ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 08-15-19, 03:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Feeling extremely mellow on Vyvanse

After seeing absolutely no results on 30mg, I moved up to 40mg yesterday. However, I havenít seen an improvement in focus and paradoxically feel too relaxed. Iím not zombified like I was when my Ritalin dose was too high but my hypoactivity has actually become more pronounced on the drug.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? And if so, did you ever see any positives from Vyvanse?
Old 08-16-19, 06:16 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feeling extremely mellow on Vyvanse

I have to add a disclaimer that I have a bias against vyvanse. That does not mean it doesnt work or is bad, its just my experience. My bias stems from the claims made about it. The manufacturer says its lasts 12 hours, but I found it to last 6. They claim its a once a day pill but I found the need for a booster. Mg per Mg it is (I think) not as....strong or effective as dexedrine which is a good alternative for people that do not have success with vyvanse. People that do not do well on ritaline or other methylphenidate drugs often do well with amphetamines but not all of them. Have you ever tried adderall or dexedrine?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Barbrady1 (08-16-19)
Old 08-16-19, 06:42 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I have to add a disclaimer that I have a bias against vyvanse. That does not mean it doesnt work or is bad, its just my experience. My bias stems from the claims made about it. The manufacturer says its lasts 12 hours, but I found it to last 6. They claim its a once a day pill but I found the need for a booster. Mg per Mg it is (I think) not as....strong or effective as dexedrine which is a good alternative for people that do not have success with vyvanse. People that do not do well on ritaline or other methylphenidate drugs often do well with amphetamines but not all of them. Have you ever tried adderall or dexedrine?
Thanks for your response.

I have tried dexamphetamine but it didnít do anything. Adderall is extortionate and extremely difficult to get a hold of here in UK.

Iíd like to try Focalin but again itís difficult to get a prescription where I am based.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-19, 07:52 AM
ADDvanced Member

Iím now on 70mg but still havenít seen much improvement. :s