ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 03-23-13, 12:26 AM

ADDnoob is on a distinguished road
Re: Teen Roll Call!

Hey everyone, I'm ADDnoob because my real name is a bit too uncommon so it's easy to find who I am online. I'm an 18 (two weeks from 19) year old freshman going to college in NC for neuroscience. I just diagnosed at the beginning of this year because I forced myself to get checked out since my academics were suffering last semester and I didn't/wasn't able to care to do anything.
Old 04-11-13, 08:18 AM
Jr Member

Ninjas is a jewel in the roughNinjas is a jewel in the roughNinjas is a jewel in the rough

Eyo. I am Ninja(s). You can call me... Ninja.

Didn't want to put the 's', but it had to be more than 5 letters long :/ Anyhow...

I am currently 13 and live in Hong Kong.

I'm sort of a newb here, and I suspect I have pretty much everything ranging from ADD to dyslexsomething.
Old 04-16-13, 11:07 PM

ADHD4me is on a distinguished road

Sup guys.

Name's Colby. 18 y/o dude from Miami, FL. And yes it's nice down here, but the people suck.

Anyway, I have full-blown ADHD, diagnosed/medicated with every stimulant on earth since 6. I've been browsing here a lot and decided to join and talk to people that could relate to how different of a person someone with ADHD is.

So yeah, feel free to message me if you find some of my posts/pictures/quotes interesting

I despise pessimism, violence, politics, and materialistic people.

I admire those who are humble, determined, intrinsically happy, peaceful, logical, and able to live in harmony with all of their co-inhabitants.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-13, 04:12 PM

WhenIGrowUp is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm Ronnie! I'm a 16, soon to be 17 year old girl from New York City, but I'm currently in boarding school and BOY is it tough. I've got a pretty serious case of ADHD, but I don't have anything else (as far as I'm aware), and I've been on medication since I was 6. I've been learning coping mechanisms, but once the internet came into my life, everything started going downhill. I'm terrified of what it'll be like to be a grownup with ADHD.
Old 05-05-13, 12:19 PM

Conqueror_Elmo is on a distinguished road

I'm Corey, this is my first post ever on this site I am 17, from Maryland. I take Adderall for my ADD. I am relatively new to this drug. I very much like it. Before it, I had severe depression, anxiety, and of course, attention problems. I would always keep to myself, either of just wanting isolation, fearing socialization, the fact that when i do have a conversation with someone I literally could not keep focus on what the person was saying as soon as they started speaking unless it REALLY interested.

After taking the medicine, the first dose was cocaine like euphoria very intense since i immediately started at a relatively high dose for first timers. The euphoric feelings go away after about the third usage and then it feels like a normal pill. Because of this medicine, my depression has dissipated greatly, anxietly has loosened its grips, and my memory and attentivness has been increased tenfold (or more!)
If you are interested in switching or finding a new medicin for your ADHD and you havent tried Adderall, i recomend doing a little more research to make sure its right for you, then ask ur doc about it. Have been on it for maybe 2 weeks, all i can say is its changing my life for the better drastically
Old 05-06-13, 06:49 PM

concertnut is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is John, I am 17 (nearly 18) and I am from good ole music city Nashville TN. I take Concerta for ADHD and Wellbutrin for Depression and ADD. I have been on meds for just a few weeks, but it is working out great.

I was always fine in school, never had terrible grades, even in AP and Honors classes, did great on my ACT and am looking forward to be going to college and challenging my self. My add shows up in my mind though, I would always worry and not do anything without calculating all the risks and punishments. When I would do something, go somewhere that I was not sure about, I would have a panic attack.

On my meds I can go just about anywhere without worrying about feeling panic or sad. It helps me focus a bit more in school and on my homework, but makes me feel secure. I would love to talk to people!
Old 05-13-13, 04:54 PM

Marokutai is on a distinguished road

My name is Thomas/Tom, 18 (19 in 5 months), and I've been Inattentive ADHD for as long as I can remember. misdiagnosed for 12 years, blown off and called a liar, lazy, and mother was always told I would just grow out of it. I have finally been diagnosed and have started adderall xr 15mg and no effective change in my behavior since starting it 1 day ago. Being assessed for broad spectrum disorder and I've had a GI issue since birth from my father who was in Vietnam. Hoping I will start feeling better soon, it's only been 18 years of misery.
Old 05-18-13, 11:13 PM

52HertzWhale is on a distinguished road

I'm Akosua. I've given up on having it pronounced correctly.

