ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-20, 02:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,250 Times in 15,416 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
So angry at people and their lack of regard for their fellow humans. RANT!

This obviously is about the coronavirus. I was so pi**ed when I read that in my state (NJ) even though Atlantic City cancelled their St Patty's day parade, bars and clubs were all open with drink specials and even local government people were celebrating! I don't live there but its all over. In my local FB group someone asked if there were any St Patty's day things going on and a bar I live near proceeded to list their drink specials. I commented that you can also get a "corona special" there.

My daughter has chronic lymes and is 8 months pregnant. Oh, so you think it's just an old persons's problem? What will you say if my daughter gets sick?

I am going to be out of TP soon because I wasn't *****lish enough to wipe out a store. What then? My daughter has no bread, no meat and took 2 rolls of my paper. I plan on showing up at the store today at 6am to get what I need. Even though I feel a sense of urgency I do not plan on knocking people over and grabbing all I see, if there is anything to grab.
My other daughter has psorisis which is autoimmune. What will you say to me if she gets sick because you are too selfish to follow directions? Because you are too selfish and ignorant to stop your stupid life long enough to heed expert guidelines? Don't you know they nicknamed this virus "Boomer remover"? What do you think that means you jerk?

Oh, well its only people over age 60 and they must have health issues that are all their faults so tough on them for dying. Disposable to you I suppose.
Really? So the 50 year old woman with no health issues that died here must not matter?
You bunch of hoarding horrible people!
Selfish and gloating and price gouging buttheads!

When your family members get sick from YOU because YOU had to go to a bar what will you have to say then????

I'm sorry you guys, I never get wound up about people like this and I am not an alarmist. You know what I am? I am someone who reads the science. I understand infectious diseases and viruses and I know that its not about who gets sick, its about how they get sick, and how to stop other people from getting sick. It is all of our responsibility to help other vunerable people stay well. If the hospitals get flooded with sick people what happens when my daughter goes into labor?
Her hospital already changed their policy and is not letting anyone else but the partner and 1 person in the delivery room. What if they change that to partner only? Then I miss the birth of my grandson?

It isn't like they stopped the transit and deliveries of goods to us but no matter, when the TP comes in I guess its a free for all.
My daughter belongs to mom groups. Do you know their are people in some areas that bought up all the baby food and formula and are reselling it to people that just need their regular amount?
Think about it. An average mom shops on Sunday but Weds. people decided to go nuts and she didnt realize. So she shops Sunday and can't get formula for her baby.
My daughter gets WIC and had to use her checks up yesterday which meant two gallons of milk. She had to argue and fight with the store manager to allow her to get the two gallons because they had to limit what people bought because of the hoarding. I can't take it anymore.

Ok, I guess I'm done. Feel free to add on to this if you want or just give me a hug and tell me it will all be ok.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-16-20), Lunacie (03-16-20), namazu (03-16-20), someothertime (03-23-20), stef (03-16-20), Stevuke79 (03-28-20), tudorose (03-24-20), TygerSan (03-16-20)
Old 03-16-20, 03:56 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,817 Times in 10,993 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So angry at people and their lack of regard for their fellow humans. RANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
just give me a hug and tell me it will all be ok.
We will muddle through this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-16-20), sarahsweets (03-17-20), stef (03-16-20), TygerSan (03-16-20)
Old 03-16-20, 04:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,814 Times in 13,426 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I now have to stay away from buzzfeed, there were pictures of people lining up to get into the bars for st patrick's day, among other disturbing images.

The everyday acts of kindness aren't making the news.

I went to the little covenience grocery store yesterday, which was just the regular sunday shoppers. the employees are nice friendly casual guys, an older regular customer on crutches was ahead of me. the cashier seemed surprised to see her and slipped into the more formal french mode, "good morning madam, how are you today"? , asked if she had everything and she said yes but (wistfully), i'd have really liked some of those plums. so, he left the till, went and got her the plums and bagged her groceries, and no one in line was annoyed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-16-20), Lizzie80 (03-20-20), Lunacie (03-16-20), namazu (03-16-20), sarahsweets (03-17-20), TygerSan (03-16-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-20, 07:14 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,585 Times in 5,483 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Sarah, you just said everything that’s been ******* me off for the last couple of days. I am not sitting here at home, not working, for ****s and giggles.

Reading Facebook right now makes me want to punch strangers in the face and shake sense into acquaintances.

“The executive order barring gatherings doesn’t start till Monday, so here are pictures of me and 3 of my best friends standing arm-in-arm at a crowded bar” (No, Karen. The time to start was yesterday, before community spread was confirmed).

