ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 06-23-18, 07:07 PM
Contributor

AlexaN is a jewel in the roughAlexaN is a jewel in the roughAlexaN is a jewel in the rough
Question Looking for a coach experienced with working with executives / managers with ADHD

Hi all,

Been a long time since I stumbled upon the forums.
I am struggling, really bad.
Almost done with 6 months probation period at the best job I ever had, with the best boss who has ADHD himself, but undiagnosed officially and not as bad as mine - and yes, I told him I have it months ago and it did not ruin my career.
But, I am really struggling with time management, emotional regulation and stress management.

I am a mid level executive leading a department. They hired me to build and develop the department from nearly zero - company is huge and growing but used to be a start up and the previous IT lead was and pardon my french, an incompetent neglegent passive aggressive guy, who luckily no longer works there. He left the department in such a mess, I am in firefighting mode for over 3 months now.

My boss is supportive and I am doing a great job BUT, I am overwhelmed by the crazy amount of emails, we are understaffed and I am trying to fill in 3 positions for the past few months and I am mainly all over the place, disorganized, sometimes paralyzed by the amount of load and not knowing where to begin.
I did so much overtime I almost had a nervous break down and slowed down, after talking to my boss and figuring out the problem is not the load but me. Yes, with my all or nothing perfectionist approach, I was the one who was killing myself with stress and long hours and not the job.

I am desperate and need a coach before I screw this job up and get fired.
Anyone had a coach and could recommend one?
I am located in Germany but willing to work remotely with anyone anywhere in the world.

Thanks ahead.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexaN For This Useful Post:
userguide (06-23-18)
Old 06-23-18, 10:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough
Re: Looking for a coach experienced with working with executives / managers with ADH

I'd love to hear how it worked after you find one.

I am very sceptical of the possibility of coaching oneself up to a successful management career as an adhder, but I'd love to see it works somehow.

I think I will need it as well.
Old 06-24-18, 12:05 AM

wickedpeterock is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a coach experienced with working with executives / managers with ADH

Try either Marina Darlow or Marla Cummins. Both great coaches for ADHD.
The Following User Says Thank You to wickedpeterock For This Useful Post:
userguide (06-24-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-18, 06:38 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

I don't know how much of your issue in this is ADHD and how much of it is just being thrown into the middle of a **** storm. I doubt anyone on their best day would handle the position you are in very well. So props to you for sticking with it. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-26-18, 11:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

well, I wen to therapy for ADD some years ago and the therapist was good. Gave me tips on organizing tasks and time and emotional regulation skills thjat were helpful. Don't know if he practices remotely, or if he's even practicing anymore. This was in Philadelphia. Isn't there anyone you can find in Germany?