ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-17, 05:41 PM

thorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to all
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

When you manage to wake up at 6:30 to be on time for work but you manage to forget your wallet and keys at home... and you manage to lose your 150$ sunglasses while working.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thorfinnur For This Useful Post:
KitCat (10-19-17), Lunacie (08-21-17)
Old 08-21-17, 07:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,863 Times in 11,044 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnt View Post
Just had a read and no I dont have it I am actually pretty good at maths when I dont have distractions. My issue is I miss goals and who scored them because I daydream or get distracted.
On a side note is there an easy way to know if someone has replied to a post you make or do you have to just remeber to keep checking back in on the thread? I use an iphone dont know if that makes a difference.
Click on "User CP" in the bar at the top of the page. It won't tell you whether
the new post is a response to yours, but you'll know which threads to check and
see if there are any.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Beachnt (08-21-17), namazu (08-21-17)
Old 08-22-17, 01:00 PM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often to me ... for some reason I can't
drive my own car to work (flat tire, dead battery) and have to borrow my
daughter's car. Which means I take her keys and leave mine at home, right?

Then I get to work and I can't unlock the door and I have to call the boss to
come and let me in, and then come and lock up after me when I'm done.

You'd think after it happened once I'd remember I need to take my keys as
well as my daughter's car keys, but no.
I ended up making copies of the car keys for cars I drove that weren't mine so I didn't have to depend on either myself to remember my house keys, or the in denial ADDer who owned the vehicles...he couldn't find the keys either most of the time. It did make my key ring larger, but life is easier for me now.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-17, 01:45 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bill View Post
I ended up making copies of the car keys for cars I drove that weren't mine so I didn't have to depend on either myself to remember my house keys, or the in denial ADDer who owned the vehicles...he couldn't find the keys either most of the time. It did make my key ring larger, but life is easier for me now.
Used to do this ... before they put electronic gizmos in the key itself. Now that's
too expensive. My daughter's spare key went to her boyfriend because they
have to switch cars at times.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 08-24-17, 02:07 PM
Jr Member

KarVer13 is on a distinguished road

When you forget passwords and write them down then forget where you wrote it at.
Old 08-29-17, 06:50 PM

Kaia.S is just really niceKaia.S is just really niceKaia.S is just really niceKaia.S is just really nice

Surely this has come up before but i didn't go through all the pages yet. I like this topic so much, it makes me laugh about myself!

... when you ALWAYS think you have plenty of time, and find 3 hrs turned into 5 minutes and you're still not dressed.
... when you know how much stress this gives you, and still manage to do it over and over and over again.
...when you hate it when people arrive 5 minutes early at your place, because you still planned to do so much in those 5 minutes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-29-17), stef (08-30-17)
Old 08-29-17, 07:52 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,883 Times in 6,198 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

When you pay $9 to see a movie at the theater and when it's over you walk out and have no idea what the title was, characters or plot.

What worse is when you rent the same movie again a month later from Red Box and have no idea.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-29-17), Lunacie (08-29-17), stef (08-30-17)
Old 08-29-17, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
When you pay $9 to see a movie at the theater and when it's over you walk out and have no idea what the title was, characters or plot.

What worse is when you rent the same movie again a month later from Red Box and have no idea.
In a way I think this is a benefit ... because I can enjoy the same movie or tv
show or book several times.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-29-17), stef (08-30-17)
Old 08-29-17, 11:00 PM

Thanked 19,264 Times in 10,243 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know! And we are on meds. What would it be like without them?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-29-17)
Old 08-29-17, 11:10 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I know! And we are on meds. What would it be like without them?
Probably about the same for me with movies. The only difference is that on meds. I can sit still and daydream without being so restless and bored.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-29-17)
Old 08-29-17, 11:25 PM

Thanked 19,264 Times in 10,243 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably about the same for me with movies. The only difference is that on meds. I can sit still and daydream without being so restless and bored.
That's what I do too! I love it when people take me to run their errands, I can sit in the car and mindlessly and happily do nothing.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-29-17), stef (08-30-17)
Old 08-29-17, 11:30 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I can sit in the car and mindlessly and happily do nothing.
That's one my favorite things to do. Especially, watching people come and go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-22-17), Little Missy (08-30-17), stef (08-30-17)
Old 09-22-17, 01:48 AM

shaiya is on a distinguished road

...you turn the key in the ignition for the second time, because you forgot that you've already started the engine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaiya For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-22-17), stef (09-22-17)
Old 09-22-17, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiya View Post
...you turn the key in the ignition for the second time, because you forgot that you've already started the engine.
I did that a couple of times in the Buick because it was so quiet running.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-22-17), Little Missy (09-22-17), stef (09-22-17)
Old 10-19-17, 05:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

KitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to all

When you get a couple of miles down the road, then suddenly can't remember if you locked the front door when leaving. So, you turn around, even though you are running a little late, and go all the way back. As you pull up to your home, you soon realize that not only did the front door not get locked, it didn't even get shut - it is WIDE OPEN!
The Following User Says Thank You to KitCat For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-19-17)