“Day one of social distancing...here’s a picture of my daughter having a play date with three of the neighbor kids”

“Lol! All y’all gettin so upset over just the flu.” (yeah, Bob, because you’re the brightest bulb in the bunch...also, I hope you don’t spread this to your grandmother).

I’ve always been rather allergic to ignorance. Now I’m beginning to wonder how stupid we really are as a species.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-16-20), sarahsweets (03-17-20), stef (03-16-20)
Old 03-16-20, 10:13 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 12,798 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they cancelled Wichita's St. Paddy's Day Parade, but all the morons who
felt cheated out of a celebration got dressed up and gathered in Delano District
anyway, hit the bars, and possibly spread the coronavirus as well as other germs.

I haven't been out of the house for over a week except to do drive thru food
once. My daughter doesn't need the stress of worrying over me. I'm 69, have
asthma, and had kidney failure from a horrible virus back in November. My
18 year old granddaughter has diabetes so she's also at risk.

As for the hand sanitizer, if you have to sell it for more than 10 times what you
bought it for to make a profit, that's price gouging in my opinion, whether the
government has officially called it that or not.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-20, 10:41 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like there are still good people out there, people who do get it. Just saw
this in my local news ... awesome ...

Quote:
app-facebook
RePerks Coffee Shop
11 hours ago
Dear Great Bend and surrounding communities,

With Kansas closing schools temporarily, we understand that this may cause difficulties for some of the families in our community and those surrounding us.
If you’re worried about your children being able to have a decent lunch, please stop by RePerks in Great Bend for a free, to go, sack lunch containing a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie. We are dedicated to the community and will do everything possible to help get through this, together, as a community.

These sack lunches will be available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Dennis Crouse Owner
Re-Perks
1216 Main St. (downtown Great Bend)

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-20, 12:28 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 24,023 Times in 14,191 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs for you, sarah
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-16-20), sarahsweets (03-17-20)
Old 03-16-20, 12:38 PM

Thanked 12,103 Times in 6,279 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

People's true colors are coming out..sadder is when a crisis brings out the worst in people and they aren't even embarrassed or phased by their poor behavior..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-16-20), midnightstar (03-18-20), namazu (03-16-20), sarahsweets (03-17-20), stef (03-17-20)
Old 03-17-20, 07:07 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Well Here's an UPDATE:

Its like my worst fears came true. My daughter (8 months along) called me yesterday and told me she was feeling sick. Stuffy, sore throat and thought she had a fever but didnt have a thermometer. I asked her if she felt so sick that she needed to go somewhere and she said no. I asked if her boyfriend could go buy a thermometer but he still hasnt straightend out his license yet so I told them to just stay in. (this was in the morning)He works for Wayfair and they sent everyone home Sunday night. I checked in with her around noon and called and woke her up and she didnt sound too good but said everything was fine. NJ instituted a curfew so at 630p she calls and asks me to bring the thermometer. I told her to wait for me in her car and my brother had given me a mask (he is an ICU nurse) and I had gloves and alcohol swabs for the thermometer. I took her temp and at that point it was 99.6 so a low grade temp but she has never handled any elevated temp well. (she also has chronic lymes). I am not a doctor. I told her to call his service, explain what was going on and see what he says. I told her DO NOT show up at an urgent care. If she is sick she exposes people and if they are sick she gets exposed.

The doc told her to go to the ER and called ahead to let them know she was coming. I advised her to have the BF go in and tell them who she was and who sent her to see how they wanted her to enter. They got her into isolation. Masked up and they suited up. They checked the baby and he was ok. The did a flu test because even though she had a shot there in another strain. (I have seen flu and this was not it). Later on they came in an told her that they would not test her for corona because she was not over 60, she hadnt flown and she wasn't knowingly exposed. This, even though the BF had someone in one of the warehouses test positive. And his mother's boss test positive. She said they were at a loss and she felt bad for the staff. She could tell that they wanted to be able to test her and figure it out but thanks to the "powers that be" there are not enough tests. Even though 7 pregant women have tested positive, even though we just had an ER doc who is 43 and healthy die from the virus- the archaic unprepared health system around here has no idea what to do and has to follow the health boards' protocol. NJ nearly trippled in positives yesterday.
I asked them if they told her to quarantine and she said they didnt use those exact words, almost like they were trying to avoid saying them but advised her to stay home which I know makes sense. I called the BF while they were there and told him to try and nail them down more specifically. So he said : " So its ok if she visits her mom and dad or my dad because she cant spread anything dangerous right?" And they sort of tripped over their words and said no that is not what they meant. They told her it was best if she didnt interact with anyone at all, even her upcoming check up until all her symptoms went away. Now what the hell does that mean?

