ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Midwest > Indiana
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-16, 12:21 AM
Contributor

mrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to all
Looking for a doctor who understands ADHD well in South Bend, Indiana or nearby.

I'm moving from California to South Bend, Indiana for medical school, and would be really grateful in help finding a doctor who really gets adult ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD-PI at age 20 and have been treated stably for over 5 years and it really turned my life around and I wouldn't be where I am today without the understand I've been given. I'm really worried about having to switch doctors as some doctors can be very narrow-minded, so I'd really appreciate your help.

Does anyone know any good ADHD doctors in south bend, indiana or nearby that area?
Old 05-21-16, 04:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for a doctor who understands ADHD well in South Bend, Indiana or nearby.

I dont know any but you should get a letter from your current doc outlining your treatment history and plan and a copy of your medical records which you are entitled to so you can at least show the new doc.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
mrh235 (05-21-16)
Old 05-21-16, 06:52 AM
Contributor

mrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to allmrh235 is a name known to all
Re: Looking for a doctor who understands ADHD well in South Bend, Indiana or nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I dont know any but you should get a letter from your current doc outlining your treatment history and plan and a copy of your medical records which you are entitled to so you can at least show the new doc.
Yes, my doctor is going to do the treatment history letter/summary, but won't send full medical records, do you think that'll cause any issue when I see a new doctor?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-16, 09:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/ab...south_bend_in/

Dunno if this helps but google can work
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
mrh235 (05-22-16)