ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-03-14, 02:47 AM

MissMoni is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedelvis View Post
I'm back on the Sandoz hunt after having a relatively consistent supply from an actual knowledgeable and caring Pharmacist who would order it for me. She got hired away to a Beverly Hills Pharmacy that somehow gets away with selling everything at top retail price. I have not found any place that has the Sandoz 30mg consistently. Now every two months I spend a day or more driving around from Pharmacy to Pharmacy

Of all the boards that have a similar Generic Adderall discussion, this is my favorite and I'll ask you good folks who have been online recently:

1. Is there a site or a forum here or anywhere that tracks where certain brands are available? I'd be happy to post when and where I find Adderall available.

2. I'm in California. Anyone know of any place that gets Sandoz regularly or even sometimes? The only place I've found it sometimes is CVS and of the roughly 30 different pharmacies I visit, I'm told that the distributor brings them Sandoz or Teva/Barr and they have no control over it.

Thanks and stay focused!
Hello, I'm in California about 50 miles away. I always go to this Small Pharmacy called Bright Pharmacy. Check if there is one by you. Go to the small pharmacies. :-)
Old 02-03-14, 02:48 AM

MissMoni is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiminFL View Post
New here - but have been taking generic Adderall for 10 years. From what I can remember, I think I've always taken the Barr/Teva brand (orange footballs, I like to call them).. However - the last couple of years, I have noticed a real difference in the effectiveness of my meds. They just don't work like they used to. I've read through most of this thread -- so I am wondering if my issue is the MEDICATION itself (changing formulas/bad batches, etc. ).

My doctor obviously isn't aware of these issues - because all that he's done over the past 3 years is increase the dosage -- which didn't help at all.

I'm wondering if I should try to switch to the Sandoz version -- a quick google search earlier, has "everyone" saying that Sandoz is far better than the Teva...

Any updates on all of this info and/or advice?

Thanks

SANDOZ is the only one that lasts long.
Old 02-04-14, 02:43 PM
Contributor

dbellca82 has a spectacular aura aboutdbellca82 has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

I take the adderall 20mg instant release tablets & have been accustomed for past year or so to getting the Teva brand, which has some sachrin mixed in and they are slightly oval. These are very easy to break in half with no issue if I want to divide into 2 10's. Currently it seems the Teva's are not available therefore what is the replacement is the (mallinckrodt) white octagon pills. Normally I wouldn't have an issue put these put together quite poorly. You can't use a pill cutter or they will just disintegrate literally into piece, I had to call the pharmacist to tell me how to break into. Which still is hit or miss and never even & always jagged, powdered and the pill barely holding together. Hopefully teva comes back soon.

Here's pic of the Teva's & Mallinckrodt's

Teva's are the oval shaped orange/pinkish & Mallinckrodt's are the white
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adderall 20mg.jpg (93.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DrugItem_3816.jpg (17.1 KB, 7 views)

1 mg methylphenidate = 0.5 mg D-amphetamine = 0.5 - 0.75 mg Adderall

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry, alcohol is a solution.

Last edited by dbellca82; 02-04-14 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: add photos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbellca82 For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14), mollymae76 (02-27-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-14, 02:25 AM
Contributor

Arei is a name known to allArei is a name known to allArei is a name known to allArei is a name known to allArei is a name known to allArei is a name known to all

We're still getting Teva at my pharmacy, but I think that there currently is a shortage, yeah.

I had no idea the IR 20s had sachrin in them. Now I know why they probably made me so sick!

Old 02-13-14, 09:11 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

Did they tell you there is another shortage????
Old 02-27-14, 02:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

mollymae76 will become famous soon enough

Maybe a shortage would explain why walmart switched to mallinckrodt instead which isn't cool.
Old 03-13-14, 06:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

den4 has disabled reputation

Sandoz gives me chest pain. Anyone else get this? I lowered the dose and same outcome.
Old 03-18-14, 12:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

mollymae76 will become famous soon enough

So...updates from anyone? Where are you guys filling prescriptions now? What are you getting? I'm really looking forward to finishing these stupid, crumbly mallenkrodt ones.
Old 03-31-14, 04:09 PM

adhd123456 is on a distinguished road

patient should always start with lowest dose and observe adrs
Old 04-05-14, 07:02 PM

ivycos1 is on a distinguished road

I am very upset- i cannot find a pharmacy yet that will fill my prescription for generic adderal 20 mg. they look at me like a criminal. i take my medicine as prescribed. What can i do to get my prescription filled? I live in Florida. I am on SSI for ADHD and other conditions and am suffering without my medication
Old 04-13-14, 02:48 AM

IUHoosierAlum is on a distinguished road

I'm in Illinois, but here I get my prescription filled at Target for the 20mg generic and I've never had an issue.

That said...since my dosage got switched to 20mg, the manufacturer switched from Teva to Corepharma...and ever since, I feel like it's not working much at all. I do notice that I feel more tired once the dosage wears off, but other than that, I've been much more distracted and unable to focus - as I was before I started taking Adderall! It is good to know I'm not the only one having issues with this particular generic. I think I'll try filling my next prescription elsewhere - somewhere that carries Teva, which worked well for me before - and see if that helps.
Old 04-16-14, 06:06 PM

thething313 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivycos1 View Post
I am very upset- i cannot find a pharmacy yet that will fill my prescription for generic adderal 20 mg. they look at me like a criminal. i take my medicine as prescribed. What can i do to get my prescription filled? I live in Florida. I am on SSI for ADHD and other conditions and am suffering without my medication

That is a large problem that I had when i lived in FL. that upset me to no end. I personally am not a professional, however, I would think that it is against some kind of law for them to refuse your refill just because "they dont like it"....Not going to lie, there is not a single pharm tech or pharmacist that I dealt with in fla that I didnt want to hit in the face.
The Following User Says Thank You to thething313 For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14)
Old 04-22-14, 01:43 PM

inbetweenshades will become famous soon enough

I'm still taking the Sandoz, 10 milligrams, but I'm down to one pharmacy in my area that will fill it. And it's VERY expensive for Adderall. The only difference that I have noticed of late is that sometimes, it makes me clench my jaw, which can cause pretty nasty headaches. Excedrine Migraine, (which is mostly caffeine and aspirin,) seems to fix that, but of course, you have to wait a bit to take it to avoid feeling over amped.

As for finding it, my doctor suggested calling Sandoz directly to find out where to get it, and I did that. However, they can only tell you which distributors they sell to, then you have to ask the pharmacy who their distributors are in order to find out who can order it, if they don't have it in stock. It's a pain, but it's worth it.
I imagine the same would hold true for any other brand. Contact the maker directly, and go from there.

And yes, I believe that Teva bought out Barr not too long ago, and I THINK Corr Pharma too, but I'm not 100% on that.
Old 04-22-14, 03:45 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Traveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to all

I take a generic Adderall by Core Pharma. I've tried San Doz and Teva before but prefer the Corepharma. I don't get the typical nasty side effects while on Corepharma. Also, the Corepharma pills split real nice.

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.
Old 04-26-14, 01:53 PM

johnymondoo is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have experience with the Actavis IR? I just got my refill today and was surprised to see they gave me a tablet I've never seen before. I've used this same pharmacy for almost 2 years and they've been very consistent (always had BARR until about 4 months ago when they started carrying SANDOZ)

There's tons of reviews the Actavis XR (mostly negative) but I cant find anything about the IR version. I'd just like to have an idea of what I'm in for.

Here's what they looks like:
The Following User Says Thank You to johnymondoo For This Useful Post:
Newlydiagnosed (07-31-14)