I got a late night text when she was released that I saw this morning and she said they thought she "might have a UTI". I plan on asking her did she or didnt she because they can see that and would have sent her a script or given her one. She is obviously asleep since I have seen this but I told her to call me and I will drop off the toilet paper I have for her and go get her script filled. I feel bad for all the healthcare workers and hospitals because its not their fault. They dont want to commit because what if they are wrong? Worse, what if they are right? They need those beds for critical patients and I get that. I get that most people have mild symptoms and I am not even sure if she is considered a part of the vunerable population or not. I do not know what governments expect these front line workers to do, especially if they have pretty good suspicions or gut instincts. I hope I advised her well, and her doctor is the one who made the determination for her to get checked but its so scary to do all the right things and protect yourself and the public as best you can and then given no reassurance other than to call if symptoms get worse. I am done running around to stores I got what I needed for a few days. I have to drop my son's car off at the shop for car repairs and then I will either pick up any scripts she has and drop them or pick them up if they were already sent over.

I am not an irrational person. I wasnt in a panic yesterday. I did everything at the crack of dawn and stayed home after. But what will people have to do? None of us have deep freezers where we can store months of food. I will need stuff for dinner in about 5 days time and I hope by then they have some kinks worked out. NJ had its first store with an armed guard and special hours for over 60 people and healthcare workers and I think this should be done everywhere in addition to limiting the amount one person can buy of things.

I mean I am so unsure. Did I tell her the right thing? Did I follow the right protocol? Am I overeacting? I have been playing the second guessing game all night.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-17-20), midnightstar (03-18-20), namazu (03-17-20), stef (03-17-20), TygerSan (03-17-20)
Old 03-17-20, 08:41 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,585 Times in 5,483 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that’s disconcerting and stressful, Sarah. I’m sorry ::hugs::

I sorely wish we had testing widely available so folks aren’t flying blind.

Personally, I would be practicing self-isolation as much as possible over the next 2 weeks or so.

As an aside, I know you’re taking things seriously, and the fact that you’re thinking the way you are encourages me...

But, I also know that others aren’t, and without the positive test, they are going to keep spreading crap around.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-17-20), midnightstar (03-18-20), namazu (03-17-20)
Old 03-17-20, 08:49 AM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 2,202 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

I don't think you're overreacting at all. And I don't know if you did all of the right things but it sure sounds like you did more of the right things than most people would have.

I can't remember, is your son a low carb vegan and are you trying to shop for his meals as well?

I think I'm gonna ask about long lasting low carb vegan meals recommendations in that coronavirus thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-17-20)
Old 03-17-20, 10:25 AM

I haven't heard how our local ER is handing patients who may have this virus.

The clinic my grandkids have always gone to is rescheduling patients, well visits
in the morning and sick visits in the afternoon. Then the cleaning staff does a
thorough cleaning before they open the next morning.

I put in a call to the nurse line at my clinic yesterday asking to have a script
for an inhaler. Allergies are making me having asthma attacks again, which had
not been a real problem for 20 years, since I divorced the smoker.

I haven't heard about our big chain grocery store, don't know what they are
doing besides extra cleaning. Dollar General stores are setting aside the first
hour of business for seniors who need to shop. But my daughter was in there
a few days ago and watched the cashier lick her thumb to separate money.
Ugh.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-17-20), stef (03-17-20)
Old 03-18-20, 03:54 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

I don't think you're overreacting at all. And I don't know if you did all of the right things but it sure sounds like you did more of the right things than most people would have.

I can't remember, is your son a low carb vegan and are you trying to shop for his meals as well?

I think I'm gonna ask about long lasting low carb vegan meals recommendations in that coronavirus thread.
No he is not a lo carb vegan and he does eat some fish. Ironically as far as frozen veggie meals go, they do not seem as cleaned out as everything else. I was able to buy frozen fish and impossible burger "meats".

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-19-20), namazu (03-18-20)
Old 03-23-20, 06:37 AM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,998 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

~ SB_UK ~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to someothertime For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-23-20), stef (03-23-20)
Old 03-23-20, 11:49 AM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,251 Times in 2,596 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hearing accounts of older people getting threatened by younger people by being coughed at and others are licking products in stores. Globally they're saying that crowds are spitting at officers that are trying to break up the corona virus parties. I just don't get it. My daughter is at risk as well and I totally get where you're coming from. Wth people.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-23-20), midnightstar (03-28-20), namazu (03-23-20), stef (03-23-20)