ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-18, 08:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,523 Times in 835 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am adhd, I have adhd or I am a person with adhd?

When I've said it to maybe three therapists it's, "I have ADHD."

I never, ever tell people so I don't have preference for either one, though.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 03-14-18, 05:57 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,176 Times in 14,304 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to clarify that I asked this question in the context of how we felt inside not because I thought we should share it with anyone. I never share it, only my very close family and select friends know and having it never comes up in conversations. I was just wondering how everyone felt about it.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-14-18), Kaia.S (03-14-18)
Old 03-14-18, 07:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I wanted to clarify that I asked this question in the context of how we felt inside not because I thought we should share it with anyone. I never share it, only my very close family and select friends know and having it never comes up in conversations. I was just wondering how everyone felt about it.
Oh that does make a shift from answering your question to experiencing it. Inside i feel more like i am adhd than having it. Having it would mean it's just a piece of me, like it could go on and off, as being it is accepting myself (the person) as a whole (no distance between 'me' and 'me with adhd'). From that perspective having it would feel like a burden, while being it is a name for how my brain differs from most people who don't seem to have problems adjusting to the matrix ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-18, 10:47 AM

Budkeiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budkeiser View Post
I am a person with ADHD.
I know that I am what I am.
I thought I would update this after some thought
I am a person with ADHD-π
I know that I am what I am, but I don't know what I am.

"Albert Einstein" was born on a 14 March

"Stephen Hawking" died today, 14 March

"Pi Day" is on the 14th of March

"Time is relative"
Old 03-14-18, 02:14 PM

SuperSparks will become famous soon enough

I try to avoid the "ADD" acroym. I just tell people that there's something different about my brain in contrast to theirs. Usually, especially those close to me in my worklife and personal life, will believe that to be true

On the real though, I say I am ADD.