ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-12-14, 09:35 AM
ADDvanced Member

mollymae76 will become famous soon enough
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnymondoo View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Actavis IR? I just got my refill today and was surprised to see they gave me a tablet I've never seen before. I've used this same pharmacy for almost 2 years and they've been very consistent (always had BARR until about 4 months ago when they started carrying SANDOZ)

There's tons of reviews the Actavis XR (mostly negative) but I cant find anything about the IR version. I'd just like to have an idea of what I'm in for.

Here's what they looks like:
Wondering how these bad boys are working out for ya?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollymae76 For This Useful Post:
codegirl (12-19-15), wonderboy (07-06-14)
Old 06-02-14, 05:28 PM
Jr Member

TheSacredTree is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what could've been my problem here;
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162522

It was on the Barr 10mg IR tabs. Should i just give it another try although it hurt insanely bad or is it a common problem with the Barrs and i should just switch to a new brand?
Old 06-05-14, 10:13 PM
Jr Member

amilertxundi is on a distinguished road

See, reading this, I'm wondering how exactly I can get my refill a CorePharma refill instead of the Barr/Teva refill. I notice a TOTAL difference. I used to get a sort of... kick in the pants, like the medication telling my brain, "HEY. YOU. LISTEN UP. PAY ATTENTION. WORK TO DO." The other is just... ugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to amilertxundi For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-14, 04:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,636 Times in 15,116 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Pharmacists can order whatever brand you want. You just have to talk to them, You may have to wait longer between refills or at least keep doing this every month until your pharmacist realizes you are going to request this every time and decided to order it before you request it each month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilertxundi View Post
See, reading this, I'm wondering how exactly I can get my refill a CorePharma refill instead of the Barr/Teva refill. I notice a TOTAL difference. I used to get a sort of... kick in the pants, like the medication telling my brain, "HEY. YOU. LISTEN UP. PAY ATTENTION. WORK TO DO." The other is just... ugh.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-06-14)
Old 06-06-14, 10:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilertxundi View Post
I know how you feel wanting to try a different generic. Don't get your heart too set on one special, magical brand. I made that mistake with wanting to try sandoz last month. I made it my mission to track that ish down and it's definitely NOT the Holy Grail of alert productivity for me.

Made me want Teva (orange footballs) back. Anyway- costco has corepharma so now I wanna try that. I'm thinking a huge part of this is all my head at this point. Exercise to saturate my blood with oxygen and diet are probably more key than a particular generic. Might be wrong though.

I can be guilty of overthinking. Duh... LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollymae76 For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14), namazu (06-06-14)
Old 06-10-14, 09:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road

Can anyone point me to a pharmacy that has 20mg adderall IR by barr in the Los Angeles area? I usually get mine filled from rite aid but they've had warehouse issues for the last 3 months.
Old 06-13-14, 03:49 AM

adhdicted is on a distinguished road

Looking for Sandoz in San Diego. I've been doing great on Teva but my last fill was December. I just went to cvs for a fill and they had to order so I'm concerned on what I'll be getting. Seems like there's no consistency at all with any of the generics. So what is the hot brand this month?
Old 06-16-14, 03:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdicted View Post
Looking for Sandoz in San Diego. I've been doing great on Teva but my last fill was December. I just went to cvs for a fill and they had to order so I'm concerned on what I'll be getting. Seems like there's no consistency at all with any of the generics. So what is the hot brand this month?
I tried Sandoz last month and honestly, it was not anything special. I've gone back to Teva this month. I think the ease of splitting appeals to me and I feel that they work great. Sandoz just didn't have any kick to me...which right or wrong, I need for motivation to get moving. Once I'm moving I'm good. Just very subtle onset I think with Sandoz and it didn't seem longer lasting. I've only not tried Corpharma now!
Old 06-19-14, 05:50 PM
Jr Member

CosmicDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymae76 View Post
I tried Sandoz last month and honestly, it was not anything special. I've gone back to Teva this month. I think the ease of splitting appeals to me and I feel that they work great. Sandoz just didn't have any kick to me...which right or wrong, I need for motivation to get moving. Once I'm moving I'm good. Just very subtle onset I think with Sandoz and it didn't seem longer lasting. I've only not tried Corpharma now!
It's all about how the drug crosses the blood brain barrier. Everyone is different however for some people Sandoz works a lot better and I believe that is due to the fact that Sandoz has less Inactive ingredients(Fillers/Binders). The biggest thing I've noticed is that the size of the pill has seemed to have a huge impact on the Therapeutic value. My Doc and I have upped my Addy dose three times,

10mg Barr's from Walgreens > 15mg Teva's from Target > 20mg Barr's from WG's

Now it could be that Target has a supplier that has a stricter QC but my theory is that the amount of filler/binder affects the TV of the drug.

15mg Teva's are 3x smaller than 10mg Barr's (20mg Barr's are the same size as 10's)

It makes no sense why a 10mg dose of a drug would be in a larger tablet than 15mg.

