arrested few elderly people

i really don't know what is wrong with old people here, younger people take situation more serious
Prisons are releasing inmates early to minimize the spread of the virus.

So yeah, what a great idea, arrest those who are at higher risk and put them
in the prisons. Argh!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-23-20), someothertime (03-23-20), stef (03-24-20)
Old 03-23-20, 03:03 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,909 Times in 8,024 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Prisons are releasing inmates early to minimize the spread of the virus.

So yeah, what a great idea, arrest those who are at higher risk and put them
in the prisons. Argh!
They said on the news that Harvey Weinstein has it. I sure hope they donít release him anytime soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-23-20), Little Missy (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
They said on the news that Harvey Weinstein has it. I sure hope they donít release him anytime soon.
They dayum well better not! Bill Cosby either!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-23-20), Little Missy (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 08:57 PM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 2,202 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

So I got my groceries from Safeway. It was just as I worried, they didn't deliver half my main ingredients cause they were sold out. Now I'm gonna have to go to a different grocery store in person to pick up those missing items.

That said, I'm gonna try another store's app next time cause if it did work, man would it be nice not to have to go to the grocery store.

My local city's reddit sub posted about which stores seemed to not miss items so I'm gonna try that store (it's a local store that's only in my state).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-24-20), namazu (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 09:36 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
So I got my groceries from Safeway. It was just as I worried, they didn't deliver half my main ingredients cause they were sold out. Now I'm gonna have to go to a different grocery store in person to pick up those missing items.

That said, I'm gonna try another store's app next time cause if it did work, man would it be nice not to have to go to the grocery store.

My local city's reddit sub posted about which stores seemed to not miss items so I'm gonna try that store (it's a local store that's only in my state).
We picked up our first order from our local big chain grocery store this afternoon. We got about half of what we ordered.

Surprisingly, they had chicken breasts (which had been completely wiped out last time I was actually in the store), but they didn't have any of the produce or almond milk I'd hoped they might. Still, I'm counting it as a win.

Will try another store in the same chain, or a different chain, or a different date, and hope they'll have produce.

I tried to tip the associate who put stuff in my trunk, but she said they weren't allowed to accept tips, which stinks. If anyone's earning it right now, it's these folks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-25-20), Lunacie (03-24-20), stef (03-24-20)
Old 03-24-20, 05:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My brother is an ICU nurse. I was having a conversation via text with him yesterday. He is staying with a coworker in her condo near the hospital so he wont expose my mom, his husband or anyone else to covid19. He firmly believes he has been exposed already or that he will probably end up getting sick. I live in NJ and even though we are third in the nation for positive cases and deaths we are not as big as NY or CA so we often get left out of the big discussions. When you hear cable news channels talk about PPE and hospital shortages you often hear about the big cities and big states. NJ is a little state but we are the most densely populated. I know our governer is supposed to be lobbying for our healthcare workers and I hope people dont look at NJ as disposable. This is a screen shot of something he said to me.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-25-20), Little Missy (03-24-20), Lunacie (03-24-20), namazu (03-24-20), stef (03-24-20), tudorose (03-24-20)
Old 03-26-20, 08:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

I just found out last night that a friend of mine *tony* died of covid19 and his wife and kids are hospitalized with it. When I was a freshman in college we were inseparable. Late night talks, heck we even slept over in each others'dorms. I had a BF and he had a GF but we surely walked the line. If either of us had been the cheating type it would have been a mess. We went to meals together. Had a few classes together. I met my husband at the end of my freshman year and immediately fell in love with him and knew I would marry him. We were inseparable too. It turns out he went to school with tony which is something I had no idea about. Tony was an awesome guy. Friends with everyone, made everyone feel special. I got married at the end of my sophmore year in the summer and he was invited to the wedding. Ironically he caught the garter! I have picture of him in my wedding album. We kept in basic tough here or there but life goes on so I really only knew what he was up to from a distance. My friends last night were in a group chat and told me about his death. And about his family. I am so upset. Not only because of my friendship with him, however distant but because he is 46, my husband's age. He has two kids. He was young and successful. I am so angry at the messages from the powers that be saying that this only affects older people over age 60 and that younger people have mild symptoms. 40% of the hospital cases in the UK I believe are under age 60. yesterday on my facebook I posted 8 stories about young people dying of the virus and they were all in their 30's and 2 were in their 20's, 1 was under 18. I am convinced there is an ulterior motive to saying that older people are the only ones at risk.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-26-20), Little Missy (03-26-20), namazu (03-26-20), stef (03-26-20), tudorose (03-27-20)
Old 03-26-20, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I just found out last night that a friend of mine *tony* died of covid19 and his wife and kids are hospitalized with it. When I was a freshman in college we were inseparable. Late night talks, heck we even slept over in each others'dorms. I had a BF and he had a GF but we surely walked the line. If either of us had been the cheating type it would have been a mess. We went to meals together. Had a few classes together. I met my husband at the end of my freshman year and immediately fell in love with him and knew I would marry him. We were inseparable too. It turns out he went to school with tony which is something I had no idea about. Tony was an awesome guy. Friends with everyone, made everyone feel special. I got married at the end of my sophmore year in the summer and he was invited to the wedding. Ironically he caught the garter! I have picture of him in my wedding album. We kept in basic tough here or there but life goes on so I really only knew what he was up to from a distance. My friends last night were in a group chat and told me about his death. And about his family. I am so upset. Not only because of my friendship with him, however distant but because he is 46, my husband's age. He has two kids. He was young and successful. I am so angry at the messages from the powers that be saying that this only affects older people over age 60 and that younger people have mild symptoms. 40% of the hospital cases in the UK I believe are under age 60. yesterday on my facebook I posted 8 stories about young people dying of the virus and they were all in their 30's and 2 were in their 20's, 1 was under 18. I am convinced there is an ulterior motive to saying that older people are the only ones at risk.
I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sure it feels like a loss even though you and
your friend weren't as close as you had been.

My daughter is 47 and works with the public (pawn shop) and I worry that
she will pick up the virus and get sick. If she didn't need to be hospitalized
it would be up to me to care for her and I'm at-risk myself due to my age
and underlying health issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-26-20), namazu (03-26-20), stef (03-26-20)
Old 03-26-20, 03:09 PM

Thanked 23,060 Times in 12,331 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

GAWD, you all make me feel so guilty! The 4 cases in my county are well now and cleared. There are a few cases in other counties, but this is such a big state.

The news is getting crazier.

Still in lockdown here and safe so far.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-26-20), namazu (03-26-20)
Old 03-26-20, 04:41 PM

My daughter (47) has been so worried about me. I'm 69, have asthma and
fibromyalgia, and recently had kidney failure.

I've been worried about her because she works with the public (pawn shop).
So far no one at her job has gotten sick.

But like me, her allergies are bad right now. When I cough with the asthma
she asks if I'm running a fever. Now she's coughing because the allergies are
causing post-nasal drip. But wondering if it's a virus cough.

And . . . the convenience store she and my granddaughter stopped at on
Saturday has been closed because one of the employees there has the virus!

My bonus family has also been in that store in the last week! I'm trying to
just breathe and not freak out. What if my whole family comes down with
this horrible virus?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-26-20), Little Missy (03-26-20), namazu (03-26-20), stef (03-26-20)