I'm fourteen years old, have inattentive-type ADHD, and I think a lot more than I speak. And when I do speak, or explain my intentions when doing something "weird" (like looking around a room to observe the way the light hits some of the objects in there), I get strange looks and an "...okaaaay..." I play piano and tennis, and I get very easily frustrated and cry a lot (especially when I hit my finger/toe on something. When talking about myself I tend to ramble a lot, because I find describing myself and other people very interesting. I also like to read. And I would absolutely love to have a twin sister with whom I could sit and eat lunch with every day.

And that's about it.
Old 05-28-13, 07:47 PM

backstay is on a distinguished road

My name is Lisa.
I'm 16, turning 17 in the next couple of weeks. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 7. I have always been hyperactive, impulsive, and unfocused since I was little. I got in trouble in first grade for doing "donkey-kicks" off the desk. XD

I think as most people who have ADHD, I am different from the common rabble. I consider myself smart, just that the modern education system doesn't fit the way I learn and think. I'm a very auditory learner and need to hear something in order to retain it or remember it. Also I do poorly in classes or tasks that involve meticulous organization, like maintaining a notebook throughout the year, then getting graded on it, or being responsible with a lot of out-of-the-classroom work. I believe that I should have gotten an IEP a long time ago, but since I'm smart I've always gotten good test scores, yet my homework grades would suffer. Therefore leaving me with B's, some A's and some C's. I want to succeed, I really do, just this type of homework/organizational thing makes things very difficult.. and that is my rant for now.

So glad I found this site. I'm excited about connecting with people I can relate to in these things. (so message me ;P)
Old 06-02-13, 04:38 AM

awialways8 will become famous soon enough

Hi. My name is Awia. I'm 18. Going to see a doc next week. I've had the suspicion that I have ADHD for quite a while now. Turns out I was diagnosed as a kid, but my parents didn't want to medicate me, so they just sort of ignored it. Tired of being hyperactive and trying different herbal and natural supplements. I want meds.
Old 09-03-13, 11:43 AM

stooks_bby is on a distinguished road

Im Alyssa, Im 17 and currently in my senior year. I was diagnosed with ADD last year, I always wondered why it was impossible for me to just sit and stare at the board. I had to constantly doodle all over my paper. I'm new and looking for friends, I always have a lot of questions and a lot to talk about haha (:
Old 09-03-13, 05:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could be a teenager but I'm 27 *awkward silence* *feels huge* *says don't drink and drive* *leaves*
The Following User Says Thank You to Daydreamin22 For This Useful Post:
Tinatheawesome (09-06-13)
Old 09-10-13, 10:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

just bringing in some entertainment/good video for you all! *Carry on* *gone*

Middle Schoolers Win International Award With Anti-Bullying Video

http://fox4kc.com/2013/07/10/middle-...ullying-video/

Old 09-11-13, 08:37 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,899 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

I no longer belong here as of my last birthday.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Daydreamin22 (09-15-13)
Old 10-01-13, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

Bella... what do you mean as of your last birthday... you're 23+ right ? (although neurologically teen ages end in males at 22 and females 21 and adulthood 'kicks in' between 23/25 (this refers to the brain's moment in life of highest or at least most efficient way using rational thoughts, the use of the word mature intelligence has from my point of view a way more complex meaning and comparison than a simple statistic, autism is an excellent example to describe deviation in such matters - besides, I think we all know attention deficit is the exception that 'defines the rule' anYWAY) of, NOT 18 and this only is a general statistic based on NTers and only concerns intellectual functioning, not emotional - in which cases adulthood only occurs as of 26 generally - or executive - only at 41)

I have to admit, people often treating me like a kid, or back home guessing I was under-age and changing their behaviour to me in comparison to others my age and some painful situations have kindah complexed me... to fight against it I've changed several attitudes or physical apperances, and although I've grown quiet over it now, sometimes the tendency comes back... whenever a button get's pushed, so any attitude whenever it comes to ages is kindah a compulsive angry defence mechanism...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilthranon For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (10-01-13)