With Generic's the best thing you can do is sample around because it could be all in your mind or it could be the inactive ingredients, that's something you have to answer for yourself
Old 06-20-14, 08:36 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Concerning the "quality" of Corepharma as a company, how I wish
more people would read this, an official FDA Warning letter to them

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/Enforcement.../ucm221615.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14)
Old 06-21-14, 09:02 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

What about this new generic for Adderall IR? from Mallinckrodt? I have been taking Adderall IR for years and never been given this brand. I think it is very weak. Horrible. Any thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Cracker (07-05-14)
Old 06-29-14, 10:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

RJV1989 is on a distinguished road

I recently got my generic Adderall refill...the Corepharma 10mg IR...just horrible quality compared the Barr. Love the Barr brand. Anyone else have bad results with Corepharma?
Old 07-05-14, 05:36 AM

Cracker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
What about this new generic for Adderall IR? from Mallinckrodt? I have been taking Adderall IR for years and never been given this brand. I think it is very weak. Horrible. Any thoughts?
I too have been taking adderall for a very long time 14 Years In all that time I have only had one other generic besides the original Sandoz E404 that haven't been seen here for several years. At first I thought the large Pink CorPharma 30mg which I recieved on three occasions from Wal-greens Were those original best affect on treatment, But on all three occasions the ill affects were so strong I reported it to the Pharmacist They were very Harsh acting and more reminiscent of Bathtub Crank than Adderall. They made me jittery and caused me to grind my teeth Like I did when I was accidentally dosed with a coffee pot laced with meth and stayed up 4 days back in 94.

Today I opened a Fresh script from walmart after doing the redicules dance they force us to in Florida now. (My Doctor is 60 miles away in the city I lived in for 10 years and still work in. My work is just accross the river from my Dr. 15 miles However Now because of some stupid Zone policy I can only fill my prescription near my Dr. office or in my resident city 60 iles away But I can't drop it off at the one near my workplace, God forbid I need to stay at the Colorado site more than a month errrgh.) I digress.
The first thought was they had misfilled but upon doing a search I found that I too had been given Mallinckrodt's little bitter dust buster octa-crap and proceeded to split it as I always do with the normal orange Barr / Teva I have grown adjusted to. I exploded in my teeth as I went to crack it as I normally would the oval Barr/Teva it exploded into a mess.
I can't make a judgment just yet on its effectiveness but I am leary of any changes, the chemist don't seem to appreciate the important subtle differences in the formula and from my reading no one in the drug chain appreciates the without hyperactivity diagnoses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cracker For This Useful Post:
mentalfloss (07-14-14)
Old 07-14-14, 03:12 PM

mentalfloss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV1989 View Post
I recently got my generic Adderall refill...the Corepharma 10mg IR...just horrible quality compared the Barr. Love the Barr brand. Anyone else have bad results with Corepharma?
The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. I was used to Barr/Teva and preferred it over other generic Adderall IR tablets. There had been a couple of times where all I could find were either Sandoz or Corepharma and I told my pharmacy to put in my profile that those two generics did not agree with me whatsoever. Well, a few months ago I didn't have any choice but to settle for Corepharma because none of the pharmacies within a 20 mile radius had anything else. At first I was really mad about it and I was also feeling certain side effects from the Corepharma, like headaches, nausea, hunger pangs, and the feeling that I was taking something besides Adderall. However, after a couple of weeks I got used to the Corepharma tabs. I don't know how to explain it but one day the side effects I was experiencing before went away.

My regular pharmacy stayed with the Corepharma tabs for a few months and I didn't mind. However, just last Thursday, the 10th, I went to the doctor and got a refill. I took it to my pharmacy and after one of the pharmacists filled it he said, "There are two different looking pills in there but they are the same thing so don't worry." I knew exactly what he meant. They had switched back to Barr/Teva but still had some Corepharma left. Before the girl could ring me up one of the other pharmacists remembered my preference for Barr/Teva and asked to see the bottle. She then took out any Corepharma tabs and made the whole script Barr/Teva tabs. After I got home, I took one of the Barr/Teva tabs and nothing. Well, not much anyway. Now the Barr/Teva tabs feel weak just like the Corepharma tabs did when I first started on them! I wish the 2nd pharmacist had left some of the Corepharma tabs in there.

I have never in my life been able to tell such a difference between generic prescription drugs. Back when I took opiates, any differences between generic companies wasn't noticeable, at least not to me. The same goes for generic Diazepam. My pharmacy has to use a different generic Diazepam every now and then and they're all the same to me. It's both puzzling and frustrating at the same time.

So if you have to stay on the Corepharma, give it time and it should get better. It did with me.
Old 07-14-14, 04:25 PM

mentalfloss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
I doubt that my doctor will agree that there's a huge difference in the chemical make up of different generics.
Isn't it frustrating when someone who's supposed to be a medical expert, like a doctor, thinks you're delusional or full of crap when you tell them something that you know without a doubt to be true? You said your pharmacist was a little more understanding about it. That's good because I've had a lot of pharmacists tell me, "This generic pill has the same amount of the active ingredient as that generic pill," as if I were a little 5-yr old kid.

Things like that always remind me of the Seinfeld episode where George gets mad at a doctor and starts calling her a "delicate genius." Classic!

Good luck to you...