ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-24-18, 09:06 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Adderall ever make you tired?

Adderall XR is more expensive than IR, and if sarah's digestive system makes the XR act like an IR, then she might as well just take the IR. Just a suggestion
Old 05-25-18, 12:50 PM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough

Very interesting reaction. Adderall sometimes causes me to be in overdrive but sometimes (I guess when my REM cycles are all jumbled up) it helps me take awesome naps.

Why is our naps awesome while on add? Anyone have a scientific explanation?
The Following User Says Thank You to tomgrouncontrol For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-25-18)
Old 05-25-18, 01:28 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,785 Times in 7,370 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrouncontrol View Post
Why is our naps awesome while on add? Anyone have a scientific explanation?
Yeah, I'd like to know this too.

I'm still getting tired soon after taking my adderall quite a bit...though at this point I just think I'm naturally tired so no matter if I do or don't take meds, I'm going to get as sleepy as I get sometimes.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-18, 01:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,331 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

not really, but it does suprress the hell outa my appetite
psychopathetic (05-25-18)
Old 05-30-18, 03:18 PM

AED1955 is on a distinguished road

I find it very easy to take a nap soon after taking 10mg IR, especially if I don't have anything in particular to keep me busy. I can even take it late in the evening and get to sleep an hour or two later with no problem.

I would say the Adderall, in this case Teva, is just too weak but if that were the case it still shouldn't act like a sedative. It's also weird that it has no effect on my appetite either. If anything I tend to eat more, especially sweet fatty foods like candy.

These effects go against all logic in the way Adderall or any amphetamine type drug should work. More dopamine in the brain means more stimulation and should also effect the reward system that controls appetite. The only consolation in all this is the fact hat others are experiencing the same issues so it's not just something weird with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to AED1955 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-30-18)
Old 05-30-18, 04:17 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED1955 View Post
These effects go against all logic in the way Adderall or any amphetamine type drug should work. More dopamine in the brain means more stimulation and should also effect the reward system that controls appetite.
If ADHD is a disorder in which the individual is chronically under-stimulated, then if a med like Adderall corrects the chemical imbalance, then the individual's behavior would be expected to become more normalized.

Perhaps the medicine isn't directly making you more tired, but simply is allowing you to realize that you are tired?
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-30-18)
Old 05-30-18, 04:25 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
Perhaps the medicine isn't directly making you more tired, but simply is allowing you to realize that you are tired?
Wow...smart. That could very well be a big part of it!

Also...

Quote:
It's also weird that it has no effect on my appetite either.
Yeah, same here. I was hoping Adderall might actually help me lose some weight too! lol
I've come to realize though over the years, that my issues with hunger aren't based on physical hunger...but emotional/psychological hunger. It doesn't actually take a ton to physically fill me...but I often feel like I need to eat waaaay past physical satisfaction.
And a lot of times I feel a need to eat...when I'm not even physically hungry.
Adderall can't help with these kinds of issues I don't think. I think it does actually help with my "physical" hunger...but can't touch the psychological hunger that I struggle with.
No idea if that made sense haha

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 06-21-18, 03:28 PM

BTSlater is on a distinguished road

I took adderall for years and it was a total game changer for me. I stopped for three years and in between took over the counter energy pills and drinks and am back on it now with zero results, no matter how low or high of a dose I take. I feel nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to BTSlater For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-22-18)
Old 06-22-18, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTSlater View Post
I took adderall for years and it was a total game changer for me. I stopped for three years and in between took over the counter energy pills and drinks and am back on it now with zero results, no matter how low or high of a dose I take. I feel nothing.
That really sucks

Have you tried any other prescription stims?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.