ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-20, 04:30 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,615 Times in 816 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

I was catching up on a family vlog channel to see what their kids would be doing during the quarantine only to get disappointed by a video about how the mom's grandma died... she was so hesitant to talk about it that I think I missed the part where she actually said "My grandma died"... I don't think she ever said it, but it appears to be implied (she said something to the effect of death is something you expect coming for someone in their 90s and already in poor health)... it would be silly to be grieving a death that never happened.

I'm not trying to sound apathetic, to the contrary, I'm just expressing my amazement of how grief can make it so hard to communicate what you want to say. I know that feeling too, I've experienced grief that was so deep that it was hard to share too. I can totally get what she was saying about not being able to share a something until after having some time to process.
Lunacie (03-24-20), mctavish23 (03-25-20), namazu (03-24-20), stef (03-25-20)
Old 03-24-20, 07:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,493 Times in 12,798 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Just letting you know I'm still here. It's spring in Kansas, allergies and crazy
weather changes are giving me migraines - the worst I've had in months.
I don't like to take meds every day because there can be rebound migraines.
But ... every day bad migraines.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-25-20), mctavish23 (03-25-20), namazu (03-24-20), stef (03-25-20)
Old 03-25-20, 03:30 PM

Thanked 10,460 Times in 3,284 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Today, is my 32nd Recovery birthday (03/25/88).

I'm blessed to be alive and grateful for my new life.

I also very much appreciate all the support I've received from the Forum.

tc

Robert
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-25-20), Little Missy (03-25-20), Lunacie (03-25-20), namazu (03-25-20), stef (03-25-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-20, 04:14 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,818 Times in 10,994 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
Today, is my 32nd Recovery birthday (03/25/88).

I'm blessed to be alive and grateful for my new life.

I also very much appreciate all the support I've received from the Forum.

tc

Robert
That's fantastic, Robert! May you continue to enjoy good health and happiness.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-25-20), mctavish23 (03-25-20), stef (03-25-20)
Old 03-27-20, 11:17 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

What is this "energy" people speak of when talking about introversion, extroversion, or ambiversion?

For me, choosing to socialize or withdraw has nothing to do with energy. I don't feel energized or drained either way.

Edit: I suppose I was never interested in really connecting with others to really find out my limits.... but I've noticed I do get annoyed when people interrupt my alone time, so maybe I really am an introvert... but it doesn't explain why I can be so chatty when I am talking with others.

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 03-27-20 at 11:33 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-27-20)
Old 03-30-20, 09:16 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

So I'm still playing this game called "who will like this friend's post first, me or the person who blocked me" and I lose again... well I tried commenting and having this friend post back so maybe it reappears in the feed of the person who blocked me just to annoy him... naah, he'll probably never see it or if he does, probably couldn't care less..

.... I got issues, I know.
namazu (03-30-20)
Old 03-30-20, 11:06 PM

Thanked 2,120 Times in 1,202 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

I haven't been on here in forever.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-31-20), Lunacie (03-31-20), midnightstar (03-31-20), namazu (03-30-20), stef (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 03:35 AM

Thanked 27,814 Times in 13,426 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicNate View Post
hey, welcome back
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-31-20), mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 12:06 PM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 12,798 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not quite forever, but anyway, welcome back!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 07:38 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 24,024 Times in 14,192 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Welcome back
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 10:39 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,909 Times in 8,024 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

The name covid19 keeps popping up in my head even when I’m focused on something else. My taxes aren’t due until July 15th now so, my anxiety levels are lower. It’s been replaced with information seeking and growing concern for the virus.

What’s really F’d up is my job is considered “essential” because we sell industrial maintenance coatings to a Naval Defence contractor. They use them for maintaining one of their facilities only and they are shut down right now. Because they sent a list of all their vendors to the Feds. we are required to be open during a mandated shutdown, should one be imposed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-01-20), Lunacie (04-01-20), mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (03-31-20), stef (04-01-20)
Old 04-02-20, 11:17 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Greyhound1 (04-02-20), mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (04-02-20), Rebelyell (04-02-20), stef (04-02-20)
Old 04-02-20, 03:15 PM

Thanked 12,103 Times in 6,279 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Can anxiety get so overwhelming you feel dizzy like room is spinning?? Not long term just like momentarily per se
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-02-20), Little Missy (04-02-20), Lunacie (04-03-20), mctavish23 (04-02-20), namazu (04-02-20)
Old 04-02-20, 03:23 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,818 Times in 10,994 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Can anxiety get so overwhelming you feel dizzy like room is spinning?? Not long term just like momentarily per se
Yes.

Can also be other things (some not-necessarily-corona viruses, dehydration, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, Meniere's disease, etc.)

How are you feeling now?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-02-20), Little Missy (04-02-20), mctavish23 (04-02-20), stef (04-03-20)
Old 04-02-20, 05:01 PM

Thanked 10,460 Times in 3,284 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

You know it's bad when you start watching Telenova / Mexican soap operas

and you don't speak Spanish

Arrgh

Robert
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-02-20), Little Missy (04-02-20), Lunacie (04-03-20), namazu (04-02-20), TurtleBrain (04-02-20)