ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 11-03-10, 11:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of
Re: Teen Roll Call!

Josh, I'm 16, Live in Arizona currently (move all the time), was just diagnosed with adhd a couple months ago, it affects every aspect of my life and now that I look back it has really messed with me.

I like baseball GO CUBS, video games, girls, cars, HUNTING!, and I write poetry...
Old 11-04-10, 06:48 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanADHDthing View Post
I like baseball [redacted], video games, girls, cars, HUNTING!,
Wow. I think you just described every man ever born in one sentence.
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
"Change the world or go home" - Microsoft employee slogan
Old 11-04-10, 06:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold

Not true, I don't like hunting, or baseball.

A teenage male from central Alberta, diagnosed with ADHD, borderline Aspergers, and a non verbal learning disorder.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-10, 07:24 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

ok then.
video games, girls, cars.
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
"Change the world or go home" - Microsoft employee slogan
Old 11-05-10, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6eze View Post
Wow. I think you just described every man ever born in one sentence.

Old 11-05-10, 02:38 PM

ChickenGirl is on a distinguished road

Hi! My name is Anna and I like knitting, reading, browseing forums, playing board games, and playing online RP games.
100% of fair maidens eaten were sacrificed to save their town.
Help raise awareness about the dangers of firebreathing chickens by posting this line in your signiture!
Old 11-05-10, 05:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenGirl View Post
Hi! My name is Anna and I like knitting, reading, browseing forums, playing board games, and playing online RP games.

you forgot your age, and location
Old 11-17-10, 08:37 PM

dancinonwater has a spectacular aura aboutdancinonwater has a spectacular aura about

My name is Natalie, i am 13, i live in New York, and i was just diagnosed with ADHD this year.

I always knew i was a little different and i had a hard time focusing and got really hiper and impulsive, but my ADHD was litterally "hiding" behind my IQ. its tough for me cuz like people dont know and would never suspect it because they know im really smart and people expect all adhders to be dumb....

P.S. i am a dancer, singer, and an actress. i would say im probobly pretty good because i always get the leads in plays and such.... i guess thats a good judge.
Old 12-02-10, 10:11 PM

Krzysolja is on a distinguished road

I'm Danny, I'm 16 years old and I have A.D.D, always been an underachiever due to my A.D.D, I'm on Adderall and my grades have improved a lot.
Old 12-08-10, 06:59 PM

Mw47 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Will, 15 years old and I turn 16 in a month.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD-PI this summer, on my own suspicions. Overall I'm pretty intelligent, but often it's really hard to just accomplish things that my friends can do (who are all pretty smart), since the ADHD has always messed me up. I've always known that something was wrong, but I just never knew what, until the end of last (school) year, so I went to a psychiatrist and was diagnosed, she then sent me to a doctor. The doctor started me on Vyvanse, but we soon found out I have arrhythmia, then we tried Strattera, that crippled my mind beyond usefulness, so now I'm on Daytrana, and if that doesn't work I'm done with meds.
Old 12-15-10, 03:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

Firebird is on a distinguished road

Im chris and I was diagnosed last year! Im 16 and live in alberta canada. I like cars, motorcycles (supermoto's especially), video games, and sleeping.
Old 01-15-11, 05:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,071 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

HI! I'm Joshua, I live in South Africa and im 18 , and my adhd story is kinda complicated at the moment... I just recently came across an article in a magazine that listed the symptoms of adhd and described it a little bit, I realised that i fitted perfectly into the inattentive side ( I have always been an underachiever who constantly forgets things and is often lost). My relationship with my parents is kinda complicated so i found it really hard to bring up the topic with them. Something that also came to mind though after learning about adhd was that i was placed on ritalin at age 8, but i was only on it for a year and then the whole thing just dissapeared. When i eventualy did decide to talk to my mom, she just blew it off and said that i have done ok in school up to now so i should be fine as i am, so why should i bother getting diagnosed (she is also very anti-meds) if you guys could give me advice on how to provceed further it would be apreciated, but otherwise a large friendly Hi, from me
The Following User Says Thank You to sighduck For This Useful Post:
Werl (01-15-11)
Old 01-15-11, 01:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Josh, first I need to know, are you planning or currently going to post secondary institution? The amount the meds help in this setting is extremely high (or so I understand). A diagnosis can possibly get you a smaller room for tests or even more time on tests.

I hope this helped.

A teenage male from central Alberta, diagnosed with ADHD, borderline Aspergers, and a non verbal learning disorder.
Old 01-15-11, 04:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,071 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

To answer your question, werl, i am going to university this year to study teaching

by the way I am very sure that i should get a diagnosis, I'm just not sure how to go about it without the support of my parents
Old 01-16-11, 01:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

If I believe you're age of majority, if you have the money just go to any place that does phyc testing, also you could ask the university for the testing next year.