ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 02-06-18, 08:20 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice
Just got let go from my job

I just got let go from my job today. It's kind of a relief because that job was too stressful anyways. Anyways, it has made me suspicious of myself once again. I wish I could afford an evaluation.

Several years ago I visited a psychologist, but it ended up a dead end. They thought I just wanted drugs. Now idk what to do with my life.

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eats_mice For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (02-06-18), CharlesH (03-10-18), FlipperTheWhale (03-10-18), Greyhound1 (02-07-18)
Old 02-07-18, 04:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,954 Times in 14,768 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just got let go from my job

Get evaluated if you think you have adhd and forget the past. That was then, this is now.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 02-07-18, 02:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

Gypsy Willow has a spectacular aura aboutGypsy Willow has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry. I agree with Sarah. Get an evaluation. Check around your city to see if there are clinics that only require you to pay on a sliding scale basis.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-18, 05:47 PM

PhotoMum is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. It sounds like you are looking on the bright side, knowing it was too stressful. As far as your concern about yourself, would it be possible to get an evaluation if you could find the right counselor? Have you talked with your doctor about your concerns? Usually, there are good places that work with your budget to get good support in almost any community. Wishing you the best in finding a fun job and finding a good counselor!
Old 03-10-18, 05:19 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eats_mice View Post
Several years ago I visited a psychologist, but it ended up a dead end. They thought I just wanted drugs. Now idk what to do with my life.
Tell the psychologist that if he/she isn't willing to perform a psychological evaluation for a legitimate disorder in the DSM, then perhaps he/she shouldn't be a psychologist.
Old 03-10-18, 05:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
Tell the psychologist that if he/she isn't willing to perform a psychological evaluation for a legitimate disorder in the DSM, then perhaps he/she shouldn't be a psychologist.
Get a psychiatrist, psychologists can't even prescribe.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Little Nut (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 11:24 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

I would not rule out starting w/ your PCP if he/she is very capable and you have a deservedly high degree of trust in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 11:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

well.it might be worth getting an evaluation fr several reasons if you're young that is. That can help you to determine what might be the best jobs for you, and what sort of accomodations you might need