ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-20, 05:10 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I got Handsy to take me to gather the things I need to make my cocoa buttermilk "funeral cake" for John's wife. I know where everything is in every store and the moment I'd hit a bare naked aisle it would disorient me so badly. I bought over $50 worth of nothing even related to a cake!

Same I got so depressed in the grocery store the other day
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-22-20), Little Missy (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20), stef (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 05:28 AM

Thanked 23,060 Times in 12,331 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk View Post
Same I got so depressed in the grocery store the other day
We went to all three stores here and not a one even had a bag of flour or sugar! After all that and three hours later of me staring and wandering around, I came home and took my xanax and went to bed.

Then I realized that I actually have everything here and I can make my own buttermilk. duh!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-22-20), kwalk (03-22-20), Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20), stef (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 06:16 AM

Thanked 27,814 Times in 13,426 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

my comment above was really for the local stores, I'm pretty sure it's another story in the big walmart-size stores.

I'm avoiding my usual mid-sized grocery store and to get to any big store, I would have to take public transportation, so NO.

the thing is, French people as a group tend to be "reserved" and cynical think for example, that the kind of emotional stuff in the US is over-the-top and sentimental . lots of management techniques just don't work here. But when something happens, people are extremely connected and deeply moved. both good and bad events,how people came together after January 2015 and then the Bataclan.

and also fonder memories, the 1998 and 2018 world cups.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-22-20), Little Missy (03-22-20), Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-20, 11:28 AM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I want to give this cake to his family, and it is really easy, but I just don't want to do the preparation.

I have to get all of the baking dishes out of the oven first. It'll smell good in here baking.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20), stef (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 12:50 PM

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I just googled this and "buttermilk" can be made with vinegar or lemon juice.

For YEARS, I thought it was some product I simply would never find here, like condensed soup and ranch dressing mix. I didn't even know what it was! I thought it was something like extremely rich cream.

Well, I have some extra time for baking these days...
now, what else goes into " buttermilk biscuits" ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Ok, I just googled this and "buttermilk" can be made with vinegar or lemon juice.

For YEARS, I thought it was some product I simply would never find here, like condensed soup and ranch dressing mix. I didn't even know what it was! I thought it was something like extremely rich cream.

Well, I have some extra time for baking these days...
now, what else goes into " buttermilk biscuits" ?
Google!

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 01:04 PM

BISCUITS tomorrow!
I just need lemon juice and butter ��
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
kwalk (03-22-20), Little Missy (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 04:31 PM

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

I’m more scared than most days today.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (03-22-20), Little Missy (03-22-20), Lunacie (03-22-20), namazu (03-22-20), stef (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 05:02 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
just take take precautions and relax, stressing is bad for immunity
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (03-22-20)
Old 03-23-20, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
BISCUITS tomorrow!
I just need lemon juice and butter ��
Well, it is finally in the oven and it is HOT in here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I hope you are feeling a bit better today!

I am a little bit, but that can change in an instant.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
kwalk (03-24-20), Lunacie (03-23-20), namazu (03-23-20), stef (03-23-20), TygerSan (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 06:01 AM

It may be hot in here, but it smells SO good.

I'm going to make a poppyseed cake too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-23-20), namazu (03-23-20), Rebelyell (03-23-20), someothertime (03-23-20), stef (03-24-20), TygerSan (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 10:37 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,585 Times in 5,483 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Facebook is both a blessing and a curse these days. I’ve taken to posting at least one thought a day and have been commenting a lot more on other posts.

The upside is that I’m connecting with folks....

The downside is people think they can say whatever they want hidden behind a keyboard.

I’m not in it to have contentious political discussions, but sitting on my hands is getting harder to do ( especially when some comments are on a post that I made).

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-23-20), namazu (03-23-20), Rebelyell (03-23-20), stef (03-23-20)
Old 03-24-20, 11:48 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,615 Times in 816 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I still get annoyed when I see an invisible "1 More" like on a post of a friend or page because I know it's likely from someone who blocked me.

I seem to enter a victim mentality in which I feel re-victimized and start blaming myself for that person's actions. I had to slap myself silly, like "No, you didn't make this person do anything to you. You don't make others act like jerks, they choose to act that way". Good thoughts to have, I was feeling like emailing this jerk to say "Stop liking posts that have few likes, seeing the likes of you reminds me you're still a jerk. If you want to block me from your life, you should block yourself from my life by not showing up in mine!" ...and I was also feeling like saying that his annoying likes "make" me annoyed and want tell him about it... but I guess that logic doesn't work after thinking earlier said thought.

Another helpful thing I remind myself is that not only do I not have to let this person control how I feel, but it's very unlikely this person has any intention of trying to control me.

Plus, I can use this an opportunity to prove that this person isn't in control by not reacting to him anymore. I can embrace my own freedom

I'm starting to notice I have a "what if this person is trying to control me" fear in my head, but I've learned something recently... instead of asking what if, say even if...
Even if someone were trying to control me, that doesn't mean I cant strive to be free.

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 03-24-20 at 12:17 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-24-20), midnightstar (03-28-20), namazu (03-24-20), stef (03-28-20)
Old 03-28-20, 09:56 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 24,024 Times in 14,192 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

i'm scared, Tigger's sick, seeing the vet with her on monday
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-28-20), Lunacie (03-28-20), stef (03-28-20)